Hot Toys- new True-Type (Caucasian with narrowed shoulder)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Joker has a hunch in the film and if you look at the poster of him in the street holding the machine gun he has very broad shoulders. perhaps a narrowed shoulder true type is not always best?
It will look so good like in movie when you put several layer of cloth on. :D

I wonder how SSC's Indy will look on these? Ever since I saw Warrior 038's slim Indy custom I've been thinking Indy looks better slim.

What other existing figures are people thinking of using these on?

So when do these go up for preorder? And I mean on any site, not just Sideshows. I'm still not too familiar with the 1/6th world in terms of how releases go and such. I've only ever bought Superman Returns stuff from eBay, and TDK stuff from Toys2.net and CSC.

I wish they announced this earlier as I already picked a TT from Toys2.net when I ordered the new MMSDX Joker.

looks amazing! Ive had to shave down alot of truetype to get accurate fit out of some kitbashes, those days are gone now!

I really wish they'd address the gap between the neck and shoulder blades - that looks pretty bad on an open shirt character.

Nice! I'll definitely have to pick up a few of these when they release. I hope they make larger runs than they do for other TT's because there will be a lot of people wanting them to display both a purple coat Joker and Cop Joker at the same time.

I really wish they'd address the gap between the neck and shoulder blades - that looks pretty bad on an open shirt character.

When they first announced the thin body, I thought it was going to have a sculpted neck like it does with Michael Jackson.

The sculpted neck is the only way you can address the problem, otherwise the neck looses the ability to be lent over to the left or right, and would still look bad in an open shirt. Not as bad, but why have the ball joint between the shoulders if it isn't going to be useful in posing, other than to turn the head. Then Hot Toys may as well just make all figures sculpted necked and provide the adapters for use with other company bodies. Then if they did that, there'd be complaints of older Heads not retro compatible with newer bodies. If they just narrowed the gaps it'd still be a compromise. They'd be sacrificing the sideways neck movement, which isn't necessarily a bad thing to many people.

It's basically a one body for every situation. Where the narrow shoulders TT addresses one specific area that may have been overlooked when the initial TT was introduced, and if that's the case, this looks like being the standard body.

Maybe Hot Toys will pander to more kit bashers by mass producing a sculpted neck TT whenever they think that's a viable thing, but for now they'll just use the sculpted necks on their own figures, knowing if you really want one you'll buy one of their marketed figures, whilst those parting out figures are filling the kit bashers needs for the most part.

Back