Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 1/4 scale Wolf would make a great substitute instead of spending $1,500 to 2,000 for the Sideshow Wolf maquette. At least the Hot Toys version would be more limited than the more than likely open edition Sideshow maquette.

I've been thinking, I think I'm done with this line. It might be exciting but it's just too expensive for me to even consider buying anymore HT predators right now. The only one(s) I'd be totally down for would be a 1/4 P1/P2, but they would have to be really special for me to want to fork out that kind of money.
I think I'll be sticking to the Marvel side of HT for now at least.

They better give thoes 1:4 sunuvab'itches very strong ankle joints. We all know how much the Neca p1 can shelf dive. All though i assume we will be getting a base with the HT release. But, a 1:4 black figure stand like we get now with the 1:6 or a entirely new sculpted base for each of the 1:4? That could increase the price more than the height of the figure or the die cast.

They better give thoes 1:4 sunuvab'itches very strong ankle joints. We all know how much the Neca p1 can shelf dive. All though i assume we will be getting a base with the HT release. But, a 1:4 black figure stand like we get now with the 1:6 or a entirely new sculpted base for each of the 1:4? That could increase the price more than the height of the figure or the die cast.

I wouldn't worry too much about the stand. Seems like a fairly cheap and usual offering with any figure nowadays. If anything, I'm excited; it'll be nice to have a 1/4 figure that I don't have to freak out over the possibility of shelf-diving. Now I no longer need to fashion a support for my NECA P1; I'll just get the HT version and lightly cover the stand in the fake ferns and leaves I bought from Michael's half a year ago. :lol

Im fairly at ease in thinking that we will probably get a stand so im not too worried. But now im thinking for Scar and Wolf whats the chances of half smushed Xeno base? Something like the Wolf LSB

I wonder if this means they'll make a new Machiko that looks like an Asian lady, rendering my old Angelina Jolie-ish version obsolete.

P.S. HT price tag= your speculations + $50-100.
keep it low dammmit! you're just feeding fuel to a fire. :mad:

Many of the people thinking of selling are doing so because they want only the best versions of their favourite characters, or because otherwise they won't be able to fit the new ones into their budgets. Don't assume they originally bought the figures with the sole intent to resell down the line. I wouldn't sell anything if I had another choice.

that was intended for the people who where. :lol

looks like i hit a nerve or two there.......guilty!!!! i kid. i kid. :rotfl

P.S. HT price tag= your speculations + $50-100.
keep it low dammmit! you're just feeding fuel to a fire. :mad:

that was intended for the people who where. :lol

looks like i hit a nerve or two there.......guilty!!!! i kid. i kid. :rotfl

:lol Well thats fair enough. Though I think we'll be seeing fewer and fewer flippers of HT as it becomes apparent that HT will almost certainly rerelease and remake anything thats popular.

@ blade no need to defend tsang from the random haters. No matter what they say or how bad Tsang is (if he really is), his work is sitting on so many people's desk. While the haters, even if they have actual comparable skills, are nothing more than random nobody's.

this is expected at least the 1/6 scale part they made a hole new body so the would have to milk it some how and what better way then release the older predators on new bodies

this is expected at least the 1/6 scale part they made a hole new body so the would have to milk it some how and what better way then release the older predators on new bodies

But the new bodies arnt actually just some generic body, are they? The super-preds all understandably share the same body. But doesnt shadow and classic (and by the looks of things the upcoming P2) all have completely different bodies? They share the same height and non-articulated torso, but the sculp itself is different, isnt it?

But the new bodies arnt actually just some generic body, are they? The super-preds all understandably share the same body. But doesnt shadow and classic (and by the looks of things the upcoming P2) all have completely different bodies? They share the same height and non-articulated torso, but the sculp itself is different, isnt it?
Classic and Shadow share the same body; for some reason the new P2 has a new body, and I'm not sure why they didn't just use the same body as classic and shadow.

Buy a long shelf...saw it into pieces big enough to hold the specific Predator..put them up on the walls in your room..

Looks good, and you can never run out of room.. :dunno

That was my plan, although I didn't go through with it because I sold (almost) all of my HT figures..

If these new 1/4 Preds are much more accurate than the 1/6 versions..That's probably how I will be displaying them.
ok, but then you can't complain when the rubber on your nice expensive collectibles rots away. display cases exist for a reason. you might as well stick with the NECA figures if you're gonna put everything on bookshelves.

ok, but then you can't complain when the rubber on your nice expensive collectibles rots away. display cases exist for a reason. you might as well stick with the NECA figures if you're gonna put everything on bookshelves.

Mine are just on shelves. I'd like cases for them eventually when I stop buying the actual toys but in the meantime I'm not too worried about them rotting away just because they're exposed to air and dust. My Predator dreads are fine so far and I'm not expecting them to suddenly disintegrate.

Back