Hot Toys please make a General Zod!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1QzZ15-L38[/ame]

Unless that little scalp and blood counts as battle damage.

I wouldn't buy Zod figure, but a 1/6 representation of this would be kind of cool:

zod.jpg

What would Zod even come with? A machine gun and a laser vision burned rifle?

Not enough. I guess they could give him a Fortress of Solitude base to extend the environment that collectors have from the Reeve Superman. Though, the crystal base that Supes came with is virtually useless to me. I kept mine in the box.

Zod would be a BAF.

Nope sorry not official don't get butt-hurt.

I am making this thread as i have a theory HT sees these and gets ideas. I think the outcry for so long for a CR supes helped.

We need a Zod! Period! It will sell very well HT, and be a great companion to CR supes.

Let your voice be heard here! And for all you facebook kiddies take it there as well.

In an age of too many Iron Man and Batman figs, let's not forget the real cool characters that will live on forever!

(and throw in Black robe Jor-El while you're at it please):peace

I just won a reves superman on ebay and would love a zod to go with him.

What would Zod even come with? A machine gun and a laser vision burned rifle?

Not enough. I guess they could give him a Fortress of Solitude base to extend the environment that collectors have from the Reeve Superman. Though, the crystal base that Supes came with is virtually useless to me. I kept mine in the box.

Zod would be a BAF.
He could come with the Phantom Zone window thing, and a couple other accessories for Supes (say, a Clark Kent head with glasses) that would make him more desirable. I would probably buy Zod if the head sculpt were good, but frankly, I'm not sure he would be all that popular among collectors in general. Lex would probably be a better move from HT's perspective, though I'm not even sure he would sell. Beyond the 'Man himself, it's too old a movie for many HT collectors looking for their Predator or Iron Man fix.

Good idea about the Clark Kent extras. It could almost be like the Sarah Connor exclusive or something.

You're right about Zod being a poor seller on his own. It might be cool if they did some exclusive two pack with Hackman Lex Luthor and Zod.

That would be something I'd be up for, but Zod on his own; no can-do, Cat Mandu.

Can't have Zod without Ursa and Non. But yeah, we need some villains for Supes.

Last edited:
This character does feel like a con exclusive more than a full release, if anything. That way, he would sell out anyway (assuming they don't actually produce 4,000 or so like they tend to do for con ex's). I can imagine a con 2-pack with Zod and Ursa, but Non would be pushing it I think :lol

I'd be very very very tempted to buy Zod if made.....and to make all my other figures kneel before him....except my Terminators.

This character does feel like a con exclusive more than a full release, if anything. That way, he would sell out anyway (assuming they don't actually produce 4,000 or so like they tend to do for con ex's). I can imagine a con 2-pack with Zod and Ursa, but Non would be pushing it I think :lol

Simple, release two two-packs. A Zod and Black Suit Jor-El, and a Non and Ursa, then take a move right from their Iron Man hand book and rerelease Zod after he's long sold out, with the light up ring prison stand for himself and the other figures.

Simple, release two two-packs. A Zod and Black Suit Jor-El, and a Non and Ursa, then take a move right from their Iron Man hand book and rerelease Zod after he's long sold out, with the light up ring prison stand for himself and the other figures.
I doubt Jor-El is gonna happen again, since the Brando likeness seems to require its own license, and HT has already gone there.

Without a doubt I'd buy Zod, Non, Ursa, Luthor & white or black robe Jor-El, although I'd prefer an upgraded white version with better sculpt and outfit.

I doubt Jor-El is gonna happen again, since the Brando likeness seems to require its own license, and HT has already gone there.

Well, the whole thing was a joke post for me (hence the smiley on post #2), but yeah, though it'd be nice, I can't see it happening (hell, we'll be lucky to get a Clark Kent).

Superman is just not selling right now, Batman has taken over pretty much everything on the DC side, look how long the Chris Reeve one has been up, would make no sense right now for HT to make one, reguardless of how bad we want it

Superman is just not selling right now, Batman has taken over pretty much everything on the DC side, look how long the Chris Reeve one has been up, would make no sense right now for HT to make one, reguardless of how bad we want it

WRONG!

They made a TON of them cause it was an open edition.. Just like Luke is. They sold plenty, they just made a crapload! There will be leftover Lukes as well, and that will sell even more i bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back