Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Die cast in the armors , very nice and very expensive !! start saving now!!!!!!!!

Die cast in the armors , very nice and very expensive !! start saving now!!!!!!!!

I hope they don't use die cast at all, if they are planning to do some die cast armors the predators are going to be really heavy.

Die cast is going to add a little to the shipping costs. Can't see this going well.

Die cast or not these are going to cost a BOMB. Really looking forward to seeing HT attempts at 1/4 & not just Preds but everything there announced.

Die cast or not these are going to cost a BOMB. Really looking forward to seeing HT attempts at 1/4 & not just Preds but everything there announced.

There's bound to be something wrong with the first releases, whether it be scale, sculpt, paint or QC issues. I'm hoping Wolf is one of the later releases if he is to be made in 1/4.

I'm getting the 1/4 P1 and Dutch, those are insta-buys. As for the others, I'll have to wait and see... but chances are I'll want them too.

Uhg, I can't stop imagining how incredible these would be if they put as much effort into the head sculpt accuracy as they do on most of their Human figures..

If it becomes a choice between the 2 I'll buy Dutch over the P1. He doesn't get made quite as often.
large_295_300110_press02-001.jpg

Here it is:

After the release of the Classic Predator Collectible Figure recently, we have received positive response from the market!

But we guess that fans won’t be just satisfying with the 1/6th scale, right?

We are going to announce this great news now - we are bringing to fans not only the 1/6th scale, but also the 1/4th scale collectible figures of the Predator movie series - Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Alien vs. Predator (AVP) and Aliens vs Predator – Requiem (AVPR)!

It will be surely an enhancing of the details and quality level! And the mask and some of the body armors will be made by die-casting!

Moreover, we will be bringing the collectible of Dutch featuring our beloved actor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1/4th scale too!

Fans, please stay tuned!

Oh, nifty. For some reason, I originally read it as they just announced they'd use die-cast parts without specifying which ones.
Great, now we really are going to go broke.

Seems kind of odd that only "some" of the armor will be die-cast. Does that mean the non-leather parts (chest, shoulders, biceps, gauntlets, crotchplate, thighs, shins, etc.) will all be metal or some of those specific pieces? Hopefully if the latter is the case, the pieces are able to blend well on the figure. Otherwise I'd hope for all-metal or none... preferably none, since that would undoubtedly keep costs down.

Back