Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Han Luke and Leia are probably some of the more expressive movie characters so it is kind of a bummer that there aren't at least a few attempts at expressions. Many movie characters are pretty stoic expression-wise, or their "iconic pose" is stoic, so the expressionless sculpt can work, and it is nice to have the SW heroes that way, but not every single time.

We seem to be marching through release after release of SW heroes that are all side by side on the shelf staring off with a dead stare. It's the problem I have with yet another reissue of this same Leia sculpt - now three taxidermy Leias.

I guess HT also has trouble with stronger expression sculpts, or at least in the way they do them. The key issue with the dentist/cheesy grin Luke is that they just reused the more passive top portion of the V.1 sculpt and coupled it with this extreme snarl and the combo looks odd to me. They should have just done an all-new sculpt.

Yeah, they did that with the smiley Han too, it kinda works but also kinda looks creepy a bit too often. :dunno The best expressions are the more subtle ones and built from scratch, like you said, like the smirk on v2 Star-Lord. But they started from scratch on the crazy maul sculpt and that didn't work that well either. Too crazy well the standard is a bit too subdued.

So..I just watched another video review of Wicket on MRCcollectionventures and his version has lot more shading then the sample in Justin's video and especially the very first blog shots we saw. Is it possible the first wave was absent the color and HT is correcting it in later waves?

View attachment 487246

View attachment 487247

The Chewbaccas were a bit variable too, so it may just be a factory thing...

I think maybe it's just lighting - the Dad who reviews with his kids has pretty dark lighting whereas the Justin reviews are in a bright light box.

As these dudes said, I'm guessing it's the lighting in Justin's versus that dark shot, the random luck of what figure you get or both.

I am really torn on whether to get the 2-pack or just Wicket. I already have Princess Leia and Hoth Leia... I do think Wicket would look better on display if he was interacting with Leia. I have other financial responsibilities and preorders too though. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Wicket. HT will never make him again. Likely never another Ewok for that matter. He'll be highly sought after. And for most he's just too cute to ignore.

Have him battle your Baby Yoda on the shelf.

Hell, I think I just talked myself into purchasing one.

Get Wicket. HT will never make him again. Likely never another Ewok for that matter. He'll be highly sought after. And for most he's just too cute to ignore.

Have him battle your Baby Yoda on the shelf.

Hell, I think I just talked myself into purchasing one.

So it begins. :panic:

Right now it does seem best to buy on release almost every HT SW figure you are even remotely interested in.

So..I just watched another video review of Wicket on MRCcollectionventures and his version has lot more shading then the sample in Justin's video and especially the very first blog shots we saw. Is it possible the first wave was absent the color and HT is correcting it in later waves?

View attachment 487246

View attachment 487247

That'll be the Version 2 from second batch, right Wor Gar ?

Screw it, I'll get over the exposed joints or do a body swap for the first time ever. Too much of a good package to pass up.

Screw it, I'll get over the exposed joints or do a body swap for the first time ever. Too much of a good package to pass up.

Agreed. I ended up with two sets to display General Leia and Poncho Helmeted Leia. I think the General display is the only one where the elbow joint might bug me. We'll see though... Still deciding what to do with my second Wicket.

Ok. I know it's laughably bad, but I couldn't talk myself into spending another 200+ for the Ewok. It's not that he isn't awesome, but that price...I am just sticking with Endor Leia. This cheapo one will have to do.

0611201020.jpg

Ok. I know it's laughably bad, but I couldn't talk myself into spending another 200+ for the Ewok. It's not that he isn't awesome, but that price...I am just sticking with Endor Leia. This cheapo one will have to do.

View attachment 487279

I have tried this approach, it's never worked out for me. At least not with anything OT related. I just end up buying it later.

If she only came with her Endor poncho look then I think it might be easier to pass on this Leia. But having these two great looks in one just makes it a must have OT figure now. And so far it's looking like the best-executed Leia yet.

If she only came with her Endor poncho look then I think it might be easier to pass on this Leia. But having these two great looks in one just makes it a must have OT figure now. And so far it's looking like the best-executed Leia yet.

For sure. If they released Leia by herself, I think I'd display her in her General attire. With the Wicket option, displaying both seems like a must for me.

Yes, the single packed Wicket will have the properly weathered headdress.

lol

Oddly enough even though I was quick to label the Jawa/Gonk as price gouging I had no problem dropping 2 georges on a little Ewok.

Weird how that works lol

View attachment 487279

I've got the Medicom one as a place holder right now. I'll probably sell it off for a song once the Hot Toys gets here.

lol

Oddly enough even though I was quick to label the Jawa/Gonk as price gouging I had no problem dropping 2 georges on a little Ewok.

Weird how that works lol

Yep. Furry things seem worth the price.

Single Wicket should have come with those helmets though.

Lol, I realize im def worthy of the mocking and scorn! The Ewok is a great figure, no doubt. With the way the job market and economy is, I had to make some concessions to my hobby spending. I could justify the Endor Leia (almost cancelled but couldn't) but just couldn't get there on Wicket. I don't do much as far as diorama setups and displays, so the Endor Twins will have to be ok with me. I hope all of you who get the Ewok figure do love it!

Back