Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the suck fest that was P2 I'd rather they didn't make anymore Preds until they put 100% into making their Preds instead of the current half assed attempts.

First announcement > 12-30-2011

image.png

From the teaser picture way back when of the 1/4 predator being sculpted , what's your guys best guess as to what predator it's going to be ?

We don't know what was WIP.
The whole announcement felt like a quick "WE'RE STILL doing Predators, don't buy NECA 20" and Sideshow statues pleeeeeeeease!"

That was about two years ago too. I bet whatever they sculpted is probably in a shoebox behind 500 boxes of Iron Men >_>

I'm sure their Arkham stuff has cobwebs on them too.

I'm just waiting on Scar and hopefully Wolf. Although I would like a 2nd chance at getting a Dutch, but I would prefer a 1:6.

The Predator 2 is not very accurate to the movie. But it is far more accurate to its movie counterpart than the classic predator is. However people are blinded by the Diorama base and Wrist LED that classic brings and for that reason it makes Classic HT's best Predator ever made. I see people post countless comments hating on figures in threads about wanting accuracy and crapping all over figures especially the new P2. But give them a fancy base and a light and they turn in to easy to please kids.

I don't have any issues with my P2. I just wish it had accurate mesh lens. Aside from that, it's more than impressive enough to be displayed next to Classic.

New P2 is far more accurate to its movie counterpart than the classic predator is. However people are blinded by the Diorama base and Wrist LED that classic brings and for that reason it makes Classic HT's best Predator ever made. Give them a fancy base and a light and they turn in to easy to please kids.

Can't see your point here.

1. Classic in the movie looked terrible
2. Classic was close to Original Pred and it sold the figure
3. Classic wasn't a re-issue of something released years ago

City Hunter supposed to be a start of something better on every level but in the end we just got a new body and slightly higher painting quality while losing great head sculpts. Not to meantion a **** load of QC problems.

Last edited:
Back