Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh who said it was normal.
This is for the die hard fans who want to make sense of it.
See what could, should have been.
The average movie goer was pretty happy with what he got it seems.
I know i wasnt.

they still should not have deleted any scenes. That was a big mistake.

Definitly.
Scott made a lot of mistakes in production and in post production.
On one side i understand him, he had to deliver a movie that respected the boundaries the studio gave him, so he cut what he thought would not be missed to make the length.
Where i don't excuse him, is that he mostly dumbed down what was in the scripts, and that when he had the chance to release an extended cut, including important deleted scenes (or great alternate scenes like the angry love scene, Vickers vs Weyland or the original FULL cut of Fifield attack that is taking place when Weyland is leaving for the temple) he's saying that the movie is perfect like this and he will never revisit again... Come on even the most die hard fans want those scenes reinstated, they make the movie better!
So i hope this is all a plan to release a new cut down the road and milk the fans than Scott having his head ip his *** :)

Definitly.
Scott made a lot of mistakes in production and in post production.
On one side i understand him, he had to deliver a movie that respected the boundaries the studio gave him, so he cut what he thought would not be missed to make the length.
Where i don't excuse him, is that he mostly dumbed down what was in the scripts, and that when he had the chance to release an extended cut, including important deleted scenes (or great alternate scenes like the angry love scene, Vickers vs Weyland or the original FULL cut of Fifield attack that is taking place when Weyland is leaving for the temple) he's saying that the movie is perfect like this and he will never revisit again... Come on even the most die hard fans want those scenes reinstated, they make the movie better!
So i hope this is all a plan to release a new cut down the road and milk the fans than Scott having his head ip his *** :)

yeah, I think all the blame for the problems people have with the movie is because of Scott.

and about the re release, I really really hope so. I didn't buy Prometheus when it came out, but I Would buy it if it had all those scenes added into the movie.
But if he said the movie is perfect, then it seems unlikely. I hate when they rerelease a movie just to get more money, but this movie deserves it.

I need to get my hands on the WEYLAND INVESTORS FANCUT.
I dlike to add the Weyland speech (after the Engineers sacrifice), Isle of man discovery scene, then the quiet eye viral followed by the Prometheus in space.
I think this should work pretty good with all the other deleted scenes.

Well I see the annoying twat has yet to take my advice and STFU.

Stop posting dumbass comments in the first place then. :lol
You insulted me. I replied. Do you understand how that works, ****tard?

I swear nothing makes me laugh more than coming into a thread to find someone (you) *****ing about someone else bumping the thread with a silly post. Whilst they (you) themselves are doing the same.

It's hilariously dumbass. :rotfl
I'm not *****ing about anything. If I recall correctly, you randomly popped up in a thread that I haven't posted in in over a week just to insult me. That's a great example of *****ing.

So once again, STFU you annoying twat.

There's a few deleted scenes I'm glad were left out, but I agree for the most part.

Why they wouldn't include Meredith's full talk with Weyland, Janek's talk with Meredith and Milburn finding the slug/worm thing is beyond me. That could only have improved the film.

However, scenes like the alternate engineer vs Shaw duel and the extra engineers at the sacrifice in the beginning should have stayed out. As they did.

Shaw will show up - they'll have her at least.

They just need to get the Iron Man fetish out of their system first. :gah:

I don't blame Hot Toys.

It's understandable that people would rather have this,

644367_10151345053252344_1316680990_n.jpg

over this,

prometh2.jpg

or this,

prometheus-bts-engineer7.jpg

or this,

fassbender_prometheus_david.jpg

As far as action figure collectibles go, what's the appeal of blue and yellow space suit people and a weird muscular albino Dr. Manhattan?

I'd rather see blue and yellow MUTANTS. Screw David and Shaw, Magneto and Charles Xavier are much better selections for figures. Prometheus dolls should go the way of Green Lantern.

Last edited:
There's a few deleted scenes I'm glad were left out, but I agree for the most part.

Why they wouldn't include Meredith's full talk with Weyland, Janek's talk with Meredith and Milburn finding the slug/worm thing is beyond me. That could only have improved the film.

However, scenes like the alternate engineer vs Shaw duel and the extra engineers at the sacrifice in the beginning should have stayed out. As they did.

the "Finding the slug" scene is the one that baffles me the most. I think that was one of the most important scenes to really let you know why he did what he did later on.
After I saw it, it kind of made me feel like :slap

@difabio: couldnt disagree more. I cant fathom why anyone would want anything to do with ironman. Completely silly and uninteresting...aesthetically speaking. However, thats the beauty of art/design...such a subjective experience. Different strokes for different folks. I absolutely love the design work in prometheus.

@lar'ja Thwei: completely agree w you. Most all of the deleted/alternate scenes were deftly cut. However, the 3 scenes you mentioned really should have been in the film. Great scenes...would have definitely enriched the cinematic experience.

@difabio: couldnt disagree more. I cant fathom why anyone would want anything to do with ironman. Completely silly and uninteresting...aesthetically speaking. However, thats the beauty of art/design...such a subjective experience. Different strokes for different folks. I absolutely love the design work in prometheus.

A collectible figure of a colorful, comic book character with 45 years of history under it's belt. The figure depicts an armored superhero with a removable mask/helmet, moveable/interchangeable parts, lights, guns, lasers and collectible variation.

vs.

A collectible doll of a character from a 1 year old movie. The doll depicts a blue and yellow space chick with spandex and an axe if you guys are lucky. We won't even get the most interesting feature about the character, an operating table to perform a caesarean section.

Iron Man and "toy collectible action figure" practically go hand in hand. What's interesting about a Noomi Rapace collectible figure other than a light up helmet? She ain't toyetic.

Instead of pursuing Brometheus, they should put their efforts into their Alien licensing, bother the hell out of Sigourney Weaver and make a figure of Ripley from Alien and Aliens instead.

I'm watching Prometheus now (again). What are these deleted scenes you speak of?

I'd put a few Prometheus figures if they aren't outrageously priced on my "want" list. I'd be in for a giant engineer with the space jockey gear, David, Shaw and the alien snake/slug/octopus thing. :)

And I'd love to buy some "Alien" figures, too!

Last edited:
Difabio,
your choice of pictures to make your point are a tad dishonest.
Even if i'm not especially interested by Shaw/David/Vickersin space suit they do look cool design wise :

PromSuits.jpg

tumblr_m3xhtn3FBD1qzozj1.jpg

As for the Engineer, this is for me far more cooler than any IRONMAN...
prometheus_movie_engineer_deletedscenes.jpg

spacejockeysuit.jpg

Difabio,
your choice of pictures to make your point are a tad dishonest.
Even if i'm not especially interested by Shaw/David/Vickersin space suit they do look cool design wise :

PromSuits.jpg

tumblr_m3xhtn3FBD1qzozj1.jpg

As for the Engineer, this is for me far more cooler than any IRONMAN...
prometheus_movie_engineer_deletedscenes.jpg

spacejockeysuit.jpg

I agree, Iron Man was cool and the toys are nice, but now with Iron Man 3 this is just overkill. I am getting sick or Iron Man and not because I don't like him, but because this is just too much.

anyways. I think, I will even say that the human characters from Prometheus might not be as cool looking,
But the Engineer would look amazing done by Hot Toys, specially the details on the suit and everything.
that would be really really cool to see. I could understand if Hot Toys did not do any humans, but they should at least make one Engineer.

I'm an Avengers fan, as well as plain ol' Ironman fan,
BUT...
I too agree that Hot Toys is in overload mode with Ironman.

I wish they'd "move on" already!

Instead of pursuing Brometheus, they should put their efforts into their Alien licensing, bother the hell out of Sigourney Weaver and make a figure of Ripley from Alien and Aliens instead.
Ahhh Difabio.. :lol.. they can do both. :lecture

Prometheus has great designs - that's one.
Noomi - & her character, is excellent - that's two.
Everything's collectible.. that's three. :exactly:

I've been a fan of Iron Man since I was a kid - the movies aside, so there's no negativity from me there. I get the Iron Man focus - who doesn't, I'm just saying they should settle the **** down with it a little & not simply switch gears to becoming an Iron Man worship club. :lol

Last edited:
I think Hot Toys is being typical Hot Toys and killing this line by doing Shaw before Eingineer. Shaw won't sell because there is no Eingineer and the line will be dead ala Avatar, Watchmen etc.

David would be cool but the truth is I'd just be fine with shaw and engineer. Just like I only have ripley and chap, classic pred and Dutch and berserker and Royce.

Different strokes really... I've got no interest at all in an Engineer or Space Jockey toy, but Shaw in the orange-piping space suit, I'd be pre-ordering. That spacesuit's the one standout piece of visual design from the whole film IMO (bar the Giger-designed sets from Alien that they revisited, of course).

Still, at the moment none of us are happy, as there seems to be just continued radio silence from Hot Toys on this line. Given that the money is evidently in their Iron Man & Batman stuff (rightly or wrongly), I wonder if they'll bother getting any Prometheus figures to production after all.. fingers crossed tho :)

Back