Hot Toys putting Sideshow to shame.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I got a bad Bruce Wayne but mine came out more tanned than I think he was in the movie.

Mine has dark skin too. Overall, I prefer the look and likeness of Sideshow headsculpts. Of course Hot Toys has been getting better with every release.

Sideshow's sculpts are generally good but that's about where it ends. Paint apps and tailoring leave a lot to be desired.

Welcome to the regularly scheduled 'Hot Toys is better than Sideshow' thread.............................

:horse

:sleep

I was always impressed with HT and generally liked most of the SS stuff as well, but recently I have been blown away by HT stuff.

HT would make 5 characters from SW and that would be it.

That has to be why Sideshow hasn't given them the 1/6 scale reigns on that license like they have other lines. A really good thing for the majority of collectors I suppose. Personally, and I'm positive I'm in the minority, I'd rather have just 5 extremely well done characters vs what sideshow has given us (admittedly a somewhat ignorant statement considering I've only seen 1 sideshow figure in person)

Oh I don't know. Talking with them they want to make the best 1/6th they can and I think that they are trying to do that. I don't really consider Enterbay a major player. I mean they've done what a few Bruce Lee's and what else?

EnterBay isn't a major player yet but they are definitely starting to head that way. Bruce Lee, now 24, The Godfather, even getting the Dragonball: Evolution license in an attempt to recapture the love of the original in the Asian markets shows striving to get there. I really think within the next couple of years they'll be a good force to be reckoned with in the 1/6 market.

I'd totally disagree. I think the quality matches the price they're charging. At least from what I feel when I get them. You don't HAVE to repaint them though you choose to have them repainted.

I have to disagree with this statement. Ben Kenobi from ANH had near flawless paint apps, I would argue it was on par with the HT figures now (before DX). It is IMHO the best 1/6 Star Wars put out there in terms of quality and that figure itself was $59.99. I would say that figure was a steal. Now the paint apps are really lacking from SSC on a lot of their figures and when you see the raw sculpts and the finished products they are definitely 2nd rate. For me SSC needs to step up the QC because if they can produce perfect paint with a $59.99 figure they can surely do it with an $89.99 or a $99.99 figure and in fact it should be the expectation. No company should have to have their stuff repainted and that IS a desire of the owner themselves but again every company should be producing the best figure they can and since we've seen on figures like Obi-Wan or Palpatine, we know it can be done by SSC, they have to make sure its always done.

HT would make 5 characters from SW and that would be it.

This is one spot where HT is really lacking, they don't really delve deep in a line, more than happy with providing a couple of heavy hitters and then moving along.

But we wouldn't have had that choice, HT would make 5 characters from SW and that would be it.

This is one spot where HT is really lacking, they don't really delve deep in a line, more than happy with providing a couple of heavy hitters and then moving along.

Assumptions at most.

What line does HT have that has such a vast universe as LOTR or SW?

I think the biggest licenses that theyve got, they have given us a good share of what we want. Ie. predator, aliens, batman, terminator.

I'd rather see a company put out the major players and cut out the BS characters who don't even have any lines in the film.

Assumptions at most.

An assumption based on every line HT has ever done.

Who knows though. Its not as though Sideshow delved very deep in any line besides Star Wars... except maybe Buffy. :dunno

An assumption based on every line HT has ever done.

Who knows though. Its not as though Sideshow delved very deep in any line besides Star Wars... except maybe Buffy. :dunno

which lines that HT has done deserve 20 figures made?:dunno

And we all know how WELL the SS Buffy line has sold :lol

What line does HT have that has such a vast universe as LOTR or SW? I think the biggest licenses that theyve got, they have given us a good share of what we want. Ie. predator, aliens, batman, terminator.

You can't deny that major players have been left out of those lines as well. Like her or not Lexi was huge part of AvP, never done. There were a few people left out of the Aliens line especially since they've been jumping around with it so since it doesn't look completely done that is still up for review. Batman Begins lacks at minimum Scarecrow and Ras but I would consider Alfred and Gordon both major players in that line.....well at least Gordon. Superman Returns missing Lex. POTC is missing half the pirate cast not to mention a huge one is leaving out Barbossa. No Connors were ever made for Terminator save John in this last one. Rocky will always been missing Mickey at minimum although you'll get a ton of those fans who cry out for a number of characters missing.

HT does have a tendancy to begin a line and not see it to completion even when they are short just one major player. While its not the same as a vast universe of source material like Star Wars, it doesn't bode well that we'd even get background Jedi or even some of the Tier 2 characters ever done by HT if they had that line. Think about it. How many figures in HT's most extensive line? Not counting general licenses (The Predators come from various films not just one) its about 7 (AvP) and that is including 2 variants. So that means we'd have gotten from ANH: Obi-Wan, Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Chewbacca, Luke X-Wing and maybe the Droids. That means no cool Cantina Aliens, no Imperials, no Rebels, a lot of stuff that'd be missing with just getting the majors. That is of course assuming they'd go film by film. If they just did SW figures in general you'd get a dusting from all films which means even from the list above you'd have some missing.

Last edited:
How many figures from Batman Begins were made? 1?

1 for Batman Begins.

For TDK they took it up a few notches.

TDK BB suit Batman
TDK suit Batman
V1 Joker
Bank Robber Joker
Two Face
DX Joker/Cop Joker (You can sorta count this as two figures, but I don't)

I just wish they would move on to other characters.

Then there are the luxuriously expensive vehicles -
The Tumbler
Batpod

yeah but it would be 3 versions of luke from the same film with 5 different heads and maybe a leia and a han.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Though I have a feeling that if Hot Toys got the SW license they would really go to town with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back