HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I'm wondering if I should just skip this and stick to 1/6. I would still want a 1/6 HT ROTJ Vader even if I got this, as to why I skipped the ESB HT Vader.. I have the HT ANH, SS original ANH & the SS Deluxe ESB/ROTJ Vader.

And 1/4 scale is BIG. I have 5 SW PF statues. I have the 1st ANH Vader PF SS did way back with the exclusive 1/4 Mouse Droid. Still love that Vader too. But being able to buy a figure in this scale in any pose I want is too tempting. Iv'e skipped all the other awesome statues for that reason. Just most of them I didn't like the poses chosen. And the prices have gotten out of hand. The last couple SS and the awesome Iron Studios ESB Vader. Almost got him too, but ultimately passed. Just hard to to switch back to statues after the flexibility of all the awesome HT & SS (some anyway) 1/6 SW figures.

Aesthetically this thing is almost perfect...so far it’s the most faithful to the actual sculpt, and though the body may seem a tad short for him, we’ve seen enough of the stunt man in the vader suit for it to be a pass.....

This Vader and the rest of hot toys for that matter is far more accurate in sculpt compared to the iron studios one...heck, sell your old PF, and get this!

So currently watching an unboxing on a facebook page.

Dam this thing looks impressive! The base comes in 2 parts so you can display with the floor piece or as a full thing.
This is my 1st star wars piece.... gotta say the fact the batteries now go in the light saber is a winner!

https://www.facebook.com/FigureCollecting4Dummy/videos/801701973578407/

Last edited:

Dam this thing looks impressive! The base comes in 2 parts so you can display with the floor piece or as a full thing.

Where is this video! I must see it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link.
Most impressive...

^Surprisingly it worked for me, which usually isn?t the case, since I am not on Facebook.

This is my 1st star wars piece.... gotta say the fact the batteries now go in the light saber is a winner!

Thanks for posting...

Very clever in how they've done the interchangeable mask/sculpt...and the options to display both...the old Anny head looks superb...curious though to see how bright that saber is...

That?s good to hear. I haven?t been a fan of that rickety base on a base look they came up with. No real reference or reason for it either was baffling.

Yeah looking at those instructions, the lightsaber appears to work with the same 3 batteries and 4.5v as the 1/6 version, so I can't see it being very bright.

But the figure looks really good otherwise though, with a cape that thankfully appears to be a proper length and isn't overly long like the RO cape. And another good thing is if you break off one of the tusks, you have a couple backup ones to use from that extra display piece. ;)

That double level base certainly isn't the best design, but I'll probably use it anyway just because the regular one looks a bit boring in comparison.

Looking forward to this! Just placed my order for the SSC Exclusive version..Now Bobba Fett has a Sith Lord to hang out with... Hoping the StromTrooper 1/4 scale is next! Would love a Chewbacca!!!

Back