Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they've only shown us the chin, it does seem to imply they're still working on the eyes or hair. So I'm not sure it's reasonable to assume they'd be ready to show us the rest of it just a few days later. If it was meant strictly as a short-term tease then why not show us the full torso with the whole head blacked out or in shadow? The half-head shot seems to imply they're done with the easier part of the head but not the harder part.

Offended easily? If you didn't know, I'm referring to the custom posted in the post at the link below. Great by custom standards, but not up to Hot Toys standards IMO due to the aforementioned inaccuracies.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3468607&postcount=447

Yeah, everyone knows how easily offended I get. :lol

And I'm sure you're right; HT only has the bottom half of Superman's head done. From the nose up it's an unformed lump of clay.

Last edited:
Since they've only shown us the chin, it does seem to imply they're still working on the eyes or hair. So I'm not sure it's reasonable to assume they'd be ready to show us the rest of it just a few days later. If it was meant strictly as a short-term tease then why not show us the full torso with the whole head blacked out or in shadow? The half-head shot seems to imply they're done with the easier part of the head but not the harder part.

Offended easily? If you didn't know, I'm referring to the custom posted in the post at the link below. Great by custom standards, but not up to Hot Toys standards IMO due to the aforementioned inaccuracies.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3468607&postcount=447

Or they wanted to tease us by not showing it all, hence the word Teaser?:dunno

I'm going with this guy. Could be wrong....but I'm still going with this guy. :lol

Yep. They're doing the same teaser campaign as they did with Depps Todd figure. They showed the chair, a few days later showed half of deeps face, then the full reveal about a week or so later.

That's what I anticipate happening with this anyway.

Last edited:
mms139re4alicepr18.jpg

Don't forget HT also teased Cannibal Jack v2 before Supes. So I'd be very surprised to see him revealed before June. They might even keep him back for SDCC. Might as well at this point.

Screw it! If you're right, I'm gonna avoid looking at this thread until I see the official 1/6 hot toys superman thread. I can't take this anticipation, speculation and waiting anymore. I already went through that with the other thread. The disappointment of a non-reveal is making me not like HT a lot.

For all we know, we could be waiting for another half year.

What the hell does that have to do with Hot Toys' Superman?! :dunno :lol

Hot Toys Community have posted their Fanside interview with Arnie Kim on Facebook. He seems to imply the figure isn't a DX to keep the price down and make it more easily affordable for the masses. That being said he doesn't sound that sure :dunno

Hot Toys Community have posted their Fanside interview with Arnie Kim on Facebook. He seems to imply the figure isn't a DX to keep the price down and make it more easily affordable for the masses. That being said he doesn't sound that sure :dunno

I was referring to the critique of the custom head. :lol

Arnie making that comment is kinda odd. Makes me wonder if HT's accessory padding and slapping a $250 price tag on this. Might be why Sideshow's offering free shipping, an incentive to keep people interested.

Arnie Kim is the king of ambiguity

You can see the figure all blured on Tommy's monitor in this teaser
It looks as if there is no Clark :( I hope I am wrong

Hate to say it but with it not being a DX the chances of a Clark are slim to none i think. They will bring out a Clark i bet......there not stupid these people :wave

Hate to say it but with it not being a DX the chances of a Clark are slim to none i think. They will bring out a Clark i bet......there not stupid these people :wave

I don't think DX has anything to do with it. T1 had two looks, so did the T-1000, so did the Superman Returns figure. I hope they do decided to make a Clark in the future.

I don't care if this is a bare bones figure and Clark Kent isn't included.
Let the line have some longevity and let them milk it for all it's worth.

If it's included great, I'll end up buying multiples regardless. If it's not apart of this set, it will be later. I'd be perfectly content with a great, single Superman figure with a stand, alternate hands and a few accessories.

Superman doesn't really lend himself to multiple options anyway. Not like Batman, Terminator, or a few other characters anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back