Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
87144466_10221334991953668_313792496784113664_n.jpg

Jedi version :lol

Where did you get the female posed hand? I've not been able to find one that is incredibly
undersculpted or equipped with phicen nail claws.

Here, my secret is revealed : Hobbit hands :lol

FSlim006.jpg

Arrived today! Overall, a lovely figure. Definitely tricky to pose, only because she was pretty subdued in the scenes with this dress. Can?t really go full-on sassy or action-packed, but don?t want demure either.
I do think Hoth Leia is still the best version, but I?m very happy with how this came out.
Bring on Endor Leia!
366ffd12837f290cc1223a91d1456a97.plist
3028cf5019b916b96eab5bb348ceb911.plist
5ce284e0c35ef201851cbfe56a745e98.plist
d8f33510e7b798d19e8b9ae4855e61a8.plist
82b942f4574e58c4e8ce736bf8689424.plist
4008677cbd321440534797fc757ed752.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw this one in person last Friday and she is definitely a beauty.

I only have ANH Leia but would like either this one or Hoth Leia to pair up with Empire Han (whenever he is released) but unsure which one to go with. I'm leaning towards Hoth but can't find her for a good price. May just have to go with Bespin.

I received a very nice package from Popcultcha and got to open it when I finally had some "figure time.":yess:

I immediately divided the figure, using an old custom head (that the HT head puts to shame:lol) for the Bespin gown outfit and transferred the head to my Bespin Escape custom.

I had actually planned to get a second HT head for my Bespin Escape Leia (they've been super expensive though - never less than $100 including shipping/tax,) but I'm not sure why but this iteration of HT's reused Leia sculpt didn't quite work as well this time as the Hoth version did for me. Not sure why exactly - it's the same face sculpt and quite similar paint (and same quality.)

Here she looks like a beautiful Italian woman from a Rome cafe (why does HT always give Han and Leia near-black hair?:gah:) with a bit of Leia mixed in from certain angles and under certain lighting. Maybe it's the larger more visible hairstyle on the Hoth version that improves the likeness, drawing your eye and framing the face with a hairstyle that screams ESB Leia. Whereas this version the mass of hair is hidden behind the head so trades more on the actual face sculpt.

I think I'll probably wait for another Leia sculpt to come along and just keep the weaker custom sculpt (which is a rework of the custom Leia slave head.) I plan to add the same "tassles" the HT Leia head has at the temples to the custom sculpt because it really helps sell the Bespin look.

All that being said, these two really look nice from a distance and I'll be posting more pics once I've assembled my Bespin line-up as a display.

OIqc3KX.jpg

9PctvCq.jpg

s04t4yJ.jpg

I know I'm going to have to order this one day to see for myself, but in every single photo I've seen it just does not look like her. Her eyes are too spread apart IMO, I was going to compare it to Sid from Ice Age but I realize that's obviously exaggerating, but I'm shocked someone would say this is the best Carrie Fisher likeness. I don't see it at all in any photo posted, here or anywhere.

I think if those were taken with iPhones, it unfortunately gives a fish-eye lens effect to most photos of figures, especially of close-ups.

I've seen this figure in person and the head sculpt looks very good. Actually, the whole figure is very nice.

Yes, my iPhone photos aren?t doing her justice, but I think she is the best likeness yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dress on this figure is a real pain...with the folds...still fighting with it a month after getting her...

Back