Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....and five years from now, when HT finally releases a Bespin Han, everyone will be scrambling for this figure and it'll be sold through everywhere and ebaying for $600

hehe

Mine shipped from AE this morning.

And yeah it's a bit frustrating not having any other figures to pose this with. Although I guess she can at least keep Hoth Leia company. Lol

You didn't bash a Bespin Han? Seems like almost everyone did with nearly the same parts:lol

Mine shipped from AE this morning.

And yeah it's a bit frustrating not having any other figures to pose this with. Although I guess she can at least keep Hoth Leia company. Lol

I'm putting mine with clean Bespin Luke, ANH Han and Chewie. And Hoth Leia with battle damaged Bespin Luke.

One of these years they'll be with more movie/scene specific versions.. lol

You don't sound too impressed. Please share your thoughts. Pics so far look good even though she is pretty bare of accessories. Was it the cost more than the actual figure?

I was intent on getting her as well but holding out for a sale.
It's a fine figure. There's nothing wrong with it. I knew it was bare bones before I pre-ordered. I wanted a Leia for my collection and this is what I arrived at. Maybe the headsculpt isn't as good as I think it should be based on the prototype but I guess it usually never is. So, I guess I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It's a fine figure. There's nothing wrong with it. I knew it was bare bones before I pre-ordered. I wanted a Leia for my collection and this is what I arrived at. Maybe the headsculpt isn't as good as I think it should be based on the prototype but I guess it usually never is. So, I guess I'm happy with it.

I really like the head sculpt in hand much more so than the online photos.

Received mine today and I fully understand where you're coming from.
Fine enough figure. For me the likeness snaps into focus when I view it from a couple feet away. Up close it doesn't seem all that strong and the wide-eyed, hypnotized expression grates more.

I was greatly looking forward to this one. It was one of the few figures from that film I was motivated to buy as a tiny Kenner figure back in the day. As with that one then, the costume is basically the whole show here. I too understood that going in, but I would have liked to have seen - in addition to a little more life in the facial expression- some better realized "relaxed" hands. Didn't need a gun hand and the two that come on the figure are too stiff and unnatural.

Since this was a figure that was always going to be limited to a narrow range of basic museum poses, getting a more natural look for the hand attitudes, or some better gesturing hands, would have made a big difference.

Has anyone ever tried heating and bending fingers on hands into completely new positions?

Yeah this appears to be another one of those figures like TLJ Leia, where there's not much she can really do except stand there and turn her head one way or the other.

Wasn?t going to get this and then decided to. I figured there?s not going to be a lot of different Carrie fisher figures.

I?m hand, it is a beautiful figure. My only gripe is that she is lonely. I have bespin luke with yoda so she needs han and lando.

I'm disappointed that there is no bespin han or lando to at least be announced by this point. I have this on preorder but dont really need it. I guess i could put it next to chewbacca or something.

I doubt this figure will ever go for high dollar because it is so scene specific.

Just received mine today. Figure looks really good, and I was happy to see the skin tone is much less tan than it appears in photos. And I don't get the complaints about the backdrop. Yes it's lightweight but it's a smooth plastic on every side except the back, so it doesn't appear cheap on display at all.

Just received mine today. Figure looks really good, and I was happy to see the skin tone is much less tan than it appears in photos. And I don't get the complaints about the backdrop. Yes it's lightweight but it's a smooth plastic on every side except the back, so it doesn't appear cheap on display at all.

It no doubt looks great on display, but it's literally the figures only accessory and when you pick it up you realize part of it was made from recycled styrofoam spring break coolers from the 80s. A solid plastic piece with a strong magnet would have made the figure seem like a higher quality release and a better value.

Or release it with multiple connectable backdrops for use with other current/future ESB figures. As much as I love Carrie Fisher, I just can't drop the moola on such an expensive barebones release.
Which sucks because it looks like it came out fantastic.

Had mine for a couple days but I haven't been dying to open it yet. Hope the head sculpt doesn't disappoint.

Kinda wouldn't mind keeping it in the box until Bespin Han shows up in 2022

Had mine for a couple days but I haven't been dying to open it yet. Hope the head sculpt doesn't disappoint.

Kinda wouldn't mind keeping it in the box until Bespin Han shows up in 2022

:horror Say what?:lol

:horror Say what?:lol

I just have no other appropriate Empire figures to display her with -- Snowtrooper, Boba, Carbonite Han? I think that's it for me, other than universal figs like Chewie, R2, 3PO (wasn't around much).

There should be a "dead pool" type of thing for not-yet preorder figures like Bespin Han -- whoever guesses the right month that the HK blogger pics show up on Facebook wins a free figure.

Have to admit I'm slightly bummed at the dull burgundy color the outfit is in hand. It may be more accurate to the movie, but I had really come to like the more vibrant red of the proto shots.

Back