Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's obviously a great sculptor but wouldn't it be, I dunno, easier to just copy what you see rather than 'reimagining' it?

Methinks he just goes for the overall gist of the character, not paying too much attention to movie accuracy. I doubt he's actively reimagining the design to suit his preferences, he just does what he wants and if it looks remotely like the source material, he considers it done.

Then again, he did use the Cinemaquette as reference at one point. Not sure why. I think it's because it's such a popular and beloved piece that he mistook its coveted grail status as a sign of end-all, be-all accuracy -- which it isn't. It could easily be a language barrier issue. All of these guys whining on HT's Facebook page criticize their every move, but the only thing that comes out of it is confusion. Howard and friends probably think, "Why are they so angry? What did we do wrong? We just thought they'd like something based on the Cinemaquette since it gets so much love." There's a good possibility that they're unaware of their faults. The only thing they're guilty of is going forward with production once a crappy sculpt has been completed, but if they understood the root of the problem, the sculpt would've been perfect from the very start.

I honestly think the best thing the FB posters can do is not upload movie comparison shots, but rather consistent and frequent explanations that the collectibles on which they base their sculpts are, however popular, ultimately inaccurate. We need to flat-out tell them, "Hey, the CM is indeed a great piece. But it's not what we want in a figure. Sculpt the piece by looking at reference from the film only and don't worry about other companies' attempts."

These are people for whom English is not a first language. Even their official announcements aren't always grammatically-correct. Showing them a Photoshopped comparison image and repeatedly pointing at it won't tell them a thing. Be clear, simple, and concise with what you want.

Are you speaking of the photo that showed Tsang (or whoever) sculpting Classic with a Cinemaquette Pred, Wolf life-size bust, and I think there were others sitting next to him? If so, I wouldn't say he was using the Cinemaquette as reference..it could have just...been there.

I just want the P1 in 1/4 the rest in 1/6. I'm always looking forward to HT next Pred. Hope the do make all the AVP Preds & P1 in 1/6 again.

Yeah, I'm with ya, I only want 1/6 preds...1/4 is out of my price range...but HT said they'd be doing both....1/4 is just too much dough for this guy...swinging the 1/6 preds at 190-230 a piece is hard enough.

Yeah, I'm with ya, I only want 1/6 preds...1/4 is out of my price range...but HT said they'd be doing both....1/4 is just too much dough for this guy...swinging the 1/6 preds at 190-230 a piece is hard enough.

F--- oath, I reckon paying more than a hundred dollars is to expensive even for a high end figure.

:goodpost:

Not only that but if you have space limitations making the jump to 1/4 scale is pretty hard to do.

Sorry for the bump but with what looks like no new Predator reveals from the Ani-Com it looks like P2 may be the only Predator this year.:( It raises the question as to whether they rushed out the new P2 just so they had one Predator this year. Hopefully the lack of news means that once they have finished off their Batman and Marvel lines they will put more effort into this line...

Sorry for the bump but with what looks like no new Predator reveals from the Ani-Com it looks like P2 may be the only Predator this year.:( It raises the question as to whether they rushed out the new P2 just so they had one Predator this year. Hopefully the lack of news means that once they have finished off their Batman and Marvel lines they will put more effort into this line...

Are we sure they're done with the reveals. They were supposed to have the 1/4th scale TDKR batman too, but it hasn't been shown yet. I wouldn't necessarily give up all hope just yet.

Are we sure they're done with the reveals. They were supposed to have the 1/4th scale TDKR batman too, but it hasn't been shown yet. I wouldn't necessarily give up all hope just yet.

We may still see some 1/6's but I think if they were about to reveal a brand new 1/4th Scale Predator they would have bigged it up on their facebook page leading up to the event.

We may still see some 1/6's but I think if they were about to reveal a brand new 1/4th Scale Predator they would have bigged it up on their facebook page leading up to the event.

I'd gamble on them showing the next 1/6 but they wanna keep the 1/4 attention on Batman and Terminator i think.

There's still the P2 and Samurai coming :wink1:

Its been a long time since this announcement was made. I was hoping to at least see a tease of how these 1/4 predators would look. I have a couple of the 1/5 predator statues on pre order and I have a feeling that one HT releases the 1/4 preds Im going to regret getting the statues.

Thanks...I did read that! :lol

I like the NECA 1:4 Preds, and they are better priced for me as a 1:4 scale collector. It sucks, because I just started the 1/6 scale Pred collecting, but if HT is making 1:4...I'm going to have to say I'M IN!! I might as well direct deposit my check into Hot Toys account! :slap:

Back