HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely prefer him on the standard base alone...looks Beautiful...

Have you checked out the light saber yet? Is it an ok brightness...or a little too dim?

I think the brightness is fine. It will never be bright enough but I prefer it to the fluorescent saber that came with Sideshows PF. That saber was bright enough but was fragile and broke after being gently bumped. I?ll take the more durable Hot Toys saber.

I think the brightness is fine. It will never be bright enough but I prefer it to the fluorescent saber that came with Sideshows PF. That saber was bright enough but was fragile and broke after being gently bumped. I?ll take the more durable Hot Toys saber.

Good to know...it's probably something which i'll rarely use anyways...but as long as it has a decent brightness to it i'll be happy...

e4942cc709df18e72c4b122c645cc522.jpg

Amazing. So massive. A lot bigger than say the DK 1/4 scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because of sideshow's lack of communication and asking me to jump through hoops it looks like mine is going to be cancelled.
Sideshow have totally tainted my want for this figure with their shoddy service! :mad:

I think when you look at the 1/4 for awhile and then look at the 1/6 you can see the contrast in detail. The 1/6 just doesn?t look as impressive as it did before. The materials are basically the same but the fit (electronics and suit) in the 1/4 scale just makes it more realistic to the man in suit look. One thing the 1/4 could do to make it even more realistic is add a bit of weathering (there wasn?t that much on screen to begin with). The downside is it is too big to be practical to own a lot of 1/4 scale. My house isn?t small but unless you have a room dedicated to figures it?s hard to find the right place for it. Overall it is the best Vader figure or statue out there in my opinion. I haven?t seen Sideshows legendary scale in person but the pictures of the statue are alittle off. To my eyes, Hot Toys has the character captured accurately. If you are a Vader fan I think it?s a must have.

My thoughts on owning both Iron Man Mark 43 figures. The quarter scale just captures that scale version of an actual suit, whereas the sixth scale looks like an expensive toy..

e4942cc709df18e72c4b122c645cc522.jpg

Amazing. So massive. A lot bigger than say the DK 1/4 scale.

Thanks for sharing the picture of it in the Detolf! How much space is there between the middle shelf and the top of his helmet when he's on the full stand?

Ahoy!
So Shipmates, if you have this figure, do yourself a huge favor and break it down and redress. Seems obvious, but repositioning the cod piece and finessing the inner robes and cape makes a huge difference in improving the overall proportions. The shin guards and huge feet don't seem to distract me the way they did when first out of the box.
For those interested, here are some good shots of the body and suit. Its lean, but certainly not scrawny as some of the proto images leaned toward. It could still use a pinch more padding here and there, but in hand is looks really good.

Attachments

• vad1.jpg
    vad1.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 281
  • vad2.jpg
    vad2.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 281
  • vad3.jpg
    vad3.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 278
Ahoy!
So Shipmates, if you have this figure, do yourself a huge favor and break it down and redress. Seems obvious, but repositioning the cod piece and finessing the inner robes and cape makes a huge difference in improving the overall proportions. The shin guards and huge feet don't seem to distract me the way they did when first out of the box.
For those interested, here are some good shots of the body and suit. Its lean, but certainly not scrawny as some of the proto images leaned toward. It could still use a pinch more padding here and there, but in hand is looks really good.

Hi thank you for your advice. How did you manage to take off the cape , the breastplate and the shoulder pads? Is the head removable?

Thanks for sharing the picture of it in the Detolf! How much space is there between the middle shelf and the top of his helmet when he's on the full stand?

A lot of space actually. I?ll take some more pics. Also I?ll compare with my sixth scale SS/HT mashed up Vader.
086c07cc8ec16c2661c6c66f58b9d559.jpg

Damn it looks so impressive...what's your overall impressions Bebe?

My overall impression is that it is a great figure. Feels amazing....I believe he has enough bulk, but could use a little more but it?s good enough. Everything just looks great on this whether it?s the way the cape drapes, the chest and belt boxes, the hands. Any pose you put him in he is intimidating, imposing and the best Vader I?ve ever seen.

The best is the helmet and the Anakin head sculpt. Both are extremely well done and will be hard to beat in any scale.

Only negatives are prob the upper stand piece which isn?t necessary. I wish they went for a bespin or Death Star looking base. The 1/6 HT ESB Vader stand is more of what I wanted but in 1/4 scale.

Overall, prob one of my fav if not my top figure.

Hi thank you for your advice. How did you manage to take off the cape , the breastplate and the shoulder pads? Is the head removable?
Everything is easily removable. There is a little Velcro under the front of the chest/shoulder armor and cod piece to hold them in place.

Ahoy!

Did you lose one of the tusks?

Did you lose one of the tusks?
Thankfully no. It arrived 'missing'. The issue with all the alleged broken tusks is due to how the piece was packaged at the factory. The foam and plastic that is wrapped tightly around the helmet for protection, looks to be the cause of the loose/missing tusks. I found mine tucked in to the foam packaging (within the figure tray). I still need to properly glue the tusk back on.

Ahoy!

Is the chest box removable as well, or is it attached to the outfit like on the ESB figure?

Is the chest box removable as well, or is it attached to the outfit like on the ESB figure?
It is incorporated into the suit/body. The "face" is removable via friction and registration pins. I'll try to snap a pic to illustrate later this eve...

Back