Hot Toys + Pirates of the Caribbean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WAY TO GO HOT TOYS! :rock

I can't wait for a Jack Sparrow from them and you just KNOW they'll try to tackle Davy Jones as well!

congerking said:
Going to be hard to beat the Medicom Jack Sparrow in my book, I love him.

This is why I'll never sell mine...

DSC02263-1.jpg

May pick up Will or Bar though, we'll see...

very hard to beat medicom sparrow... BUT Medicom is releasing a NEW CAPTAIN JACK for POTC3.... so watch out hot toys. :rotfl

I just received my medicom version and Hot Toys will have a very hard time topping that one off, I love him!
I don't see HT beating Medicom, the quality of their headsculpts isn't good enough. But there may be just as many people who disagree, so bottom line is that everyone will have the freedom to choose which one they prefer, and that's just awesome.

Last edited:
It's been said that those asian pics aren't real, and that they're just excellent photoshop work.

Regardless, I prefer they produce Jack in his regular clothing. The Medicom is really nice, but the paint holds it back for me. I think the head itself is shaped a bit funny on mine, too, so I'd like to see if HT can do one better.

It's not just Jack that excites me, though, it's the fact that they might to do the other characters.

Josette said:
It's been said that those asian pics aren't real, and that they're just excellent photoshop work.
You are (mostly) correct. The pics are fake, but they aren't "excellent" photoshop work. They are of a guy named Toby Markham, are remarkable and talented Johnny Depp lookalike. He designed the costume himself, and even wore it to SDCC last year. His website is www.sithcamaro.com, and it contains many pics of this and other custom costumes he has made.

BrooklynWolf X said:
how could you say that conger!!??

like gdb, i'm gonna put on a jacket with HUGE shoulder pads, blast some of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIJgv3-DUR4

tell me that song doesn't blow your mind?! :google

whoever can name the movie(s) that used this song gets a cookie.

That song takes me back. Totally trippendicular, dude. I had it playing while solving my Rubic's Cube, wearing my pastel suit and dreaming about that bodacious Kristy McNichol....

So what film was it used in?

xenoviper said:
Jack sparrow bashing in progress...
Gonna add some hair to it later also weathering the outfit... :D

neca-sparrow-bash00.jpg

neca-sparrow-bash03.jpg

neca-sparrow-bash05.jpg

neca-sparrow-bash07.jpg

neca-sparrow-bash08.jpg

neca-sparrow-bash11.jpg

neca-sparrow-bash12.jpg

neca-sparrow-bash13.jpg

neca-sparrow-bash14.jpg

the neca headsculpt is probably the greatest Depp likeness ever.

Gotta agree, NECA really outdid themselves with that sculpt nice to see it going to good use.

xenoviper said:
Jack sparrow bashing in progress...
Gonna add some hair to it later also weathering the outfit... :D
neca-sparrow-bash14.jpg
Nice! So where are the clothes from? Did you make them yourself or are these from the Medicom figure?

Most of the stuff appears to be from the Zizzle figure, right?

I like the Medi Sparrow, and Johnny is so small that he could be in scale with other characters that HT makes on their normal body.

Back