Hot Toys Predator 2 - (battle damaged version) full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god!!

That's an embarassement of riches. Seriously, if I could buy these figures from Wal-Mart, I would. That way, if a vastly superior version was announced within 90 days I could return it.

You even get the breathing mask, medi kit and an alien skull..too cool, now I'm gonna have to get 2 Pred 2's..damn you Hot Toys, in a good way.

Hot Toys – MMS45 - Predator 2 - 14 inches Predator model kit (battle damaged version)
=========================================================================

This battle damaged Predator, approximately stands 35 cm tall with more than 22 points of articulation and amazing detail, features bloody face, armory and cut off arm, as well as:

l Interchangeable left arms
l Interchangeable mouth / teeth
l Medical kit with individual small tools inside
l Oxygen mask
l Alien skull head accessory

{Release date: Q1-2008}

10-4.jpg

Hey Wookster, you don't list the spear, disk, or full helmet. I see the spear and disk pictured. Should we assume we get the spear and disk but not the helmet? And as always, thanks for the pics!

Ya Know...
It is a superior figure as far as all the little details, but I am glad that I have the first version, because I never did care for the blood splattered versions of stuff. And even though the arm is swappable, he still has green $#!t all over him :).
The thing is that it is very upsetting that HT is doing all these "redos" of the figures. I could understand when they redid Superman and would not be suprised if they redid some of the AVP guys or Batman, since those were early MMS efforts. But to have a figure redone as soon as it comes out essentially, I just don't like it. I have only enjoyed looking at my Pred 2 for about a month only to find that the new and improved version is coming that makes the one I "thought was best", look like a second stringer. Same way with Jack Sparrow. The smiling version is obviously the way to go, as it is more Jack's character. Fortunately I didn't buy version 1 until I found out about version 2.

Hey Wookster, you don't list the spear, disk, or full helmet. I see the spear and disk pictured. Should we assume we get the spear and disk but not the helmet? And as always, thanks for the pics!

I would imagine so, strange that they don't list the spear and disc in the spec HT are usualy pretty hot on that sort of thing. I think people would be mighty peeved if after seeing the pics they didn't get the weapons. No mask though, but I guess they've got to make the first release desirable for some reason.
That Alien skull is sooo freakin cool, I'd get just for that, never mind the interchangeable mandibles!

I read that the mask that you see in the pics only comes with the sse version, so you can have the mask if you buy that version of the figure...

Looks awesome by the way. I can only afford 2 predators and I have the AVP requiem predator preordered and wanted to buy the elder predator 2. Now this. Any thoughts on which 2 I should get?? :confused: :D

i think the elder predator 2 is more impressive, but it all depends on what is more important to you. P2 is definitely more iconic.

as much as i love this version, i have the first version and love it. i am upset that Hot Toys keeps milking us, but thankfully i haven't taken a sip yet.

I read that the mask that you see in the pics only comes with the sse version, so you can have the mask if you buy that version of the figure...

Looks awesome by the way. I can only afford 2 predators and I have the AVP requiem predator preordered and wanted to buy the elder predator 2. Now this. Any thoughts on which 2 I should get?? :confused: :D

Oookay, after seeing these pics and that Alien skull, I think I might have to get this bastard after all. I thought it was kinda pointless at first, but those accessories are AWESOME!! :rock

This one is also making me rethink my decision not to get the P2 pred (Elder's on pre-order)...
The accessories are just too nice!

Okay, this takes me back to Sideshow's Newsletter hint:

Keep a close lookout for the next dynamic model kit from Hot Toys, the Battle Damaged Predator from 'Predator 2'! This very detailed kit will be available in limited edition at SideshowCollectibles.com, plus a special version will be available only from Sideshow that includes an exclusive accessory - a removable Predator mask! Don't want to miss your chance to have this outstanding figure? Watch our upcoming newsletters for Pre-Ordering information and more details!

I doubt that A.) Hot Toys would list the oxygen mask on it's main page if it only came with the SSC version and B.) that SSC would call the oxygen mask a Predator mask. So, I think it's reasonable to assume (well, unless the newsletter person FUBARed this) that the SSC version will come with the mask from the V1 version. Since all of the versions come with closed mandibles to exchange out, the mask would work on this one. If that's the case, I am SO going to finally spend over 100 dollars on a HT figure not named Jack .... LOL.

Oookay, after seeing these pics and that Alien skull, I think I might have to get this bastard after all. I thought it was kinda pointless at first, but those accessories are AWESOME!! :rock

Hell yeah man! No question about it :rock

Can't wait. The additional mouth sculpt, mask, skull, everything. Totally worth it.

Eh, to be honest, it doesn't look like much.

I'll probably pick up the head, Alien skull and medi-kit on ebay sometime.

But I do agree with ragacin. I'd much rather have the one that isn't all bloodied up.

Still on the fence about this one....I like the screaming pose and bloodied up variant but I'm already stretched really thin in Q1 so....this might really be just bad timing.....

Maybe we'll get an AvP Pred with hybrid chestburster coming out.....:lol

They should have given the original an interchangeable open mouth sculpt. I hope they do with Predator 1.

I posted this guy up over at the hunters lair and all the p2 fans are drooling over him so its all good for me and them we have to get em all lol.
It does look great though

Im sold!!
I cant wait!! I wanted to get him even before all of this information was released. Now it just makes him a MUST HAVE!!

This one is gonna rock!!

Back