Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if all of the armor will be die-cast. Just some parts here and there (the blades and weapons).
I think you're right, but even then there's an additional cost. Hot Toys specifically mentioned the helmets and some of the body armor. The extra 4" in height alone would have to make it considerably more expensive than Iron Monger.

I think you're right, but even then there's an additional cost. Hot Toys specifically mentioned the helmets and some of the body armor. The extra 4" in height alone would have to make it considerably more expensive than Iron Monger.

I guess we'll have to see. HT might not want to go all-out with their pricing just yet, considering this is their first 1/4 Predator (and they haven't released any 1/4 figures of anything). We may see (okay, we will see) a price hike if they feel comfortable with business in this scale... though paying anything over $425-$450 retail for a figure is horrifying.

I guess we'll have to see. HT might not want to go all-out with their pricing just yet, considering this is their first 1/4 Predator (and they haven't released any 1/4 figures of anything). We may see (okay, we will see) a price hike if they feel comfortable with business in this scale... though paying anything over $425-$450 retail for a figure is horrifying.
Agreed. For over $425 the thing better be 100% accurate and void of QC issues. For over $550 the thing better damn well hunt me dinner.

Then again, why would the prices get too high? A typical 1/6 HT figure goes for around (sometimes $50 less, sometimes $50 more) than a 1/6 statue. So technically, it would be wise for them to keep the prices $50 max above those of PF's. This could very well be wishful thinking, but time will tell.

I hope they take their time releasing these...lately I feel like Hot Toys is becoming too "common". LIke I said earlier, every kid and his grandma is collecting Hot Toys it seems....but at the same time, its not like the price suddenly became really "common".

Not sure they could recoup their production cost if they price them that high. They are pricing fans out of the market with their current pricing for 1/6. There is a limit and at the prices being thrown around the number of people willing to pull the trigger vs just admiring them online shrinks pretty dramatically.

Darn thing is that they feel like (and might be right) that enough high rollers will still pick this up at $500 per pop.

Diecast shouldn't increase the price all that much. My guess is that they're gonna use pewter, and pewter is dirt cheap.

Diecast shouldn't increase the price all that much. My guess is that they're gonna use pewter, and pewter is dirt cheap.

I was gonna say. I am not sure why everyone is making a big deal about diecast. I have a diecast 1:18 scale batmobile that only cost 30 bucks :lol

People like to pretend the HT uses ground up unicorn horn in their plastic.

Pretty much. At that price, I'm only going after the only Predator that really means anything.

And the one that looks the best sculpt wise. There's no point having something like looks like Classic for a P1, just made into a bigger 1/4 figure. I want to look at the new Preds, especially P1 and say that's the character from the film.

Then again, why would the prices get too high? A typical 1/6 HT figure goes for around (sometimes $50 less, sometimes $50 more) than a 1/6 statue. So technically, it would be wise for them to keep the prices $50 max above those of PF's. This could very well be wishful thinking, but time will tell.

Hmm, I can see the prices being high on the 1/4 Preds from the start. I can't seeing them being something that is easily that accessible to the common collector. As much as I would like HT to test the waters on their first 1/4 figure, by the time we get half way through their line the prices will probs keep on getting higher anyway.

Looks like Hot toys just filled a hole in my collection. A 1/4 P1 will
be more afordable than the sideshow maquette and the only one I'll buy.

Back