Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it is, and you're the one who doesn't understand his art.

They are all the "Engineers" designed to be the beings who interacted with the creature. They are a mirror of the company representing the fates of the humans who encounter them.

The Jockey in Alien is a trucker whose cargo goes out of control foreshadowing the fate of our heroes. Nostromo crew = Space Truckers

Prometheus they are scientists, whose experiments get out of control and kill them. Prometheus crew = Scientests

The poltergeist pic is an unused piece of Giger's art. Ridley Scott used many unused HR Giger designs in Prometheus including his DUNE dome pyramid design among a myriad of other things.

Really?
Care to explain how you came to this conclusion?

Because you can clearly see that the creatures in the (unused) mural have elongated heads, whereas the others don't...
And anyway, these are concept designs, not used in the final film. So how are they proof of anything?
Yes, some of them were made for the film, but so where a lot of designs by Cobb and others, and that doesn't mean the three-legged green bug is in any way part of the Alien universe...
The final Giger Alien on the movie is pretty different from his own designs. But the one in the MOVIE is the alien, not his designs. You have to judge what's in the movie.

I have to say, this discussion is amusing. :D

Actually it is, and you're the one who doesn't understand his art.

They are all the "Engineers" designed to be the beings who interacted with the creature. They are a mirror of the company representing the fates of the humans who encounter them.

The Jockey in Alien is a trucker whose cargo goes out of control foreshadowing the fate of our heroes. Nostromo crew = Space Truckers

Prometheus they are scientists, whose experiments get out of control and kill them. Prometheus crew = Scientests

The poltergeist pic is an unused piece of Giger's art. Ridley Scott used many unused HR Giger designs in Prometheus including his DUNE dome pyramid design among a myriad of other things.

The Poltergeist pic is not an "unused" piece of art. It was featured in Poltergeist II, the tequila monster

As the previous poster said, you completely misunderstand Gigers art. He draws biomechanoids, everything is biomechanoid. Check out his other work like His New York paintings. Please stop Trolling this thread.

Perhaps the answer is for everyone just to ignore you, from this point onwards I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already shown you designs of it who are in the same accordance.

Your unwillingness to listen to the facts is hilarious, as well as you Pumpkin troll.

You bring zero evidence to your case despite a portfolio of designs showing the opposite.

Also the carvings are literally in Prometheus so that "not the same" argument is BS.
We see their life cycle = interacting with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm telling ya guys...put the trollboy on ignore...you'll thank me for it.

There will be less crazy nonsense in your day when we leave him to touch himself thinking about his weird Jockey/Engineer fantasies.

Awesome pics dude, but I think you don't really understand Giger's art...

The first pic is of one of the astronauts being impregnated. It's not a Space Jockey. Same goes for the second set of pics of face-hugging (the ones with the pliers). Those are humans. Giger just puts the lines on the arms because that's his art. Those are NOT Space Jockeys.
As for the mural from the pyramid sequence, it didn't make it to the final script, so it's a moot point what he was drawing then, since what made it to the final film was so different.

And why did you bring a pic of the Poltergeist designs into the Alien/Prometheus discussion?
That's correct. They're not engineers/jockeys. They're Giger's natural biomech interpretations of humans/astronauts. That's just his natural artistic style.

From what I've read, it seems that Giger's original Alien Life Cycle Hieroglyph painting was portraying just a random, anonymous Gigeresque astronaut being impregnated.

Then he changed the "anonymous astronaut" to specifically resemble the space jockey race by adding a more elongated head, etc.

If what I've read is true, then that would mean that the space jockey was in fact meant to be an actual creature, not a suit.

Giger's original Alien Life Cycle Hieroglyph painting with random, anonymous astronaut:

384.jpg

Giger's altered version of the same painting, featuring the space jockey race rather than simply an anonymous astronaut:

224_gr.jpg

Apparently the latter, altered Hieroglyph painting was to be featured inside the egg silo in Alien, but the idea for the egg silo had to be scrapped because of it's size, cost and how much time it would take up in the film.

That's correct. They're not engineers/jockeys. They're Giger's natural biomech interpretations of humans/astronauts. That's just his natural artistic style.

From what I've read, it seems that Giger's original Alien Life Cycle Hieroglyph painting was portraying just a random, anonymous Gigeresque astronaut being impregnated.

Then he changed the "anonymous astronaut" to specifically resemble the space jockey race by adding a more elongated head, etc.

If what I've read is true, then that would mean that the space jockey was in fact meant to be an actual creature, not a suit.

Giger's original Alien Life Cycle Hieroglyph painting with random, anonymous astronaut:

384.jpg

Giger's altered version of the same painting, featuring the space jockey race rather than simply an anonymous astronaut:

224_gr.jpg

Apparently the latter, altered Hieroglyph painting was to be featured inside the egg silo in Alien, but the idea for the egg silo had to be scrapped because of it's size, cost and how much time it would take up in the film.

Yeah, I post in here and everyone goes silent.

Thanks a lot ****ers. :(

:lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Sorry, just got back!

Yeah, it's pretty clear to see Giger's thinking in the two versions of the painting.
Either way, the "astronauts" are still bio-mechanoids, so it's no surprise that one of their race would become one with its ship.
Kinda like Dune's Navigators, who mutated horribly to be able to fold space-time and allow humankind to travel across the stars.

Great read folks! :hi5:

I love the films - & the art of course, but you always learn something new.
I didn't realise there were two versions of that art work.

I ask one question and then I come back to 15 pages of debate
sorry Carrotbun,but you can ad me to the list of people who dissagree with you
while you do see in his drawings a person in a suit
I don't think the design chosen for the movie whas that
you have to keep in mind that a lot of those were done before the original movie and were not suposed to have a back story
and even if you think of different designs for a movie at the end a choice must be made
it would seem that they decided that it would be a non humanoid creature
just my opinion

You should make your own, climb inside and hit the "destroy idiotic tissue" button.

Awesome pics dude, but I think you don't really understand Giger's art...

The first pic is of one of the astronauts being impregnated. It's not a Space Jockey. Same goes for the second set of pics of face-hugging (the ones with the pliers). Those are humans. Giger just puts the lines on the arms because that's his art. Those are NOT Space Jockeys.
As for the mural from the pyramid sequence, it didn't make it to the final script, so it's a moot point what he was drawing then, since what made it to the final film was so different.

And why did you bring a pic of the Poltergeist designs into the Alien/Prometheus discussion?

Exactly, this is the way giger drawed the humans.
Then when Scott decided to go with the humanoid he kept them as a starting point for PROMETHEUS.
I had a lenghty discussion with Carlos huante, the Guy is fantastic and very open when it comes to explain how PROMETHEUS evolved while hé was working with Scott.
The first design concepts of the engineers by Scott were men in arabic clothes called djellabas and hugs boots.
He wanted to go far from the giger designs for the engineer civilization.

Please some mod do something about that troll.
Even if the points hé makes are sometimes interresting, the aggressivity is really annoying and has no place here.

space jockey is a live creature with no legs. no suits, no quadriples.

1. he has eyes and mouth with teeth, tongue. that's a head and not a helmet.

c4cf1bdfdd94.jpg

2. giger's concept jockey had a helmet on his live head.

966af0cc3369.jpg

3. rib bones were rib bones.

jockey_hole.jpg

script (aka "what author said"):
[They climb up, and stand on a huge circle of about fifteen metres radius,
with in the middle some kind of creature. It has a huge device in front of
it's head sticking upward. The chair it sits in seems to be part of the
creature.
It's dead.]
Kane : Amazing...
Dallas : Alien lifeform. Looks like it's been dead a long time. Fossilised...
Looks like it's grown out of the chair...
[they climb up to the creature and watch it's "face"]
Dallas : Bones are bend outward... Like it exploded from the inside...
Lambert : I wonder what happened to the rest of the crew...
Let's get the hell out of here!

[Kane didn't go and see the creature. He walks around the chair and finds a
square hole of about four feet in the circle of metal.]

4. jockey has some crap instead of legs.

KG_TMS_SPACEJOCKEY-003.jpg

post-3350-1249218785.jpg

5. creature in prometheus is not space jockey. it's a pet shop boys guy.

05d477a7768e.gif

44f6f0a77f42.jpg

not my research (90% of it).

6. bonus (to be not too serious)

Ash monitoring something inside Kane:

ash_monitor.gif

monitor01seem03.jpg

space jockey is a live creature with no legs. no suits, no quadriples.

1. he has eyes and mouth with teeth, tongue. that's a head and not a helmet.

c4cf1bdfdd94.jpg

2. giger's concept jockey had a helmet on his live head.

966af0cc3369.jpg

3. rib bones were rib bones.

jockey_hole.jpg

script (aka "what author said"):

4. jockey has some crap instead of legs.

KG_TMS_SPACEJOCKEY-003.jpg

post-3350-1249218785.jpg

5. creature in prometheus is not space jockey. it's a pet shop boys guy.

05d477a7768e.gif

44f6f0a77f42.jpg

not my research (90% of it).

6. bonus (to be not too serious)

Ash monitoring something inside Kane:

ash_monitor.gif

monitor01seem03.jpg

I will love to see carrotburn fight you on this one :lol

i actually see now that abake has already said almost all of it.
well, so let it just be screenshots to his post.

On the face of it, one would have to conclude these are two very different creatures.
But Prometheus does want us to believe they're one and the same.
prometheus "engineer" is a cosplay of the space jockey.
:D

Back