HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering how tall would this Vader be when standing straight on that base? I visually estimate it would be around minimum at least 62cm height.

I dig this guy?s reviews. 67cm on the stand?! Huge! The saber seems just as dim as the 1/6 ones but as DavidJames said a Cathode one would look amazing on this guy.

Only cons I can see

Light saber isn't bright, that base wobble is asking for an accident!

Overall I'm super impressed with this I love the chest plate idea! I wonder if better batteries would make the lights brighter.

Last edited:
This looks amazing! Everything I wanted in a 1/4 Vader! I feel like that deluxe stand should have come standard to be honest.

One question:

Where does one purchase those detolf half shelves where you can allow room for a 1/4 scale as well as two 1/6 scales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, Hot Toy's pics do not do this figure justice. Based off that review this thing looks excellent.

Other than the chest box being too big (similar to the ESB 1/6) the final product looks great. It even seems to have resolved most of the body proportion issues including additional bulk. Only major mod I'm planning on is eliminating the split tusks. Looking forward to this one!

This looks a hugely impressive piece with the mask/helmet being the best i've seen yet in either 1/6 or 1/4 scale...figure or statue.

My only small nitpicks are the slightly under sized nose and wrong mouth grill but they're forgivable as everything else looks excellent...

Incorporating the on/off switch under the actual hilt switch was another great idea...i'll probably only ever use the light-up saber a few times so the "not so bright" led is a non issue for me...i prefer the no nonsense gloves on belt static pose look for vader:)

Wonder if it's possible to have his arms crossed. That would be a cool display pose as an alternate to his hands on his belt. But those would be my display choices for this if I decide to get him.

Nice to finally see some reviews, and yeah once you get a better idea of the large scale the figure does seem a lot more impressive. Shame about the lightsaber being so dim, but that was probably to be expected.

And the base still looks awkward and wobbly, but I'm a sucker for lightup features and it does seem to look cooler when lit up, so it works well enough for me.

This Vader is a beast even for a 1/4 I think this might be HT biggest 1/4 . I like to see this Vader next to a 1/4 Nolan Batman . I bet Bats will look like a shrimp :horror

I skipped through Virtual Devil's review. Everything in the whole package looks incredible, even the special edition stand is better than I expected. Glad I opted for it. I'm trying to avoid diving too much into others reviews and photos until I get mine! This is going to look so good alongside my Hot Toys Nolan 1/4s, but it's showing a lot of potential in being even better than all 3 of those ones.

Just out of curiosity, for those picking this up how many other 1/4 figures do you guys have? Specifically Hot Toys but I guess you could include other companies in there too.

I had a whole lot of NECA 1/4 figures, ~30 of them, but last December I decided to start selling them off and now all I've got is the Hot Toys trio of the Dark Knight Batman, Joker, and Batman Begins.

I skipped through Virtual Devil's review. Everything in the whole package looks incredible, even the special edition stand is better than I expected. Glad I opted for it. I'm trying to avoid diving too much into others reviews and photos until I get mine! This is going to look so good alongside my Hot Toys Nolan 1/4s, but it's showing a lot of potential in being even better than all 3 of those ones.

Just out of curiosity, for those picking this up how many other 1/4 figures do you guys have? Specifically Hot Toys but I guess you could include other companies in there too.

I had a whole lot of NECA 1/4 figures, ~30 of them, but last December I decided to start selling them off and now all I've got is the Hot Toys trio of the Dark Knight Batman, Joker, and Batman Begins.

I keep meaning to pick up Nolan batman, this is my 3rd so far although I have 1:4 Richard Harrow + few other customs in the pipeline.
I wish the market for these guys was bigger I'd love Palpatine! :gah:

Back