Hot Toys + Pirates of the Caribbean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see HT's rendition of sparrow. Hope he comes with a lot of stuff. :clap:rock

It's good news that someone is doing 1/6 figures, but with HT I'd be a little worried about likenesses. Their Stallones are decent, but no other likeness has been as good as most SSC ones. But let's hope that the line will be as deep and broad as Alien and Predator have been. Barbarossa, Davey Jones, the Commodore, Elizabeth, etc.

Darklord Dave said:
It's good news that someone is doing 1/6 figures, but with HT I'd be a little worried about likenesses. Their Stallones are decent, but no other likeness has been as good as most SSC ones. But let's hope that the line will be as deep and broad as Alien and Predator have been. Barbarossa, Davey Jones, the Commodore, Elizabeth, etc.

I totally agree. The only thing preventing HT's Movie Masterpieces from truly living up to their name is the rather less than accurate portraits. I love the Colonial Marines in spite of their shortcomings, but just think how ulitimately cool they'd have been if they really looked like the characters we know and love so much! It hope they'll seriously address this issue with all future releases, and keep on bringing us more of these amazing figures. :monkey5

DarkArtist81 said:
Hot Toys is on a roll!! :rock:rock:rock

What's next?? Indy? :monkey1

INDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since SS is never goign to get around to making him, I would buy him in about a half a second.

Wow, that's quite a credit to HT; and no offense meant but a big step up from the 80's fare that they have been doing. :clap

LOTRFan said:
Wow, that's quite a credit to HT; and no offense meant but a big step up from the 80's fare that they have been doing. :clap

some of the best movies are from the 80's whats wrong with you? :monkey1

nash said:

I would have to agree, there are some great movies from the 80s, too bad everything else about the 80s sucked. Music, clothes, cars, colors, etc..

nash said:

No I agree, and I was hoping it wouldn't be taken that way - I mean more that this is a real "cutting edge" announcement. You know as opposed to 20 or so years after a film is released. And yes I know that many of these films have a large following (myself included - esp Rocky, Terminator and Aliens); but to acquire a license before the film is released ---- niiiiiiiiiice!

congerking said:
I would have to agree, there are some great movies from the 80s, too bad everything else about the 80s sucked. Music, clothes, cars, colors, etc..

Apparantly you have bad taste. :lol

You prefer the music of today instead? oh boy, emo????? Do I have to say any more?

LOTRFan said:
No I agree, and I was hoping it wouldn't be taken that way - I mean more that this is a real "cutting edge" announcement. You know as opposed to 20 or so years after a film is released. And yes I know that many of these films have a large following (myself included - esp Rocky, Terminator and Aliens); but to acquire a license before the film is released ---- niiiiiiiiiice!

ah ok I get what you meant, it's definitely cool to see things being made that would correspond to a current movie.

But to have things that we've grown up with besides the usual (ahem star wars) since Im the same age as you, is awesome too :cool:

Wow I didn't expect this! I didn't order the Medicom version so I'll be considering this one. Even if you bought the Medicom Sparrow it's a great figure. Hot Toys has on occasion when they had the license for a particular character and actor has turned out some great likenesses. the fore mentioned Supes and Batman along with Stallone and Mr. T. And they obviously tried to get Michael Biehn to sign off on his likeness, that's the only reason IMO that the Nam' Seal Stoner gunner looks so amazingly like him and the real Hicks figure doesn't.
I really think Depp's likeness is tied directly into this license as is all the actors.

Oh, and the 80's Rocked! :rock

congerking said:

What?? You know, I'm gonna relax in some parachute pants, blast some Duran, Duran, download some Christy Canyon and pretend you didn't just post that. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jfBGhWo760

congerking said:

how could you say that conger!!??

like gdb, i'm gonna put on a jacket with HUGE shoulder pads, blast some of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIJgv3-DUR4

tell me that song doesn't blow your mind?! :google

whoever can name the movie(s) that used this song gets a cookie.

My Medi Cap'n Jack is good enough for me, but I can't wait to see what the HT version looks like.

I assume it'll be Jack in the Asian looking outfit?

jack.jpg

Last edited:
It is apparent Hot Toys are a company to milk the licence. I would think we will get multiple Jack Sparrows. The regular, the version with multiple eyes, the semi-morphed/half skull version, and an Asian. Bring on a Captain Barbossa.

The license appears to be for the new movie so I assume they can only do versions from At World's End.

That Asian costume looks amazing though. If I didn't already have the Medi version, I think I'd prefer that one.

TheObsoleteMan said:
The license appears to be for the new movie so I assume they can only do versions from At World's End.

Possibly or its possible that they want to use the new film's hype to springboard their new license. I really hope we get Pintel and Ragetti the Threepio and Artoo of this license. As for Jack's likeness he appear at least from most promotional shots in both the Asian garb and the standard Jack Sparrow clothing so I think we'll see HT take both out as they did with the multiple Mr. Ts and the Multiple Rambos...

Back