Hot Toys- new True-Type (Caucasian with narrowed shoulder)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am actually getting mine in tomorrow but I am really curious to see how much narrower the shoulders are on this one compared the original

well i got it today and looked great until i opened it and saw that the peg that the short neck adapter was on is broken. I called eric at toys2 and he told me he would send me out another free of charge but that I would have to wait a few weeks for the second shipment to come in.

I found this shape of wire is better than HT old style wrap around waist type.

works better for rubber figures too. Not as tight so theres less chance of it damaging them. The new one doesn't offer much posing options though.
I'm sure theres a better way around stands that they haven't figured out yet.

I need to buy 3 of these bodys afterpaying for the hot toys pred 1.
Now all my figures wont look like body builders.:lol

I must be the only person who has no trouble standing their figures up without stands. My figures don't take dives, either. I get a lot of enjoyment out of figuring out nice poses. If you put them on a stand, it makes them look less realistic.

I actually landed 2 James Dean bodies from one of the parts websites lately for just $23 each. I don't really need the heads or hands, so it was a great deal (it's the same as this body) Looking forward to finishing my Stark, too- I have a different take in mind than the dress suit version.

I must be the only person who has no trouble standing their figures up without stands. My figures don't take dives, either. I get a lot of enjoyment out of figuring out nice poses. If you put them on a stand, it makes them look less realistic.

I actually landed 2 James Dean bodies from one of the parts websites lately for just $23 each. I don't really need the heads or hands, so it was a great deal (it's the same as this body) Looking forward to finishing my Stark, too- I have a different take in mind than the dress suit version.

I don't have trouble either, I just like to use stands.

Show some pics. I would like to see how the body looks in clothes.

works better for rubber figures too. Not as tight so theres less chance of it damaging them.

I switched out my old Superman Returns 2-in-1 stand's wire with one of the new ones for this very reason. I was worried that the pinch marks from the original wire would rub into the Lycra of the suit and permanently damage the diamond pattern.

So yeah, at the end of the day, I much prefer the new style wires. And no, I probably don't need to use them either...

But I like to. :D

I'm the same way man. Stands are banned from display.

The Joker has a hunch in the film and if you look at the poster of him in the street holding the machine gun he has very broad shoulders. perhaps a narrowed shoulder true type is not always best?

No HT may not be the best, for the correct look I'm working on an Enterbay BL body and its incredible. HT has better articulation, but enterbay looks the
part.

Got my three today. Put one on Jack Sparrow. Let me tell you guys these bodies will make a difference. Love them. BTW for people wanting to put sparrow on a slim, even with the narrowed shoulder, the mantle already has room to swim in.

Last edited:

I will always use stands just in case. Well for one thing the floorboards are loose in my room and I have no built in shelves, all I have right now is one freestanding shelf unit that wobbles on the aforementioned floorboards. So I've no choice. But even in the old house where I did have built-in shelves I never trusted my figures not to take a dive. They're too expensive to risk. I do try to be mindful of how I utilise the stands that they aren't digging in to rubber suited figures etc and leaving permanent indentations where there should be none. I don't particularly care if it detracts from the ''realism'', I think the detail on the figures speaks for itself.

Got my three today. Put one on Jack Sparrow. Let me tell you guys these bodies will make a difference. Love them. BTW for people wanting to put sparrow on a slim, even with the narrowed shoulder, the mantle already has room to swim in.

Nice! You should have snapped a few before and after pics .............. I have a couple coming with my Cop Joker order. Can't wait.

well i just got my 3... to tell you the truth, im not that impressed! maybe its just bad luck but all 3 have fairly loose torso joints, and the tightness and smoothness (word?) of that joint is one of the best features of the TT IMO the legs are a bit sticky and dont move as naturally as my older ones. also, that tony stark suit still looks terrible on this body, but thats unrelated. overall to me, these just lack the overall sturdyness and quality of the previous tom cruise head TT. But hey like I said, maybe I just had bad luck!

bodiesp.jpg

OLD TT:

jack2l.jpg

NARROW SHOULDER TT:

jack222.jpg

well i just got my 3... to tell you the truth, im not that impressed! maybe its just bad luck but all 3 have fairly loose torso joints, and the tightness and smoothness (word?) of that joint is one of the best features of the TT IMO the legs are a bit sticky and dont move as naturally as my older ones. also, that tony stark suit still looks terrible on this body, but thats unrelated. overall to me, these just lack the overall sturdyness and quality of the previous tom cruise head TT. But hey like I said, maybe I just had bad luck!

Might be. I have 3, and have opened 2 which both have perfect joints.

Back