Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am probably wrong, but i think bespin escape leia is just the gown head with the hoth outfit minus the vest and boots.

It’s still easy money for Hot Toys, unless it’s more of a strategy to move the remaining Hoth units. Not sure how easy the boots would be to find from some other figure — or how many people would really want to go that customizing route. I think the hair is the same, the maybe a bit less pristine by the time she’s in the escape garb.

But there’s no way this Bespin head sculpt isn’t gonna cost an arm and a leg since the head has a very specific alternate use but the rest of the outfit is pretty useless without it. Possible I’d rather have this than the escape version as it visually pops so well. But I’ll wait until production. Wasn’t that bowled over by the Hoth version when I got it in hand.

Yeah totally agree. If HT wasn't the only show in town for the highest quality headsculpts and figures, I think people would go elsewhere with this type of attitude.

Someone needs to bring it to the attention of Howard.

I agree Hoody it would be nice to know if Howard himself has any idea what collectors think about all the no shows in terms of production. I'm guessing he probably doesn't care until it starts costing them sales though and with no other good alternatives they have a bit of a monopoly on SW figures unfortunately.

It’s still easy money for Hot Toys, unless it’s more of a strategy to move the remaining Hoth units. Not sure how easy the boots would be to find from some other figure — or how many people would really want to go that customizing route. I think the hair is the same, the maybe a bit less pristine by the time she’s in the escape garb.

But there’s no way this Bespin head sculpt isn’t gonna cost an arm and a leg since the head has a very specific alternate use but the rest of the outfit is pretty useless without it. Possible I’d rather have this than the escape version as it visually pops so well. But I’ll wait until production. Wasn’t that bowled over by the Hoth version when I got it in hand.

If i ever scratch enough coin to get jazz's freezing chamber i would try to mix and match the leias into the escape version. I love the bespin gown leia, but without han or lando it is a little limited with what i can display it with. Still an order for me.

I had hoped the base shown at SDCC was a placeholder...I was right. Link to Acghk2018 video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa_t9WsElvs

bespin leia base.jpg

yeah if they don't sell tis figure then I`m done. I`m tired of them showing stuff and never put into production. AKA Luke and Leia ENDOR gear

I have a bad feeling about this...figure.

She has so so little screen time. Baze, Death Star trooper, and Luke leia Endor had way more and no production. This may be trotted out at cons for years. I really hope I’m wrong. This is the only fig shown at sdcc I really want.

yeah if they don't sell tis figure then I`m done. I`m tired of them showing stuff and never put into production. AKA Luke and Leia ENDOR gear

I hear you, extremely frustrating. I still want the figure but looking at that video it looks like the base is just the regular base with those cheap base cover cards they’ve been giving recently. Those are really cheap for a $200+ figure in my opinion.

I have a bad feeling about this...figure.

She has so so little screen time. Baze, Death Star trooper, and Luke leia Endor had way more and no production. This may be trotted out at cons for years. I really hope I’m wrong. This is the only fig shown at sdcc I really want.

I'm sure this is one of those they displayed in order to guage the reaction and interest level first, before deciding whether to produce. Since it is a much less requested look for the character.

Thankfully the response has been really damn good, so I'm pretty confident they'll decide to release it now.

No offense to fans of Baze or the DS Trooper, but I never got the sense there was a huge amount of excitement for those figures. Other than from the completists who just wanted to have every RO character or every trooper.

It does look amazing and I want this in my collection but I’m not sure how I would fit her in my detolfs. It helps that she’s small and short. LOL Maybe tucked up front somewhere.

The question for me will be which Leia to display next to Bespin Han when he arrives? Hoth Leia or this one? Although I suppose I could put one on either side of him. :p

It’s Carrie Fisher. They really should make it...

This figure and white boots will mean we have everything from the first two films with just over three figures.

3C50234C-F5DA-4271-897B-55CC3ABFBC6E.jpg

Back