Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to buy the figure but im confused with the colors. Why in some collectors pics it looks brown and others green? is there a variant?

Some cameras or perhaps the settings on those cameras are picking up the weathering better than the actual base color. The BDUs aren't meant to look like he's just grabbed them from the wash, they're dirty, muddy and even have sweat stains in some areas.
The same people complaining that they're "brown" would probably be complaining if they had to weather the cloth themselves. :slap

Yeah that would be sweet. The one war film I wished HTs could do is Saving Private Ryan. With their quality I know it would be an awesome line for them to make. Hope it happens one day.

Yes! That would be AWESOME! Hot Toys MAKE IT HAPPEN!
saving_private_ryan_ver2.jpg

DID didn't 'do' the line. They did bootleg versions of two characters. Captain Millers and Private Daniel... based on Hank's Miller, and Pepper's Jackson characters. The sculpts were 75% at best.

80073-4.jpg

80067-7.jpg

The gear was good tho. HOT TOYS could EASILY compete IMHO. I mean have you seen the difference between HT Aldo and DID's attempt?!?!

review_aldo_13.jpg

49.jpg

The gear was good tho. HOT TOYS could EASILY compete IMHO. I mean have you seen the difference between HT Aldo and DID's attempt?!?!

review_aldo_13.jpg

49.jpg

Both of those are excellent sculpts but the HT wins in the likeness. Thats actually one of the best pics of the HT one I've ever seen.

Can somebody tell me if the figure was supposed to come with a watch. It's listed in the description, but their wasn't one included with mine. Did I get screwed or was the watch scrapped?

Can somebody tell me if the figure was supposed to come with a watch. It's listed in the description, but their wasn't one included with mine. Did I get screwed or was the watch scrapped?

Yea man, from all the reviews and photo unboxings that I have seen, Taylor has a watch strapped to his upper left vest. Maybe it got mixed up in the box or you missed it already on the figure. Take a look around:peace

Yea man, from all the reviews and photo unboxings that I have seen, Taylor has a watch strapped to his upper left vest. Maybe it got mixed up in the box or you missed it already on the figure. Take a look around:peace

I think you're thinking of the compass. I was hoping for a silver looking wristwatch, like in the movie.

Back