Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys you should read the original scripts by spaith and lindelof.
You ll find a lot of your questions answered.
Like why the black goo does everything, why some engineers have their chest bursted...
Most are not mysteries or planned stuff just good old fashioned production testing the water or changing stuff as they were shooting but props already buit.
Oh and read too Carlos huante´s notes from his daily meeting with Scott are fascinating, for exemple you Will learn what was the concept behind the original concept of the alien as it came to be (White skinned almost human monsters that became biomechanoids after being born out of engineers) or that engineers are refered by Scott as the angels and the deacon as the dark angel meaning hes as smart and creative as them...
As for the reason to wipe out humanity its very simple, we were not what they expected to be, in one script the old engineer is saying that basically their race is dying they needed a new generation, an evolution, when the engineer sacrifices the old one says " Come back to us", they followed our evolution and simply did not like what he had become.
They were going to wipe the slate clean to start anew.
There is also that Jesus was an engineer idea, hence why they were angry at us wich was not just a joke but an actual plot option that Scott and co ditched in fear to have religious group bashing the movie but its Still in the script.
Lindelof had another concept he might have took further, that the engineer did not wanted to destroy us but make us evolve again, toward the creature they admire the most aka the deacon/alien from the mural.
Answers are out there Forget about all those fan theories, thing is that Scott and co had so many ideas and concepts and ended up taking a bit there from this script another bit there from this other script that they are actually having trouble now to make something that Will work and be fresh for the sequel.

I hope they will ask Spaith to come back, his description of the engineer civilisation is perfect, he even tought about the way they see and made it a great plot device in its original script.

Last edited:
Guys you should read the original scripts by spaith and lindelof.
You ll find a lot of your questions answered.
Like why the black goo does everything, why some engineers have their chest bursted...
Most are not mysteries or planned stuff just good old fashioned production testing the water or changing stuff as they were shooting but props already buit.
Oh and read too Carlos huante´s notes from his daily meeting with Scott are fascinating, for exemple you Will learn what was the concept behind the original concept of the alien as it came to be (White skinned almost human monsters that became biomechanoids after being born out of engineers) or that engineers are refered by Scott as the angels and the deacon as the dark angel meaning hes as smart and creative as them...
As for the reason to wipe out humanity its very simple, we were not what they expected to be, in one script the old engineer is saying that basically their race is dying they needed a new generation, an evolution, when the engineer sacrifices the old one says " Come back to us", they followed our evolution and simply did not like what he had become.
They were going to wipe the slate clean to start anew.
There is also that Jesus was an engineer idea, hence why they were angry at us wich was not just a joke but an actual plot option that Scott and co ditched in fear to have religious group bashing the movie but its Still in the script.
Lindelof had another concept he might have took further, that the engineer did not wanted to destroy us but make us evolve again, toward the creature they admire the most aka the deacon/alien from the mural.
Answers are out there Forget about all those fan theories, thing is that Scott and co had so many ideas and concepts and ended up taking a bit there from this script another bit there from this other script that they are actually having trouble now to make something that Will work and be fresh for the sequel.

I hope they will ask Spaith to come back, his description of the engineer civilisation is perfect, he even tought about the way they see and made it a great plot device in its original script.

Yes I agree with you, i read the orig script, but there are some very different things in it that are not in Prometheus so I tend to just go by what actually made it into the film and what Lindelof & Scott have talked about in interviews because things are different than that script. The Jesus theory could make sense, I heard Scott talk about it in an interview. But i think a lot of things still need to be answered in a sequel rather than the unused script. They could very well put a lot of the things from the script into the sequel, but we will have to wait & see :)

You may be right about the black goo, it could be the same it just works differently in what it comes into contact with.

It doesnt appear the Engineers knew this would happen, we aren't really sure. They just knew it would destroy life. But it got out of hand, and they couldnt control it.

But they had to know that the ooze created the Aliens. That's why the ship looked like the Aliens and there was the big mural on the wall showing the Alien. Part of me is thinking that maybe some decided against using the Aliens on Earth. Maybe the Engineer that did sabotaged/exposed them to the ooze.

Another thing is the other ships and if there were more Engineers on them. I still haven't been able to count the number of sleep chambers on the crashed ship.

The other big mystery is why they wanted to kills us, why they wanted to destroy earth. This has not been told other than some subtle hints at certain things. Shaw tried asking, but she didnt get her answer. But something happened around 2000 years ago or so where these Engineers were set out to destroy earth. A few fan theories have been thrown out there, but we really dont know until we get a sequel.

I think David could be right. Sometimes to create you have to destroy. You see that with many things. Or the whole some children want to kill their parents line. Or even that there doesn't have to be a reason. They just didn't like what they were seeing and wanted to start over. It's not like civilizations/species haven't disappeared here before. Why in the violent way with the Aliens? Who knows. Once the Aliens get going they seem incredibly difficult to stop.

Now because of Prometheus movie, we now can look back at Alien and understand why the alien ship crashed. The ship was carrying the bio weapon that was headed to earth. It got out and killed the crew of the ship. Then humans found the ship on their patrol and we get the Ripley story.

But we still don't know who sent the warning message from the crashed/landed ship. Remember Ash is in on the SOS that was really a warning. So something probably happens with David alerting someone in Weyland with the mission information. Or whatever crew follows up on the Prometheus mission pieces together what happened.

I saw the movie again and I like it a lot. (a lot more than the first time)

I was doing my homework, reading about it, finding out about the original script, etc, etc.

I just wish they kept some of the deleted scenes and some of the scenes from the scripts. Some stuff still makes no sense and it is not because of a bad script but because Ridley Scott kept changing things.

People always even blame Damon Lindelof ( I used to blame him as well)

but reading more and more about this movie, it was not even Lindelof's fault that some stuff in the movie makes no sense. Even his script got stuff taken out by Scott.
Both scripts (Spaihts/Lindelof) make more sense than what we saw in the movie. At least little things made more sense.

I Hate when important scenes get deleted for pacing.

Last edited:
tumblr_m621hwEtCg1r2sxh6o1_400.gif

well, the reason it is overused is because it applies to so many situations here lol. :lol
When I find a gif that is better than this one I'll start posting it. But it will be hard to find one.

Stop replying with dumbass comments and I won't have to. :dunno

Stop posting dumbass comments in the first place then. :lol

I swear nothing makes me laugh more than coming into a thread to find someone (you) *****ing about someone else bumping the thread with a silly post. Whilst they (you) themselves are doing the same.

It's hilariously dumbass. :rotfl

I'd actually consider the dum**** who's bumping the Hot Toys Prometheus thread with no new info, only to insult other members for no apparent reason to be far, far more annoying.

When a movie viewer has to do all the research you just described using material that's not in the film, then there's a HUGE problem with how that movie was made. Period. :lol

Huh who said it was normal.
This is for the die hard fans who want to make sense of it.
See what could, should have been.
The average movie goer was pretty happy with what he got it seems.
I know i wasnt.

Back