Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect Bespin Han was submitted to Diz for review by HT at the same time this was...but "Solo" derailed any Han figures for now. We saw part of that figure in the preview shots for Leia way back when) Until we see the two Han figures that they PO'd from Solo finally get produced, we may have a long wait until Diz grants any more Solo/Ford figures for production. Just a thought anyway.

Yeah, I am surprised there haven’t been any other Bespin figure reveals yet. This one seemed pretty out of left field even though I’m happy to be getting it. She barely wears this dress in ESB at all. Endor dress Leia I sort of doubt will happen, but I guess you never know.

Her Ewok village dress actually gets more screen time than the Bespin dress. But I think it’s the last on their list to make. I think Boush Leia will be next after the Endor version. I also think the medal ceremony dress is another strong possibility.

I know i can easily kit bash it myself now with this head and the hoth jump suit but I would really like a Bespin Escape Leia soon as well especially since its an easy re-hash for them. Im honestly a little surprised it wasnt a toy fair exclusive for them this year....maybe next?? I want as many Leia's as possible so bring em on!

Yes! Seeing the modded SS Boushh in other threads makes me want HT to do that as their next Leia. I would love a ceremonial Leia too (and Luke!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This version is only in 2 scenes in the film, perhaps they will do the ESB end scene Leia, I mean, she?s wearing her ANH costume, they basically have all of the elements, just need to do the hair up on that sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m happy with it so far. I’m excited to get my hands on her. I also would love to see Boushh and Medal Ceremony. I know the screen time for ceremony is so limited, but it’s still a classic Leia look and one of my favorites. Of course I’d also like a slave Leia but I’ll never hold my breath on that.

I'm hoping they'll do Lando since he's pretty key to the short time Leia wore this outfit.

The old Sideshow on a bigger body has been a stand in, but there's only so much height you could add to him before his trousers became too short.

I?m happy with it so far. I?m excited to get my hands on her. I also would love to see Boushh and Medal Ceremony. I know the screen time for ceremony is so limited, but it?s still a classic Leia look and one of my favorites. Of course I?d also like a slave Leia but I?ll never hold my breath on that.

I'm hoping for an extremely improbable DX HT Leia Jabba's palace two pack with Slave and Boushh. Could launch it with a separate Gamorrean Guard figure. Won't happen but would be awesome.

If I could choose one more Leia it would probably be Boussh by quite a bit. I love figures pf characters in disguise, plus the Boussh outfit is just cool looking and would be fun to display and add something unique to the shelf (I'd likely keep the helmet on most of the time). Jabba's prisoner/slave Leia I suppose I would buy if offered, but I don't necessarily have a huge desire for that look.

This outfit may get less screen time than the Ewok village outfit, but in this outfit Leia faces Vader hand in hand with Han - pretty iconic scene.

In the Ewok village outfit Leia basically has a cringey conversation with Luke that ends with the worst Han goofy-acting.

In the Bespin scene they had just fallen in love, in ROTJ they were like an old married couple. That's what makes this outfit special, plus both Han and Lando's reactions to it.

This outfit may get less screen time than the Ewok village outfit, but in this outfit Leia faces Vader hand in hand with Han - pretty iconic scene.

In the Ewok village outfit Leia basically has a cringey conversation with Luke that ends with the worst Han goofy-acting.

In the Bespin scene they had just fallen in love, in ROTJ they were like an old married couple. That's what makes this outfit special, plus both Han and Lando's reactions to it.

Very solid arguments for this costume. I was just going through the mental gymnastics of trying to rank my favorite costumes for Leia but I can't seem to settle on an order I am happy with.

This sculpt just doesn't look like Fisher, lost a lot from proto to production unless every single photo is suffering from lens distortion. The Hoth production looks way better than this. I know this figure is cheap but I wouldn't pay more than $150 for it. Has literally zero accessories and (so far from what I've seen) a poor sculpt, so not worth it IMO.

This sculpt just doesn't look like Fisher, lost a lot from proto to production unless every single photo is suffering from lens distortion. The Hoth production looks way better than this. I know this figure is cheap but I wouldn't pay more than $150 for it. Has literally zero accessories and (so far from what I've seen) a poor sculpt, so not worth it IMO.

Not sure I'd say its a poor sculpt, though the two things sculptors always seem to miss is that CF had slightly oversized eyes for the size of her face and her nose was more prominent (and less "feminine ideal") than I think most sculptors would be comfortable delivering.

She was not a traditional movie star beauty - one of her appeals - yet we often seem to get a sort of airbrushed CF in many sculpts, and we know HT always tends to idealize portraits anyway.

One other thing that throws likeness is the way HT constantly tries to make CF's hair nearly black when it's actually a medium brown. Same with Han.

Nah, it had a Kenner figure and it's one of the three main heroes -- that instantly upped its chances. But it is still a bit of a surprise. I think the fact that it came before the Endor version and that there's still no Bespin Han or Lando I?m sight is what makes it all the more odd.

Ewok village Leia is completely unneeded.

As much as I love and collect everything Leia, and am so happy they are finally doing these (Bespin especially, as she never has had a 12" release in any form whatsoever in the history of Star Wars - I believe there was a prototype for the 1980 line that never got made, but that was it), I too could do without Endor Leia. I just never cared for the look - especially the hair.

A couple pics from FB. With all the talk of the sculpt and paint job, I forgot about the swollen ankles this also suffers from. Lol

I do really like the backdrop though.

FB_IMG_1575319943697~01.jpg

FB_IMG_1575319993614.jpg

And the sculpt does look quite nice here, even if halfway hidden in shadow.

FB_IMG_1575321678035.jpg
pic by Drew Gardner

Just as an FYI for those watching Sideshow for these shipping, got an email that my final 12/10 payment was delayed to 1/10 this weekend. I'm waiting for others to get a shipping notice then I'm just going to swap over and have them bill the final payment as soon as they are ready to ship. I love how easy they make this now.

I don?t do stands, dioramas, backdrops etc. but if I did, I might really like that backdrop for Boba Fett...

As for favourite Leia, tough call. ANH (not medal ceremony), Hoth, Bespin Escape and Boushh are all great for different reasons.

Boushh disguise is easily the coolest though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly didn't realize it came with an actual backdrop and not cardboard. That looks nice and adds to the package. The head looks way better there, it's amazing their final product photos can make something look so bad though.

Looks better by a long shot in the in-hand pictures. Glad those first pictures just apparently weren’t very good.

Back