HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that. Hope it sells me on this piece. Seeing it wobbling on that stand just I don't know, I need more. The base is terrible and the light up is really weak The figure looks cool but man for this kind of money I want those things to be on point. Oh well here is hoping this review gets me up to ordering. :)

From what I've seen Anakin, Obi Wan (ROTS) and Mace had very nice sculpts as well. I don't think I've seen anyone customize the 1/4 Diamond Select figures, but I always thought some of them had great potentioal. Does anyone have any customs from this line to show off?

The only modification i've done so far was to shorten them...as at 19 inches they were way too tall. Have Palps down to about 17 inches which should look ok next to Vader...

Now i'm in the process of sculpting a better looking neck and then a repaint...

well thats a great review.. and it does look pretty awesome.. might need it now :lol

I can't get over how crappy that base is, going to try and overlook that right now. Even without that wonky top part it still looks just so basic, but relieved that top part isn't required lol . I'm trying to understand the point of the helmet stand. It really only serves any use if you plan on displaying Vader without the dome and top part of the mask correct? Otherwise you will just have the face sculpt with no helmet parts on the thing.

Size comparison is crazy. 1/6 looking like a Black Series sized fig Capture.JPG

Looks fantastic in that review. And I agree with Justin that it would have been cool if they had included Luke's lightsaber for him to hold as well, as it was such a memorable moment in the movie.

This looks amazing! I really cannot wait for it.

I think the main complaint for me would be the stand. I wish they went for an all in one Vader with changeable boxes, Helmet pieces to make it ANH or ESB/ROTJ or Luke?s saber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently mine should be here tomorrow!

I think I might have to do my first review video for this figure.

Stunning piece. I can't go quarter scale so I'll have to love it from afar. Turned out beautifully...can't believe how much it towers over the 1/6!

The last 1/4 scale released was Batman, right? Considering he’s still warming shelves and Star Wars isn’t super popular for Hot Toys, anyone feel this guy will be available for a while? Don’t want to rush to buy if there is not a need. Heck, I bought 1/4 Boba for a decent discount.

The last 1/4 scale released was Batman, right? Considering he’s still warming shelves and Star Wars isn’t super popular for Hot Toys, anyone feel this guy will be available for a while? Don’t want to rush to buy if there is not a need. Heck, I bought 1/4 Boba for a decent discount.

Joker was released after Batman. That was sold out in preorder for a while.

This looks amazing! I really cannot wait for it.

I think the main complaint for me would be the stand. I wish they went for an all in one Vader with changeable boxes, Helmet pieces to make it ANH or ESB/ROTJ or Luke?s saber.

Fantastic idea!
Like DX ESB fett

All they?d really need is the more obvious official differences

ANH:
Battle worn face mask with smaller chin vent, amber lenses, helmet w widows peak
ANH battle worn greaves
ANH chest box
ANH belt
Set of ANH gloved hands ANH lightsaber

ESB
upper face mask w head / neck with higher separation point at top tube from meditation chamber reveal scene
ESB chest box with extra greeblies
ESB belt and additional shorter tabard from Hoth sequence
ESB lightsaber

Hans blaster
Luke?s lightsaber

Mine arrives Tuesday. Ordered it forever ago and even had buyers remorse for a bit but these reviews have me really excited. Very glad I purchased this one.

Back