Hot Toys' New - Comic Masterpiece Series: FRIEND

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys' New - Comic Masterpiece Series

I can't believe that this is the character for the spoon teaser. That is so lame. Hot Toys had to know people would guess it was a Matrix character. I guess that's why they call it a teaser. Epic fail.:slap

So we still don't know this dorky characters name??? Let's call him Finger-Bang :lecture.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :rotfl :lol

I've been drinking a little tonight....but THAT...was funny!

Captain Finger-Bang if you will. INSTANT purchase now!

Nice Flosi!

I can't believe that this is the character for the spoon teaser. That is so lame. Hot Toys had to know people would guess it was a Matrix character. I guess that's why they call it a teaser. Epic fail.:slap

Let me bring up the teaser again:

40725_443327727343_58690437343_5701011_6799841_n.jpg

I think A LOT of people failed to see that it says Tokyo there. It's not meant for the West. and we honestly don't know how big that manga is there in Japan. Epic Fail? Well yes, but not for Hot Toys. Just for all those who kept their hopes up in their speculation.

whos this retard character?

He's from the Japanese manga "20th Century Boys". It actually has a quite a good story, and has a large following.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_Century_Boys

And to all the people bashing this, I'd understand if it was actually a bad product, but to bash it just because you know nothing about it and are not willing to accept the possibility that this might actually be well received outside your comfort zone is just being ignorant. This is just the same as saying that there is no point in creating left-handed objects or peripherals, just because lefties are only 13% of the world population.

Remember, Hot Toys was once unknown to most of us when it was still producing just military related products, before it when into mainstream products such as Iron Man or Batman.

believe me it suck for me also... i had high hopes this should have been matrix and bats original costume but it's not... but bashing is not good... don't forget that hot toys made us very happy. and this co. is from hk, china... anime is so hot there... peace to all ya bro!!!

I didn't see a spoon once in that trailer. I still don't get it. Maybe if it was a hand with the index finger sticking out since that's what this guy seems to be doing often in pictures and that trailer.

that's what people didn't get. it's an obscure tease. one of his accessories is the bent spoon, So i assume it's in the manga somewhere.

Bear in mind it's from the manga, not the movie.

I just find it funny how you guys hate manga and anime. Yet you guys watched shows like Dragonball Z, Digimon, Pokemon, Yugioh, Voltron. The list goes on and on. So just because they showed a teaser that wasn't what you wanted, doesn't mean it was an epic fail. After the superman incident, you would think to take HT with a grain of salt on their announcements.

And people will fall into the same trap over and over and over again. They never learn.

Why exactly is this in the Marvel section?

becuase this figure included the anouncement of the comic masterpiece series....

so it's a glimmer of hope for marvel comic figures.

And to all the people bashing this, I'd understand if it was actually a bad product, but to bash it just because you know nothing about it and are not willing to accept the possibility that this might actually be well received outside your comfort zone is just being ignorant. This is just the same as saying that there is no point in creating left-handed objects or peripherals, just because lefties are only 13% of the world population.

Remember, Hot Toys was once unknown to most of us when it was still producing just military related products, before it when into mainstream products such as Iron Man or Batman.
I just started collecting this year, but weren't most of the military characters they created also American? The fact is that Hot Toys is where they're at today because of American Pop Culture. If they want to make a lame figure that's their choice. But it was just cruel to put a teaser that seemed like it had to be the Matrix. And if you want to defend them, I don't give a rats @$$ what you say, since you are as lame as this character.

Was that supposed to convince us? :rotfl

Not feeling it.

Nobody should try and pull the Asian card either. I'm sure Asian fans are upset by this as well. They were right there on facebook chanting MATRIX, MATRIX, MATRIX. This figure/character/whatever the hell is just stupid. It would be no different if Hot Toys decided to make the AMERICAN Paste Pot Pete comic character in 1/6 form. I don't need to know the material to understand that a guy with an index finger, a huge outdated video game controller and weird multiple anime carnival masks is moronic.

Stupid is Stupid. If they did something like Dragon Ball Z though it would have been fine and I'd accept it. I'm not even a fan of it either and I despise anime.

Last edited:

I just started collecting this year, but weren't most of the military characters they created also American? The fact is that Hot Toys is where they're at today because of American Pop Culture. If they want to make a lame figure that's their choice. But it was just cruel to put a teaser that seemed like it had to be the Matrix. And if you want to defend them, I don't give a rats @$$ what you say, since you are as lame as this character.

And so, Hot Toys should just cater to just American Pop Culture? Also last I checked Japan is one of their biggest consumers. So _____ their pop culture? Oh, wait! Where is HT based? HK? Oh _____ them making other Asian pop culture icons! Let me ask: has HT abandoned the West? Look at how much Western influenced figures HT made vs. Asian ones. Go count them. I'll wait.

Oh, and by the way: This figure is limited to 2500, 2000 of which will be limited to Japan, which is the main target of this teaser anyway, not the US. Boo hoo for the people who clung on to their speculation and then started hating because they were proven wrong.

Your way of thinking is just so lame sir.

Last edited:

I'll be interested in a Batman, Superman, and Wolverine myself. I also hope they take a slice of the Dragonball pie since I'm not too hot with Medicom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back