Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a forum where people mainly talk about their passion for collecting statues and dollies...So, yes, it's going to do all those things. But it still won't get some people laid. :lecture

Well with others anyway...

The only reason, and i mean the only reason i will get it through SS is if they have an ex. I have no patience to wait for them to get theirs while toys2 will have theirs already along with ebay. (not with this figure, no patience must have ASAP)

The only reason, and i mean the only reason i will get it through SS is if they have an ex. I have no patience to wait for them to get theirs while toys2 will have theirs already along with ebay. (not with this figure, no patience must have ASAP)

:exactly::goodpost:

I have patience. :dunno

The first movie went way over budget and past schedule because director Richard Donner kept rejecting bad shots, insisting they get everything right. That's one of the reason the producers fired him before he could finish part 2. Richard Lester finished part 2 and did the entire part 3 and was not that picky about the quality of the shots. He finished the movies on time and within the budget. Part 4 was a different story. It was produced by a new studio who was on the verge of going bankrupt. They stole half of the money WB gave them for the budget and funneled it to other films on their way into insolvency. They also put the money they did have into getting back the original cast, thinking that would sell the movie. But then they hired the absolute cheapest, bargain-basement behind-the-scenes crew to do the special effects and post-production to try and save money.

I think the script originally called for that scene to have a backdrop of the Grand Canyon. But due to the budget problems they couldn't get those shots and pasted in a generic space backdrop.

Good bit of information. \o/

If SS is doing free shipping, they probably expect to sell a ton of these.

The site will probably bomb like when Iron Man 2 Mark II went up.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVtdagnn79A"]alohaaa[/ame]

I'm seriously considering buying 2 or 3 of these no matter the price, not for investment purposes or to horde but purely on the principle that this just might end up being the greatest 1/6th Christopher Reeve piece ever.

I was thinking the same thing. I might get two, just to vary poses, etc. etc.

I'm seriously considering buying 2 or 3 of these no matter the price, not for investment purposes or to horde but purely on the principle that this just might end up being the greatest 1/6th Christopher Reeve piece ever.

I was thinking the same as well. BUT, i kinda doubt this will be the last one. I guess we'll have to wait and see the specs. I'm kinda guessing were gonna get a Clark stand alone with S undershirt, like the Returns release. (which i would be totally fine with)

Teaser what now?

Picture106-1.jpg

I think that, once all is said and done, there is a better than even chance that more SSF forum members will own this figure than any other collectible out there. Maybe, maybe a Sideshow Boba Fett or another, fancier Vader with a higher edition size, only because there are more Star Wars collectors than all others combined, and that would be something any high end Star Wars collector would own. But nothing else I can think of.

I think he will be popular, but prolly more people will have HT T2 T-800 than they will Reeve Superman.

A very nice paintup of Erick's headsculpt by HK customiser 'rarityraider',

CRS-04.jpg

CRS-08.jpg

CRS-12.jpg

More

Hope HT's one will be able to execute this looking forward/flying pose even more properly.

Thats pretty much perfect. If HT can replicate that I will be 100% happy.

That's an amazing custom. I would definitely be happy if Hot Toys could reproduce that. I am definitely looking forward to more pictures and can't wait to preorder Supes.

Amazing work, best supes I have seen, Pity no PERS on HT version though, would have been great on poses like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back