Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That Jockey is simply beautiful! Looks like my Palasades Jockey but a million times better, lol. Thanks for posting this amazing piece.

I'm losing hope for Shaw- I REALLY think she will be the only figure done for this line by HT...IF we get her....sigh

HT far more interested in amping up 10 plus figures for IM3 in the next year...

Yup. I think Shaw will definitely show up. Weve seen teasers of her so its unlikely now that she wont be released.
Its just gonna take longer due to HTs Iron Man fetish! I really hope they release a lot more from Prometheus too, but with HTs so busy, it seems unlikely.

I dunno if anyones seen this, but a guy called Julian Bloom was planning to sell what looks like a 1/6 scale Space Jockey from Alien.
Its now sitting in Gigers museum!
Check the documentary link below...

Alien Fans (93 mins) -
(Space Jockey is seen from 11:50 - 19:30)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/dennis-lowe-documentaries/

Also, here's a pic -
julianbloomspacejockey.jpg

Hell yeah! :yess: :clap

I'd actually consider the dum**** who's bumping the Hot Toys Prometheus thread with no new info, only to insult other members for no apparent reason to be far, far more annoying.

Man, I thought there was news...

Anyway, HBO has Prometheus on. I've been watching it a bunch of times since seeing it a while back. If Alien and Aliens are A movies. Then Prometheus is an A-. I guess people that didn't like it were expecting a full on Alien vs people movie. I didn't watch any trailers before and only expected an Alien origin movie. I actually think the last scene is unnecessary. But I'm not that much of a fan of the Alien hybrids. I like the "pure" Aliens that we see in the first two movies. Anyway, I'm noticing tons of small details.

For example, I didn't get the "there are more ships" line on first viewing. I was thinking are they all underground? But on my rewatches, I noticed when the Prometheus comes in for landing you can see more of the Alien head structures in the background. Like three or four of them.

There are even small moments in the film that explain the behavior of the two guys that are stuck in the structure that many people complain about. Also, I'm starting to get how the ooze works too. And how the Engineers are different from what we originally see in the opening.

Prometheus really is an old school sci-fi movie. It's easily the best of the sequel, prequel, reboots, that I can remember right now. Hot Toys better not stiff me on my Elizabeth Shaw figure.

Man, I thought there was news...

Anyway, HBO has Prometheus on. I've been watching it a bunch of times since seeing it a while back. If Alien and Aliens are A movies. Then Prometheus is an A-. I guess people that didn't like it were expecting a full on Alien vs people movie. I didn't watch any trailers before and only expected an Alien origin movie. I actually think the last scene is unnecessary. But I'm not that much of a fan of the Alien hybrids. I like the "pure" Aliens that we see in the first two movies. Anyway, I'm noticing tons of small details.

For example, I didn't get the "there are more ships" line on first viewing. I was thinking are they all underground? But on my rewatches, I noticed when the Prometheus comes in for landing you can see more of the Alien head structures in the background. Like three or four of them.

By "head structures" are you referring to the other dome shaped pyramids on the surface of the planet, or the actual large head sculptures inside the domes? If you didn't know, those heads are basically monuments to the individual Engineers that helped create the human race and gave humans knowledge.

There are even small moments in the film that explain the behavior of the two guys that are stuck in the structure that many people complain about. Also, I'm starting to get how the ooze works too. And how the Engineers are different from what we originally see in the opening.

Can you elaborate on what your thinking? There are specific answers to some things. Other things are still a mystery that have not been revealed yet.

Prometheus really is an old school sci-fi movie. It's easily the best of the sequel, prequel, reboots, that I can remember right now. Hot Toys better not stiff me on my Elizabeth Shaw figure.

I agree. to me Alien & Prometheus are 1A & 1B. They actually in a lot of ways work together. There are a lot of similarities between them. I like Aliens, but its way below Alien and Prometheus for me. Prometheus is really one of my favorite all-time sci-fi movies!!!

Yes, HTs Shaw, is a must!!!!:)

By "head structures" are you referring to the other dome shaped pyramids on the surface of the planet, or the actual large head sculptures inside the domes? If you didn't know, those heads are basically monuments to the individual Engineers that helped create the human race and gave humans knowledge.

The ones on the surface. They kind of look like the original Alien without a piece of the face covering on the suit. Something I only saw recently in a Profiles in History auction. Which ones are you talking about? I still haven't picked up the Art of Prometheus yet. I was waiting to get the 3D Blu-ray. I should get the book soon as some of those art of books go out of print fast.

Can you elaborate on what your thinking? There are specific answers to some things. Other things are still a mystery that have not been revealed yet.

First, I think only a handful of people don't know the true mission of Prometheus. That would be Shaw, Holloway, Fifield, Millburn, and Janek and his two pilots. There is a telling moment with Ford at the briefing when Holloway jokes about following a ghost. Ford smiles at the joke of it knowing Weyland is alive.

With Fifield and Millburn. Both come off as silly at first. But watching a bit more. You see Fifield is scared even before he goes deep in the pyramid. He lets Millburn go first after all the others. That panic is what causes them to get lost even with maps. One of them says that the caves all look the same. People today get lost with GPS. I don't think getting lost is a big deal. With Millburn, he doesn't believe in the Engineers as seen at the briefing. After coming across them he is scared as well. Kind of like how many people are/were scared of those giant statues from ancient civilizations. When Millburn comes across the space snake he wrongly believes that this is something he can handle as a biologist. That it's significantly less of a problem compared to giant humanoids.

With the ooze. It seems to be a destructive force at first to break down a person as seen with the Engineer in the opening. Since this scene is many thousands of years before the Prometheus' journey, the Engineers themselves are different. At least their ship looks different. I don't want to assume anything about the character's lack of a suit as he could just not be wearing it because he's sacrificing himself. Maybe they are a different group of Engineers. But we won't know that until the sequel. I think someone here posted that Ridley Scott said the original Space Jockey ship was a war transport or something like that. Maybe a good Engineer hijacked it, crashed or landed it on to LV-426, and sent the warning message. Maybe Shaw sets the warning message in the sequel. That's all assumption.

Anyway, once the Prometheus gets to LV-223. The ooze is more of a mutagen that will work to create the Alien or accelerate aggression. I was surprised that the worm that turned into the space snake didn't impregnate Millburn. But it does enter him so I guess that still shows the effects of the mutagen. Holloway's ingestion of the mutagen allows him to impregnate Shaw. Even though she can't have children the mutagen does its own thing to make the giant facehugger.

The Engineers at this point seem to either worship the Aliens or at least be really pleased with their creation. The Alien like creature is at the center of the mural Holloway notices. Everything about the Engineers is designed similarly to the Alien. That's why I think we don't need that final shot. Now, that new type of Alien will just roam around the planet and the sequel should focus on Shaw's journey and not spend too much time about how the Engineers might evolve the new Alien into the one we recognize from Alien/Aliens.

I agree. to me Alien & Prometheus are 1A & 1B. They actually in a lot of ways work together. There are a lot of similarities between them. I like Aliens, but its way below Alien and Prometheus for me. Prometheus is really one of my favorite all-time sci-fi movies!!!

Yes, HTs Shaw, is a must!!!!:)

I just feel that Prometheus got it right. It didn't play to retro feelings like a TRON Legacy and have little to no substance. When I looked deeper into TRON Legacy I found very little. Just a few good shots and cool moments/characters. I can't watch that movie as a whole unlike Prometheus. I'm still seeing tons of cool stuff and many details and small performances in Prometheus. Even with something small like the moment between Vickers and Weyland. How Weyland is almost furious at the notion that he should just give up life and all he created. It must be said that every shot in Prometheus is stunning.

There are a few small music cues from the original Alien and Aliens too. Prometheus is just a great movie. There is still the one small flaw with the guy that dies in the hangar attack showing up again with Weyland's crew. But I think it could have been perfect if they didn't decide to make a trilogy or two parts and just focus on the one story. I always liked the idea of the Aliens being completely destroyed at the end of Aliens.

Yah, Im talking about inside the domes, they go into a room and there are these large head sculptures. Those sculptures are homages to the great Engineers of the past, just like us humans do, like we create statues of our great leaders, presidents, important people. According to Ridley these sculptures are the Engineers who help create human life, they were homages to them.

The black ooze is different in the beginning vs. what they find on the planet. In the beginning its not about death. Its about life. We are shown how life was created on earth. The Engineer sacrificed himself to create life. he drinks the black goo, and the black goo breaks down his body and DNA and it gets into the water system on earth which then creates life. You see the very last scene cells forming that are the start of life on earth. So we come from the Engineers mixed with whatever biology that was in the water. Sort of what most scientists think today that humans evolution started from life from the ocean.

Now the black ooze on the planet they find in the canisters is not the same. This is a weapon they created. Instead of creating life, it destroys it. But the Engineers made a mistake and were not careful enough. We don't know what happened but somehow the weapon got out and infected the engineers and killed them all except for the one who they found still in his sleep chamber. This bio weapon morphs any biology and creates new species. It doesnt appear the Engineers knew this would happen, we aren't really sure. They just knew it would destroy life. But it got out of hand, and they couldnt control it.

The other big mystery is why they wanted to kills us, why they wanted to destroy earth. This has not been told other than some subtle hints at certain things. Shaw tried asking, but she didnt get her answer. But something happened around 2000 years ago or so where these Engineers were set out to destroy earth. A few fan theories have been thrown out there, but we really dont know until we get a sequel.

Now because of Prometheus movie, we now can look back at Alien and understand why the alien ship crashed. The ship was carrying the bio weapon that was headed to earth. It got out and killed the crew of the ship. Then humans found the ship on their patrol and we get the Ripley story.

There are a few small music cues from the original Alien and Aliens too. Prometheus is just a great movie. There is still the one small flaw with the guy that dies in the hangar attack showing up again with Weyland's crew. But I think it could have been perfect if they didn't decide to make a trilogy or two parts and just focus on the one story. I always liked the idea of the Aliens being completely destroyed at the end of Aliens.

The black ooze is different in the beginning vs. what they find on the planet.

I believe its the same stuff, but depending on the dosage, the effect takes longer...
- The engineer drank a whole lot of it, which means it broke down his body very quickly.
- Fifield got a face full of it, so it started transforming him quite quickly.
- Holloway only consumed a tiny amount of it, diluted in water, so the effect took a long time to change.

I think if Fifield and Holloway drank a whole glass full, then they would completely disintegrate like the engineer at the beginning.

Back