Hot Toys Predator 2 - (battle damaged version) full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That figure is pretty sweet...

I just wish he came with his helmet too...

I dig that rustic bronze look...

And for some reason I like the mask look more than the unmasked look...

I do like the unmasked look though...

I wish this was still one figure with ALL that stuff...

I love my P2 but after seeing this I almost wish i didnt get it but that being said I think Im gonna pass on this one
Id rather spend my money on AVPr and P1 figures

i agree completely. it's pretty convenient to release specs on this AFTER P2 is sold out.

I love my P2 but after seeing this I almost wish i didnt get it but that being said I think Im gonna pass on this one
Id rather spend my money on AVPr and P1 figures

You shouldn't. The problem with this particular P2 Pred is that it will only work for the scenes after he was injured by Harrigan.

Me, I'd rather have mine in tip top, kicking ass, shape(Like the regular version).

But I do want some of the accessories(Just the Alien Skull, open mandibles and medi-comp), though I wish they didn't bloody up his mouth.

Looks like us who want the best of both will have to buy both...

Annoyed...But it still is a cool figure :D

Well, the newsletter says...

Keep a close lookout for the next dynamic model kit from Hot Toys, the Battle Damaged Predator from 'Predator 2'! This very detailed kit will be available in limited edition at SideshowCollectibles.com, plus a special version will be available only from Sideshow that includes an exclusive accessory - a removable Predator mask! Don't want to miss your chance to have this outstanding figure? Watch our upcoming newsletters for Pre-Ordering information and more details!

Since the Battle Damaged Predator that is being solicited from the Hot Toys website and sites like ABC Express all have the breathing mask, what mask is the newsletter talking about unless it's his normal old mask? Although text on the Sideshow site that came from Hot Toys promised masks before when masks weren't coming -- Predator 2 Elder, I'm looking at you.

Why would we want a mask though for a figure whos drawing point is its new head design with the howling sculpt?

IMO if you want a mask go buy the original. I think this particular figure is for people who want to display it maskless

Why wouldn't we want a mask that gave us more display options? Why wouldn't we want one figure that did it all?

Id love a figure that did it all but Hot Toys loves the money so they present us with the options i listed above.

I didnt experience any pleasure having to buy this one also believe me

Yeah, I feel like a dodged a bullet the size of my head in not getting the first version of this guy. The only time I felt more thankful for missing out was when I missed the original Scar through a weird set of circumstances only to find the opportunity to get the Ani-Com Scar.

That version of Scar is awesome but when you display him next to an Elder it kinda looses the leetness, just because of the fact its the same headsculpt with different paint.

I think HT have defined their Preds since the AVP ones, they've released the market is massive for them and have notched up the production quality. P2 & P2 Elder are such good examples next to AVP releases

IMO if you want a mask go buy the original. I think this particular figure is for people who want to display it maskless
Or an excuse for more cash.

IMHO, the first version is much better. I like that he's not bloodied up(Which, no offense to HTs, doesn't look very good) and more in kickass mode. You could easily get the new head and mandibles separately now that the boys on ebay are splitting up the figures. Which is exactly what I'm going to do, along with the Alien Skull and Medi-Comp, adding some cool accessories to an already perfect figure.

Off topic; Is it me, or is Scar's helmet alittle too pitted? In the movie it was a lot smoother. Celtic's mask is still the coolest AVP mask, though.

Your right, i was thinking of doing that too but im not keen on changing it every so often id like to leave it alone :monkey5

I want this!!!! :monkey2
I am just trying to justify it with all the unbought AVPR stuff too!

Maybe I will get it anyway. I can always count on Jamal's enthusiams to make me want to get one anyway. :D

Back