HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The IS vader is a nice looking piece...but the face mask/helmet are way off and not very movie accurate..

This version has the most accurate looking mask/helmet of any 1/4,1/6 vader figure/statue thus far...

Hopefully nothing gets lost in translation when it goes into production.

Sorry, but not agree. There are Vader experts out there who have seen the helmet of Iron Studios Vader, and even if not perfect, is not as you described. Way off, no. Iron Studios, with all its flaws, because it has them, like any other collectible out there, remains the best Vader statue so far in any scale.

Still I might get the HT 1/4 Vader too, it is way better than the Sideshow PF's. And I'm definitely waiting for the HT 1/4 Stormie

Sorry, but not agree. There are Vader experts out there who have seen the helmet of Iron Studios Vader, and even if not perfect, is not as you described. Way off, no. Iron Studios, with all its flaws, because it has them, like any other collectible out there, remains the best Vader statue so far in any scale.

Still I might get the HT 1/4 Vader too, it is way better than the Sideshow PF's. And I'm definitely waiting for the HT 1/4 Stormie
It's incredibly accurate. But we all see these things a little differently. I think it's important to have a piece in hand to properly judge it. I see pictures of figures I own all jacked up with lens distortion and people judge it. Meanwhile I'm looking at my figure that looks nothing like the photo people are judging lol

Anyway buy what you like. It's a great time to be a Vader fan

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry but I don't agree. I'd go so far as to say that even if somebody offered me an IS Vader for free that I would sell it rather than put it up on display.

I ordered the **** outta this

0b0d53f6e903f3f5436ae7f178136ca3.gif

The stand just looks as If they put the prequel and OT ones together because they already developed the prequel one and said it’ll be a waste of time and effort if they don’t Use it. It looks like a total afterthought.

When it comes to this scale i'd take an experts view with a pinch of salt...for me the IS face mask/helmet is just not very movie accurate...especially when viewed from the side. It looks more of a mash-up of TESB /ROTS...than anything else.

With so much reference material and technology now available..these should look more like a shrunken down 1.1 helmet...and not an artistic interpretation..

I agree that the IS is the best looking 1/4 vader statue on the market...but there's little competition to judge it against...until now...and this great looking offering from HT...

The stand just looks as If they put the prequel and OT ones together because they already developed the prequel one and said it’ll be a waste of time and effort if they don’t Use it. It looks like a total afterthought.

Yes. I was hoping for something more like the sixth scale ESB stand but an Emperors throne room version (if that makes sense)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it comes to this scale i'd take an experts view with a pinch of salt...for me the IS face mask/helmet is just not very movie accurate...especially when viewed from the side. It looks more of a mash-up of TESB /ROTS...than anything else.

With so much reference material and technology now available..these should look more like a shrunken down 1.1 helmet...and not an artistic interpretation..

I agree that the IS is the best looking 1/4 vader statue on the market...but there's little competition to judge it against...until now...and this great looking offering from HT...

There are experts who own and handled cast from original helmets like TM, SL, CfO and others. They kinda know what they are talking...

But they aren't forum experts. ;)

This place is a whole new level of expertise don't you know?

IS is so bad dude would sell it before disgracing his collection with it lol. Ridiculous

Dude half the **** these "experts" chime in about i woulda never noticed without their "critique". There is such a thing as over-analysis, although it does come in handy at times so it's a double edge sword. But i still take a lot of what these "experts" deem as acceptable with a huge grain of salt.

My problem right now is this or 1/6 ESB Vader as i have no Vader and only need one. :gah:

But they aren't forum experts. ;)

This place is a whole new level of expertise don't you know?

IS is so bad dude would sell it before disgracing his collection with it lol. Ridiculous

This mere mortal just thinks it ain't very accurate looking that's all....beautiful piece no doubt...but off.

Back