Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can sort of get them reusing the same sculpt for essentially outfit changes within the same movie, but using them to represent other movies isn't on. Three years passed between each and they all looked different. And as Tali mentioned, some weren't the best likenesses to start with. I think Leia is the only ANH likeness I'm really happy with. The rest could have used more tweaking. If they do a Red 5 Luke they better not reuse the ANH sculpt (or the RotJ one).

Really hoping for a Red 5 with a new farmboy sculpt. Would be pretty lazy/cheap after all this time to just plop that original one on there.

Really hoping for a Red 5 with a new farmboy sculpt. Would be pretty lazy/cheap after all this time to just plop that original one on there.

That would be a travesty. The farm boy proto was actually pretty good but it changed a lot and not for the better in production.

It's examples like this that prove that the HT Baby Yoda isn't guaranteed to be better than the Sideshow version shown.

That would be a travesty. The farm boy proto was actually pretty good but it changed a lot and not for the better in production.

It's examples like this that prove that the HT Baby Yoda isn't guaranteed to be better than the Sideshow version shown.

Well, no, but that's why HT can drive u mad. My hope tho is for whatever reason, "creatures" seem to be easier, across the board, than plain 'ol human head sculpts. Or weirdly the HT proto will be great, but their production fails to deliver.

Finally got around to opening Leia up. It's a nice barebones figure but the sculpt has that glazed over look that the Hoth version also had, and there's something soft about the paint app compared to the ANH Leia, I also felt like I couldn't get any sharp photos of the sculpt which was odd.

leia-01.jpg
leia-02.jpg
leia-03.jpg
leia-04.jpg

I don't have any major complaints about any of the Leia sculpts, I think they all are pretty good with ANH being the best. The worst thing about any HT Leia by far is the damn white dress, for a HT costume it's one of the worst executed of theirs I can recall.

I don't have any major complaints about any of the Leia sculpts, I think they all are pretty good with ANH being the best. The worst thing about any HT Leia by far is the damn white dress, for a HT costume it's one of the worst executed of theirs I can recall.

Agreed. I ended up replacing it with one of Coco's project dresses. Made a huge difference.

Agreed. I ended up replacing it with one of Coco's project dresses. Made a huge difference.

Definitely, I want one of those but I was too slow and I am way down the waitlist. It doesn't seem to have moved in a long time either so I think it may be dead.

Definitely, I want one of those but I was too slow and I am way down the waitlist. It doesn't seem to have moved in a long time either so I think it may be dead.

Yeah, I got financially swamped when I bought the SSC Jabba and a couple of other pieces so asked to be bumped down the list a few places to delay the payment for a couple of months - big mistake:gah::lol

The project seems to have faded away. Hopefully it will come back and I can get a dress.

All this talk got me to finally pull out my Leia and Coco's dress, which I got last summer IIRC, but never even examined.

Switching it out was easier than I expected, though I still need to get some velcro to secure the belt. Trying to avoid using superglue just in case.

An expensive tweak coming on top of the collector price I had to pay for the figure itself- but absolutely worth it! I had my doubts going in, but nope. Major improvement to the overall look of the figure.
It's kind of jaw dropping just how awful the stock one is in comparison.

I hope Cindy can be cajoled back into making them for anyone that missed it the first time around.

Finally got around to opening Leia up. It's a nice barebones figure but the sculpt has that glazed over look that the Hoth version also had, and there's something soft about the paint app compared to the ANH Leia, I also felt like I couldn't get any sharp photos of the sculpt which was odd.

View attachment 477709
View attachment 477710
View attachment 477711
View attachment 477712

These shots look great! She just arrived at BBTS. Leaving her in the pile of loot for now. Hoping Artoo shows up there soon!

These shots look great! She just arrived at BBTS. Leaving her in the pile of loot for now. Hoping Artoo shows up there soon!

Thanks, JB! Good call. R2 might be coming soon, as some other outlets are getting it finally. Strange how long these waves have been taking.

Was going to add in my previous post that my only nit with Coco's custom gown was that he forgot to include the velcro and the wire, which he asked if I wanted and I told him I'd be fine putting it in myself.
But when the envelope showed up, there was no velcro or wire in the baggie with the gown.

Then last night I was finally getting around to organizing and weeding out all the mailers I save (to reuse), trying to pare it down to a more realistic amount.
I ran across a small sized one that would have been good for mailing out CDs, and fished inside to see if I left a receipt from whatever it was that I bought.

You guessed it. There was the extra small baggie containing just the velcro and wire. Makes sense now that I think about, having it packaged separate as to not mess up the fabric.

Well, I couldn't wait.

She's here. Quick shot out of the box....

HT BESPIN LEIA 001.jpg

Will hold off on more photos until I have a chance to futz. The dress material is light but extremely wrinkled. Have to find a way to smooth it out some. Suggestions are welcome. The padded collar has some fraying and threads to clear away an the wired edge on the robe will need some work to get it to drape well.

She looks lovely, and the ingredients are there but she will require some TLC futzing to get her there.

Now, about that Han tease on the tray cover card....well, HT? Where is he?

Very simple figure but I like her. I don’t have everything on display currently so Hoth Leia went back to the box to make room for this one for a while.

Back