HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anxious to hear the Vader experts take on what version of Vader this is and how accurate. Looks cool to me. Only gripe on these 1/4 scale is the stand. Seems they could do a peg in the stand and a hole in the foot and accomplish a better look...

Anxious to hear the Vader experts take on what version of Vader this is and how accurate. Looks cool to me. Only gripe on these 1/4 scale is the stand. Seems they could do a peg in the stand and a hole in the foot and accomplish a better look...

thats what I did with my Boba and what I will do this this beauty !! If this posed the right way this will be THE vader.. still looks ROTS to me but I really do not care.. its vader

The helmet and the neck collar looks awesome

I really do not understand what HT is waiting for to get the PO up

The dome looks better...it feels like it needs to be a tad larger...it feels a little small...but the shape seems better than what I first saw...don't know if it's just a different angle or a revised sculpt for the dome.
The chest armour feels a little small, but it could just be ridden up too high.
The cut of the cape seems correct. The body suit should be more fitted on the upper half and nagger at the legs. The gauntlets seemed to cuff at the wrists of the original and it'd be nice to see that happen here...

Pretty good though.

The Hayden Vader, though the 3/4 view of the helmet is soft and weak has a really nice angry looking mug shot...the eyes need to be flattened...the signature of this all black helmet is symmetry and a mirror like look , aviator glasses for eyes...the mean motorcycle cop in the face...

The Hayden Vader was, though slight in build, WELL TAILORED
image.jpg.

They have to cinch up the midsection since Vader was shaped more like an upside down triangle with a slimmer waist than older Vader.

There aren't any straps on the chest box. I wonder if it plugs into the chest on pegs and can't be moved?

I'd love to have a Vader at this scale. ROTS would undoubtedly be last on my list but if it's going to be my only choice I'll take it. (As long as there's no voice function where he yells "noooooooooooo!")

There aren't any straps on the chest box. I wonder if it plugs into the chest on pegs and can't be moved?

I'd love to have a Vader at this scale. ROTS would undoubtedly be last on my list but if it's going to be my only choice I'll take it. (As long as there's no voice function where he yells "noooooooooooo!")

It's actually a string on his back with a ring attached at the end. When you pull the string, he says, "No! I am yo Daddy!"

Close-up pic.

29368334220_3e6ef88f26_b.jpg

I forgot to add. The brow of the dome should be smooth and without a hard crease.
Also, The nose should be more rounded for this version.
And a deeper set grill near the top of the mouth -though not as angled as the OT grill
From rpf
image.jpeg
And
Like this example of the mr from starwarshelmets.com
image.jpeg

So basically, it's all wrong... :lol

Ironically there are few things they got or almost got that I Didn't expect:

1. The straight nose bridge ( lower half) ot has a curved bridge
2. The upper nose ridges are done correctly
3. The dome shape at 3/4 angle, notice that the edge and the silhouette of the outer skirt of the dome are parallel...\ \. ot doesn't line up like that.
4. There's the s-curve on the cheeks, but they have to push it more, it's too tame...
5. The s-bevel angle on the "laugh lines" need to be more apparent

They basically have to push some if the details they already sculpted in

Why do HT persist with that awful nose plug on they're vaders. For me that alone kills the overall look of the figure..

I agree they should just injection mold a different color plastic for the nose if they're trying to avoid a print/ paint detail

In 1/6 is barely noticeable but in 1/4 it is like a sore eye.

Not to mention how shallow it is...and an awkward shape both in outline, since it should be rounder, and that it dips in and stops flat.

It seems all the 1/4 Vaders have their issues.
This HT version is the one I can tolerate the most and I will still be buying it, that is, unless HT does something to further ruin it. :)

Back