1/6 Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They kept the blue color of his privateer outfit, along with a similar wig he wore in the beginning of the movie. You're right it does kinda look like a blue Captain Hook. Which is why I like this outfit too. Better than how it looked in On Stranger Tides. More of a pirate version of it.

Comparison I made:
7c0f0442c5f810fb35fd07f1032f4cfe.jpg

Different everything, but a somewhat similar look.

For the young Jack Sparrow, all Hot Toys would really need to do in terms of the head sculpt is acquire the original CGI model used to make Depp appear younger and then use a 3D printer to create the physical product, LOL. :lol

Pretty much the same as they do for video game masterpiece then + add detailing.

They kept the blue color of his privateer outfit, along with a similar wig he wore in the beginning of the movie. You're right it does kinda look like a blue Captain Hook. Which is why I like this outfit too. Better than how it looked in On Stranger Tides. More of a pirate version of it.

Comparison I made:

They need to show age and change with these characters. Not my favorite but if it serves the story of the movie I'm good with it. Barbossa always seemed to me intrigued by power. Hopefully what I'm reading online proves to be true and this is the beginning of a compelling final act for these characters. I consider myself lucky to be around when such fun and well made pirate flicks are being made.

Comparison I made:

To add to this I saw some d23 footage and barbossa had a throne like chair on the deck of the queens Anne revenge. I believe he sees himself as high class "rich" pirate. With the power of the Sword and his ship he is probably doing well "stealing" or "pirating" he dresses like that being more high class and his crew on the Queen Anne are dressed fancy as well and still has the Queen Anne crew on board which i think in one of the movies he mentioned he liked higher class and that's why his original costume could still "look" higher class. And about the wig, back then it was a Symbol of sort either class or power don't know exactly. He even has a new peg leg that has gold on It. And his pistol is gold and his ship has gold rails now and some other gold areas. Not as black as it was under black beards care.
On a side note his beard seems to get shorter every film.

Yes he does seem like he's into being high class. His old outfit was kinda fancy. Even his old pistol too. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him here. Barbossa was always my favorite character, right next to Jack.

This is the Diamond Select figure, which is about the clearest I can see of his whole body so far. You can see the new peg leg too:

d9104fe320a90806614ce7e5d8cb6753.jpeg

If the idea is to make him look pompous and out of place with a higher class of people, so to speak, then it works for the character (all just speculation at this point obviously). While not "classic" Barbossa in any way, it feels to me at this point to be significant of a new character arc. And really if you want to keep bringing these actors back to keep playing the same characters, you have to give them something new to do (other than spending all that cash). ;)

If they portray Barbossa attempting to climb a social ladder only to be rebuffed back to his salty, pirate ways...that will be an interesting process to watch, even though that kind of happened at the end of OST.

If the idea is to make him look pompous and out of place with a higher class of people, so to speak, then it works for the character (all just speculation at this point obviously). While not "classic" Barbossa in any way, it feels to me at this point to be significant of a new character arc. And really if you want to keep bringing these actors back to keep playing the same characters, you have to give them something new to do (other than spending all that cash). ;)

If they portray Barbossa attempting to climb a social ladder only to be rebuffed back to his salty, pirate ways...that will be an interesting process to watch, even though that kind of happened at the end of OST.

^ Good points.

I like it too. Unless he changes into his old outfit in this movie, this will be the version they do for now. I'll be hoping Hot Toys gets to him. And I definitely still want them to go back and revisit the older movies.

First thing every morning I check online for two notifications....Walt Disney World Free Dining Plan dates and the pre-order for the Jack Sparrow figure.

Getting tired of the daily let down!

rum.jpg

They better be doing barbossa this time. They said they would do barbossa last time based on Angelica sales.... I mean how could they base it off Angelica?!?!?

There is currently not really a good official barbossa figure!!!

The anticipation is killing me. I'm ready to own them all. I wonder if Hot Toys would go back and releases older characters if the hype is large enough?

Back