HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they broke off from his, not careful, unboxing. You can see one of the tusks sitting on top of the foam padding as he begins messing with head.

Yeah I can't help but cringe a little watching how these people manhandle the figure in their unboxings and reviews. Especially when it comes to those tusks sticking out.

Not sure if HT put a warning in the instructions about it, but they really should have for those who don't know better.

this guy has fine motoric like like bull butcher ...hurts to watch

My Vader arrived at my house yesterday! Insanely speedy from Sideshow, it had only shipped the day before that from the USA and came all the way up to Canada. Unfortunately I won't be home until next week so I've gotta wait, but I'll be sure to get some stellar pictures for all of you with the camera! Could get some nice shots with the Joker and Batmen for scale too.

BC658381-EBEC-48B1-B3E8-C21E594A4846.jpg

That’s the Rogue one with ESB gloves and Sideshow chest box. I would say they swap out is about the same as the plugs remove and insert with a little firm pressure. No issues.

What are your thoughts in comparison to the 1/6 Vader?

I think when you look at the 1/4 for awhile and then look at the 1/6 you can see the contrast in detail. The 1/6 just doesn?t look as impressive as it did before. The materials are basically the same but the fit (electronics and suit) in the 1/4 scale just makes it more realistic to the man in suit look. One thing the 1/4 could do to make it even more realistic is add a bit of weathering (there wasn?t that much on screen to begin with). The downside is it is too big to be practical to own a lot of 1/4 scale. My house isn?t small but unless you have a room dedicated to figures it?s hard to find the right place for it. Overall it is the best Vader figure or statue out there in my opinion. I haven?t seen Sideshows legendary scale in person but the pictures of the statue are alittle off. To my eyes, Hot Toys has the character captured accurately. If you are a Vader fan I think it?s a must have.

Cool to finally see it next to the 1/6. So does he seem too lean and slender in hand? He comes across that way in pics (looking much more like the skinny ROTS Vader than the one played by Prowse) but no one's commented on that yet in their reviews, so I wonder if it doesn't stand out as much due to how freakin huge the figure already is...

^Mine arrived last night. I'll take some pictures without the cape.. The figure does seem to have filled out a little compared to the prototypes shown at conventions.
I'll post some pics later today.

Cool to finally see it next to the 1/6. So does he seem too lean and slender in hand? He comes across that way in pics (looking much more like the skinny ROTS Vader than the one played by Prowse) but no one's commented on that yet in their reviews, so I wonder if it doesn't stand out as much due to how freakin huge the figure already is...

There is lense distortion in my pictures. What I notice is the helmet flare. In the pic it looks narrower but in hands it?s proportions are the same as the 1/6. I think his build is accurate to my eyes.

Back