HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are now waiting to modify the prototype to look like ROGUE ONE Vader and will be releasing the figure in December! Booommm, great marketing strategy, sales exploding :)

That would be brilliant, as Rogue One Vader will be ANH Vader, my favourite.

Not too sure Rogue One Vader will look like ANH Vader. I wonder if they will go back to rough design and everything when they can make him look more polished and modern.... since we all know 99.99% of world population doesn't even know that the costumes are different one movie to another.

If thats the case.. I would be ok with the wait to be honest ! Rouge One Vader must be ANH Vader because it plays just at the same time when ANH starts ...

still.. an update or a word whats going on would be nice

Not too sure Rogue One Vader will look like ANH Vader. I wonder if they will go back to rough design and everything when they can make him look more polished and modern.... since we all know 99.99% of world population doesn't even know that the costumes are different one movie to another.

No one knows for sure, but some of the spoiler sites have said it's ANH Vader.

*sigh* I come to this thread to get depressed. Why PT.....why?

Let it be PT for now, to test it, like the 1/6 ANH Vader. :wink1: After all the possible issues and problems are found and fixed, they could make a 1/4 OT Vader (ROTJ reveal preferably)

Let it be PT for now, to test it, like the 1/6 ANH Vader. :wink1: After all the possible issues and problems are found and fixed, they could make a 1/4 OT Vader (ROTJ reveal preferably)

Timing is everything. An ANH style Vader is coming in the next movie - makes sense to do that first. There is no reason it should be PT first....

I wonder what the hold up is on this figure... It is a much anticipated figure for me. Hard to see all these great figures go up and not seeing what I really want: 1/4 Vader and Stormtrooper.

To get amped for this figure, I'm again going to reiterate the way I'd hope this 1/4 Vader will turn out:

I'd wish for an ESB/ROTJ Vader in some form. I think it makes sense as this is the most iconic of the Vader costumes (subjective). If they wanted they could offer a figure that could have switch out parts to make the different versions. Of course being thrown around is the fact that a Rogue One Vader could also be in the mix. Last on my list and most other collectors is having the ROTS Vader. Probably the least liked VADER and given that the 1/4 scale is kind of a risk for Hot Toys as they don't sell like the 1/6th scale, I'm thinking HT is maybe rethinking the prototype they released. Hence why it has take so long for a final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone told me on another thread that this was canceled. Gonna get a Rogue One 1/6 Vader instead, which is supposed to be ANH style (if rumors are true). It's unfortunate because I, unlike many, love the Sith Vader and think it deserves more collectibles.

I simply think the Revenge of the Sith Vader is too risky for Hot Toys. I mean we always assume things will sell out like crazy...but I think the ROTS would be a bad investment. They'd be better to sell a Rogue One Vader...Most want to forget the prequel series and a Rogue One Vader would be a flagship figure from the Rogue One film line.

Again I would like an all in one figure since the changes from the Vaders aren't too big. I'm just excited to have this figure. I can def wait if it means having a better design (imho) than ROTS Vader.

I simply think the Revenge of the Sith Vader is too risky for Hot Toys. I mean we always assume things will sell out like crazy...but I think the ROTS would be a bad investment. They'd be better to sell a Rogue One Vader...Most want to forget the prequel series and a Rogue One Vader would be a flagship figure from the Rogue One film line.

Again I would like an all in one figure since the changes from the Vaders aren't too big. I'm just excited to have this figure. I can def wait if it means having a better design (imho) than ROTS Vader.

If the rumors are true and the Rogue One Vader is a copy of the ANH suit, don't you think HT will just rebox their current ANH 1/6 Vader? I am a huge Vader fan, but I like the ANH helmet the least. I have not bought their 1/6 Vader because of this. For me, the ROTS Vader is the pinnacle of design. It is the ONLY symmetrical helmet ever produced by Lucasfilm. The ultimate fan service would be if HT does each version of Vader so that we can have all or just our favorite. However, I'm unsure they will do this because there isn't much difference between versions.

If the rumors are true and the Rogue One Vader is a copy of the ANH suit, don't you think HT will just rebox their current ANH 1/6 Vader? I am a huge Vader fan, but I like the ANH helmet the least. I have not bought their 1/6 Vader because of this. For me, the ROTS Vader is the pinnacle of design. It is the ONLY symmetrical helmet ever produced by Lucasfilm. The ultimate fan service would be if HT does each version of Vader so that we can have all or just our favorite. However, I'm unsure they will do this because there isn't much difference between versions.

Very good points. I could see this all determined by extras...if in the movie there is enough new stuff beyond the suit (head sculpt, severed arm ect) that would add nicely to the whole package. Again I would personally love to see a figure in which you can create the various Vader suits. I'd pay extra for that:

3 masks (ROTS, Rogue one/ANH, ESB/ROTJ)
2 head sculpts (ROTS and ROTJ Anakin)
Severed arm from ROTJ
2 glove sets (ANH and ESB/ROTJ)
2 chest boxes and 2 belt boxes (could easily be magnetized into place)

The robe could easily be changed so that it has both the ANH/Rogue One and ESB/ROTJ looks.

As a base I'd love to see a light up carbonate chamber piece.

I think that if it were set to a higher price, that it would be a better investment than possibly making multiple Vaders at 1/4 scale. I mean even the 1/6th scale has not sold out on SS yet. But this is my two cents and hope. We will see what happens.

why not making just a 1/4 Rouge One Vader ????? Man HT>. come on.. I dont wanna get the SSC Vader :(

Back