Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the response! As we all know, Hot Toys is famous for revisiting. Looks like they are jumping on the Reboot bandwagon that Hollywood is on.

One of the problems with collecting the hot toys figures is that they just get better and better. this could be an issue with the new 1/4 scale line as they haven't yet produced figures in this scale, the first ones they make may not be as good as those further into the line while they work out any kinks particularly with articulation, scultping and the new die cast accessories.

People assume they will revisit a 1:6 P1. I however think assuming they will make one is a very dangerous thing to do. Classic is a brilliant toy and a great place holder for somebody who does not have a P1 but would like one. And also Dutch at the moment is the only thing to be mentioned from the "Predator" movie.

Dutch is planned for 1/4 too. Classic is the closest thing you will get from Hot Toys in 1/6 scale for awhile.

One of the problems with collecting the hot toys figures is that they just get better and better. this could be an issue with the new 1/4 scale line as they haven't yet produced figures in this scale, the first ones they make may not be as good as those further into the line while they work out any kinks particularly with articulation, scultping and the new die cast accessories.

This is my concern with the first 1/4 releases too.

True. Makes you wonder if you should skip the first few figures at that scale - they'll be remade anyway! :slap

I think it's safe to say that if you don't want to get hurt, don't buy any HT figures priced above their pre-order price. Most likely they will be relaunched or remade with improvements in the future anyway. You won't be missing anything.

I had a thought. Only one of the predators from predators took off his bio. And since we only actually saw one face, HT only made berserker with the removeable bio. The same thing was true in AVP but we got all 3 (with the same head) for some reason. So does that mean that the newer AVP re-releases will only have scar with the removeable bio. I really hope not but I'm worried this might be a possibility.

I had a thought. Only one of the predators from predators took off his bio. And since we only actually saw one face, HT only made berserker with the removeable bio. The same thing was true in AVP but we got all 3 (with the same head) for some reason. So does that mean that the newer AVP re-releases will only have scar with the removeable bio. I really hope not but I'm worried this might be a possibility.

Good point, thats possible.

It all had to do with the license owners, KNB and Fox call the shots when it comes to HT final design and what they are and aren't allowed to do, unfortunately. Don't blam HT and Sideshow, blame them.

I hadn't thought about that... and you're right... it's very possible it will be that way :( .

:exactly: This really is the era of the remake/reboot/reimagining!

It's called the "Hot Toys Renaissance". They aren't going to be releasing updated versions of all the figures they've made in the past, just the ones that are in high demand that scalpers and counterfeiters' are trying to make exorbitant profits from...

I wasn't blaming hot toys I'm just stating what is a possibility. But I am hoping all bios are removeable obviously.

Back