Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Don Bies, a Visual Effects guy from ILM.

Yeah, definitely not one of the "real" Boba Fett actors from the OT like Bulloch, Morton, Beer or Randall.

Those guys weren't dweebs like the dude in the ROTJ:SE.

boba.png

normal_glenn-randall-at-buttercup.jpg

You never noticed her costume malfunction as the grate opens beneath her feet? :wink1:
It takes me back to my teenage years when i tried over and over to pause my vcr for that magic second, it took longer to perfectly time the pause than the workout that followed. :)

As far as the slave leia objectification of women is concerned, I can only reply like nigel tufnel when confronted with spinal taps 'smell the glove' album cover being called sexist: "whats wrong with being sexy?" :)

So unexpected and at the same time afraid HT will never put her up for PO now i've seen the proto.

So unexpected and at the same time afraid HT will never put her up for PO now i've seen the proto.

It's happened so often, even just with SW items, that it's a constant risk whenever HT announces anything now - "it may never see PO."

What a weird thing for them to do frequently. You can understand issues coming up every so often, but the list of announced figs that never got a PO is piling up rather disturbingly - just off the top of my head there's ROTJ stormie, alternate sandie, TFA 3PO, Gonk droid, Baze, Snowtrooper Commander, Death Star Trooper - plus the vehicles-related stuff like Falcon cockpit and the TIE fighter (which yes, were slightly unclear whether they were intended for sale, but truly appeared to be.)

Honestly, that's way too many to be in this category. SSC would say they were working on something, even show a cryptic teaser image, but I can't recall many SSC SW figs that were shown/announced but never went to PO.

It's a trend HT needs to stop - if there's a chance you're going to pull the plug, don't show it.

It's happened so often, even just with SW items, that it's a constant risk whenever HT announces anything now - "it may never see PO."

What a weird thing for them to do frequently. You can understand issues coming up every so often, but the list of announced figs that never got a PO is piling up rather disturbingly - just off the top of my head there's ROTJ stormie, alternate sandie, TFA 3PO, Gonk droid, Baze, Snowtrooper Commander, Death Star Trooper - plus the vehicles-related stuff like Falcon cockpit and the TIE fighter (which yes, were slightly unclear whether they were intended for sale, but truly appeared to be.)

Honestly, that's way too many to be in this category. SSC would say they were working on something, even show a cryptic teaser image, but I can't recall many SSC SW figs that were shown/announced but never went to PO.

It's a trend HT needs to stop - if there's a chance you're going to pull the plug, don't show it.

Man i couldn't have said it better, you took the words right out of my mouth! Being someone who only collects OT era HT's this has gotten really annoying and takes a lot of the fun out of the hobby for me. It has gotten to where you can't really get excited about anything because it could very well just be a tease. It makes me wonder what other companies in other lines of business show off merchandise to the public and never follow through with it on a regular basis like HT's does? Very frustrating.

Man i couldn't have said it better, you took the words right out of my mouth! Being someone who only collects OT era HT's this has gotten really annoying and takes a lot of the fun out of the hobby for me. It has gotten to where you can't really get excited about anything because it could very well just be a tease. It makes me wonder what other companies in other lines of business show off merchandise to the public and never follow through with it on a regular basis like HT's does? Very frustrating.

Yeah totally agree. If HT wasn't the only show in town for the highest quality headsculpts and figures, I think people would go elsewhere with this type of attitude.

Someone needs to bring it to the attention of Howard.

Why don't they consult fans about what releases we'd more likely buy? Buying their figures is a niche market. So it shouldn't be that hard to determine whether a Death Star Trooper, or other minor back ground character would be worthwhile.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When I ordered Chirrut it was with the expectancy that I could order the already showcased Baze too. They where a partnership. Both excellent characters in the film but neither work on their own.

Fast forward over a year and my Chirrut still has a big empty space next to him (I have a lego version as a temporary placeholder).

If I had known Baze was canned I wouldn't have ordered. That is really frustrating.

At least with Jyn we had yet to see a Cassian so could order on that basis.

Death Star Trooper
Gonk
Leia Endor
Tank Trooper
Baze

I would have ordered all of the above.
I still will IF they would just release them!

I REALLY want this Bespin Leia.
This and Sideshows Lando Skiff are my most wanted reveals.

Why don't they consult fans about what releases we'd more likely buy? Buying their figures is a niche market. So it shouldn't be that hard to determine whether a Death Star Trooper, or other minor back ground character would be worthwhile.

Yep totally agree. I had actually originally written that if a figures popularity is uncertain in HT's mind they should do an online poll, putting it in a group of say 5 figures to gauge interest. It saves them the time, cost and effort to make a prototype. They get real "collector interest" data, and give the fans what they (in the majority) want. At the same time they sidestep this annoying practice of showing stuff that disappears never to be seen again.

Online polls are not hard to do these days either on FB or even on this site it's possible.

But in the end I guess Howard does what he wants, and it's like any company. A dictatorship, not a democracy. Which unfortunately just ends up annoying people in this case. Possibly also a bit to do with Chinese culture too. The local people/collectors would rarely say something negative, so he wouldn't get thois sort of feedback.

When I ordered Chirrut it was with the expectancy that I could order the already showcased Baze too. They where a partnership. Both excellent characters in the film but neither work on their own.

Fast forward over a year and my Chirrut still has a big empty space next to him (I have a lego version as a temporary placeholder).

If I had known Baze was canned I wouldn't have ordered. That is really frustrating.

At least with Jyn we had yet to see a Cassian so could order on that basis.

Death Star Trooper
Gonk
Leia Endor
Tank Trooper
Baze

I would have ordered all of the above.
I still will IF they would just release them!

I REALLY want this Bespin Leia.
This and Sideshows Lando Skiff are my most wanted reveals.

Spot on ! We've tried everything from sending emails to HT. Talking about it online here. Nothing seems to work. Just wish there was someone with a connection that could get a message through to someone high up enough.

So decency and respect is "pretentious"? I was just responding to other people who were not too keen on the idea of a Slave Leia figure. I certainly didn't start this conversation.

Nah it’s not pretentious. It’s considerate. If people don’t want to have a thread ‘derailed’ they can ignore your posts and move on.

This figure basically confirms that a Bespin escape exclusive will be made down the line too. Or can at least be customized much more easily.

I feel like it has to be the same sculpt as Hoth but the likeness looks a little bit stronger.

This figure basically confirms that a Bespin escape exclusive will be made down the line too. Or can at least be customized much more easily.

I feel like it has to be the same sculpt as Hoth but the likeness looks a little bit stronger.

I am probably wrong, but i think bespin escape leia is just the gown head with the hoth outfit minus the vest and boots.

Back