Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked ebay...Jor el is selling for $950...one left..arrrghh!!

it's not selling for $950, it's a buy it now for $950. big difference and there's no way the seller is going to get that price.

it's not selling for $950, it's a buy it now for $950. big difference and there's no way the seller is going to get that price.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly: This is how prices get over-inflated.

Last three Jor Els:

May 15th - sold for $205.12 (auction)

May 19th - sold for $350.00 (best offer)

May 21st - sold for $350.00 (best offer)

I want a Jor-el but i can already tell the prices are gonna shoot up since the Reeve is coming along. Ill probly do a custom Jor-el instread and save on cost. My resources are going twords Superman now.

mms139re4alicepr18.jpg

Don't forget HT also teased Cannibal Jack v2 before Supes. So I'd be very surprised to see him revealed before June. They might even keep him back for SDCC. Might as well at this point.

Well Alice was a long time coming in terms of they had the damn proto a while back with a mask over it's face and said nothing else since... I don't think it'll impact Supes reveal, I'm HT wants to get the _____ing to stop about where is Superman and get the his clavicle is too long photoshops begun.

It'll most likely be at the Tokyo Toy Fair which runs from Thursday, June 16, to Sunday, June 19, 2011. Last year we saw 30 different pieces as well as announcements. I'm not saying that he won't be at SDCC especially with SSC now distributing it but it won't premiere there I'm sure.

Why is everyone assuming that Supes won't be shown until a convention later in the year? Haven't HT reveled multiple releases in a week before?

Since they've only shown us the chin, it does seem to imply they're still working on the eyes or hair. So I'm not sure it's reasonable to assume they'd be ready to show us the rest of it just a few days later. If it was meant strictly as a short-term tease then why not show us the full torso with the whole head blacked out or in shadow? The half-head shot seems to imply they're done with the easier part of the head but not the harder part.

Of course the custom is a great sculpt by anything but the strictest standards. However there is room for improvement. The figure makes him looks older than he should because there are too many lines, too much furrowing in the brow and forehead. He looks about 40 years old here. Also, the sides of the mouth look a little too scrunched in, "lemon-sucking" style. His cheeks were just a tad fuller than that. And not a fault of the sculpt, but the 48-hour drug-bender bags painted under the eyes are a problem.

What the hell are you talking about?

Offended easily? If you didn't know, I'm referring to the custom posted in the post at the link below. Great by custom standards, but not up to Hot Toys standards IMO due to the aforementioned inaccuracies.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3468607&postcount=447

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back