Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's called retconning people. Comic books have been doing it since the '40s.

We know what retconning is...the point is that Carrotburn is stating as fact that Giger meant for the Jockey to be a suit worn by another being.

There is no proof of that...and in fact...there is alot of proof stating just the opposite.

Of course, with the release of PROMETHEUS, people will want to retcon what the Jockey is (a suit)...but it is not a FACT that this was the case when ALIEN was released, nor is it a fact that Giger designed it as such.

Ergo...Carrotburn is WRONG up until the point PROMETHEUS is released.

Perhaps the engineers in Prometheus are children? and that is why they are so small compared to the Space Jockey?

And the Space Jockey in Alien is a full grown engineer?

These were his conceptual designs for Alien I posted showing the life cycle of the creature and on beings who interacted with it.

NOT from the book. If it says ALIEN and gives a date, those were paintings he was commissioned to do for the film after Ridley Scott liked his work in the Necronomicon. You are wrong.

:goodpost:

I'll have to say that I didn't know there was 2 versions of Hieroglyphics... I'm embarrassed now lol.

We know what retconning is...the point is that Carrotburn is stating as fact that Giger meant for the Jockey to be a suit worn by another being.

There is no proof of that...and in fact...there is alot of proof stating just the opposite.

Of course, with the release of PROMETHEUS, people will want to retcon what the Jockey is (a suit)...but it is not a FACT that this was the case when ALIEN was released, nor is it a fact that Giger designed it as such.

Ergo...Carrotburn is WRONG up until the point PROMETHEUS is released.

Thank you Internet Police

It's called retconning people. Comic books have been doing it since the '40s.

Not sure what you are talking about... jk :rotfl

They have some work to do!

images

Prometheus made $400+ million on a $130 million Budget

Exactly. Oh wait.. no it didn't. :cuckoo:

Why do people continually make this mistake!? You do understand that movie studios never reap in 100% of the box office returns, right?

Not to mention movie budgets never reflect marketing/promotion costs either so that $130 million doesn't represent how much money Fox actually put into Prometheus i.e. the viral campaign (which included all kinds of videos, web content) all the commercials, ads, etc.

the DVD/BlueRay sales were pretty good selling about 1 million copies in 2 months time.

Great. But Fox didn't fund Prometheus to do well on DVD/Blu-Ray. That's a bonus. So far it did well overseas and with home media. But failed in the one place that mattered most: Here in America. If not for Scott, it would've been shelved indefinitely. Sometimes it pays to have a name.

@devil666: actually, per comments made by both fassbender and Lindelof, the film's stated budget does, in fact, cover facets of the viral campaign (particularly concerning the 4 viral videos used to promote the film). Obviously, as with any film, prometheus had a marketing budget figure that was apart from the stated budget of the film (no one here knows what that figure was). Either way, Scott's name means nothing to Fox if the "Prometheus" property is deemed a fiscal failure. Clearly that is not the case, seeing as how the sequel is currently in pre-production. To think that Fox would fund a project that is taking on water, just because Scott is attached to it, is ludicrous.

Why is EVERY Prometheus thread full of the same BS over & over & over again?...

Because unfortunately this thread is void of any recent HT updates. Thus the conversation revolves around one persons mistaken understanding of Giger concept artwork. It was actually quite fun while it lasted. No one here seemed to agree with him but it was funny how he kept several people (myself included) coming back to this forum just to see what weird thing he said next. It was like the guilty pleasure of watching an episode of the Jerry Springer show. Sad it came to an end in the current absence of HT Prometheus figures.

Back