Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My God! This is the first time for me to actually witness the so called SSC 'nit-picking' mania that everyone used to refer to on FB. My god! some guys are behaving like as if HT ruined the rest of their lives! It was disgusting when DX04 was first revealed and the 'fans' who wanted the CR Superman began to behave like as if they had been 'cheated'!! When HT had NEVER even hinted or even leaked anywhere that CR was a possibility. The fans bought it on themselves. HT saw lucrativeness in the figure and announced, then the whining 'Where is Superman'. AND NOW that some crappy 'leaks' of the figure is out we have 'Thats not Superman' and more whining in ridiculous proportions!

Damn! and I thought people on other boards and FB used to be sarcastic or exaggerated too much! So many of you guys have just become spoilt rotten... I can bet that if HT release THIS EXACT figure with NO CHANGES all you guys are STILL gonna buy it.

Now lets see some official pictures...

Welcome to the sh-itshow that is the SS boards on every damn release. This board doesn't have a bad rep on other boards for nothing. Personaly I think people over exagerate.

Just the one for me. I'll alternate the poses of my Reeve and Routh Superman figures. If one is flying, the other will be standing.

Anyone put this picture up yet.

HotToys-Supermanteaser4.jpg

That's really beautiful. I may buy one after all. The only thing that's holding me back is saving up for HT's DARK KNIGHT RISES onslaught.

Welcome to the sh-itshow that is the SS boards on every damn release. This board doesn't have a bad rep on other boards for nothing. Personaly I think people over exagerate.

Members of other boards don't know what they're missing. This board and this thread in particular is freakin' hilarious :drink

oh yeah, almost forgot: STFU Gates!!!

I think demand is being over exaggerated myself.

Possibly not. I have seen this figure mentioned places where Hot Toys isn't even usually talked about. As I said earlier, I think the Reeve Superman defined the cinematic superhero for a generation.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say he defined the superhero for a generation. There have been so many great superhero movies since then, but it's hard to break what you're exposed to when you're young. There's just something in his performance that's just so perfect.

I don't really read DC comics, and I don't really have much in the way of an attachment to them... but I will buy this figure because it's so iconic. From what I've seen, I'm not alone in that. I think people have been waiting years and years for a good representation of Reeve. I've not seen one yet. Until now.

Members of other boards don't know what they're missing. This board and this thread in particular is freakin' hilarious :drink

oh yeah, almost forgot: STFU Gates!!!

Yes it can be entertaining, but at the same time irritating with the whining. Hey, I'm just telling you what I see on other boards. Oh by the way, STFU Lejuan !!! :wave

Possibly not. I have seen this figure mentioned places where Hot Toys isn't even usually talked about. As I said earlier, I think the Reeve Superman defined the cinematic superhero for a generation.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say he defined the superhero for a generation. There have been so many great superhero movies since then, but it's hard to break what you're exposed to when you're young. There's just something in his performance that's just so perfect.

I don't really read DC comics, and I don't really have much in the way of an attachment to them... but I will buy this figure because it's so iconic. From what I've seen, I'm not alone in that. I think people have been waiting years and years for a good representation of Reeve. I've not seen one yet. Until now.

Right on the money ! I've read many people on other boards say they aren't into collecting figures, that are getting this. So true about the generation thing as well. Some of my most anticipated figures aren't from new movies...Platoon, Batman 89, CR Superman, etc

As a long-time lurker here, I'm going to brave the hailstorm and add my vote for this one in the 'win' column.

While the likeness might not be 100% accurate to Reeve, what isn't is totally, quintessentially Superman to me. It's like 95% Chris Reeve and 5% Curt Swan-drawn Supes. No doubt the best-looking Superman figure ever, even before the official pics are shown. I like it a lot!

As a long-time lurker here, I'm going to brave the hailstorm and add my vote for this one in the 'win' column.

While the likeness might not be 100% accurate to Reeve, what isn't is totally, quintessentially Superman to me. It's like 95% Chris Reeve and 5% Curt Swan-drawn Supes. No doubt the best-looking Superman figure ever, even before the official pics are shown. I like it a lot!

Good first post. Welcome to Freaks! :duff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back