Hot Toys' New - Comic Masterpiece Series: FRIEND

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys' New - Comic Masterpiece Series

@ Lejuan and Grosby:

Yes, that is called the Furley_Ghost Syndrome. It a affects a few of the world's population. It's thankfully noncontagious but those afflicted by it are really pitiful.

@ stupid:

Read Lejuan's post. He was able to describe you almost to a t.

As for this:

"My only contradiction thus far is giving you a response right now. Show me where I contradicted myself otherwise. "

It's the mere fact that you state that you don't care what HT churns out, yet still state how pissed off you are that they didn't release a Matrix figure, but instead released a 20th Century Boys figure. If you don't care, why get pissed? Stating an opinion? Then doesn't that mean you DO care? Wow, you're so full of contradictions.

Then you start so say that American pop culture > than the rest of the world. Sorry boy, no one here agrees with your racism. Again, I'm not dissing American Pop culture, but it's not high and mighty above everything else in the world that it should be the only thing that matters, even to those that aren't American.

It's really amazing how you keep digging your own grave. I won't even comment about the technology you keep shoveing since there are multitudes of technologies that you enjoy that aren't US-made. Wow, you've really set yourself at a new low. Please, feel free to make new comments. At the least, we all have something to laugh at and it reminds us that the human race still have a few kinks in the gene pool.

And yes as Lejuan said, Charles Babbage invented the computer. Lady Ada King, Countess of Lovelace is credited as the first computer programmer. And unless London is in the US, I'd say she's English as well. BTW, have you already counted the various technologies that you enjoy that didn't originate in the US?

BTW I was never dissing the US. I'm actually dissing YOU for being a redneck. That's a BIG difference there. I'm not suggesting that the American influence isn't the strongest. But I'm stating the fact that it's NOT the only one that matters, something that you keep implying.

Man, you're the only living person that I can say can lay claim to two titles: one is Dumb, the other is Dumber.

You are truly retarted. For the fifth time, it's the teaser. Get it!!!!! Stop trying to give me ethics lessons. The figure is lame and so is anyone that likes it. That is my opinion, if anyone wants to mistake this as a factual statement. Obviously you people don't get to live in a free country where people are free to speak their mind. I will say whatever the hell I want to. And if you can't understand any of this, shut the Fu€ up. Forums are meant for people to speak their mind. Yet everyone here gets butthurt if you don't agree with them. It's almost as if you all will take it up the a$$ if Hot Toys is the one giving it to you.

I would've never guessed "Friend" from 20th Century Boys. I didn't even know what the heck that was until HT "revealed" it. :p

As I expected, some of the Matrix fans are having a conniption, lol.

You are truly retarted. For the fifth time, it's the teaser. Get it!!!!! Stop trying to give me ethics lessons. The figure is lame and so is anyone that likes it. That is my opinion, if anyone wants to mistake this as a factual statement. Obviously you people don't get to live in a free country where people are free to speak their mind. I will say whatever the hell I want to. And if you can't understand any of this, shut the Fu€ up. Forums are meant for people to speak their mind. Yet everyone here gets butthurt if you don't agree with them. It's almost as if you all will take it up the a$$ if Hot Toys is the one giving it to you.

Aah yes, another embarrassment :) Thanks you for giving us these funny insights to a deranged person's mind :)

For the fifth time, it's the teaser.

Yet, in the same paragraph:

The figure is lame and so is anyone that likes it.

So which is which, the teaser, the figure, the people who would eventually buy the figure, or your life?

That is my opinion, if anyone wants to mistake this as a factual statement.

I think it's safe to say that no one here thinks you're making factual statements. In fact it's only you and your imaginary friend that agrees with what you're saying.

Obviously you people don't get to live in a free country where people are free to speak their mind.

We do, the only difference is that we have the intellect to make sound conversation.

I will say whatever the hell I want to.

Which is the difference between an educated person with manners and an idiot, even if just by way of having manners, and of course common sense that you seem to lack.

Forums are meant for people to speak their mind.

And yet it is not your personal domain that you can just say anything you want.

I will say whatever the hell I want to. And if you can't understand any of this, shut the Fu€ up.

So you exert your right to freedom of speech, yet disallow us to express ours. That's high and mighty of you.

Please, keep "expressing". It's really quite fun to read. I would LOVE to read more "bright ideas" from you.

Well, if HT is going to launch only Japanese comic characters for this line, it should be called Anime Masterpiece or Manga Masterpiece.

Well, if HT is going to launch only Japanese comic characters for this line, it should be called Anime Masterpiece or Manga Masterpiece.

They did have an Anime Masterpiece, but it turned out to be a one-shot. The figure was Golgo 13. I'm hoping they continue that line as well.

So this actually is what the spoon was from! DAMN! No Matrix figures again!

092234omjg2i8t8g2ummpp.jpg

have to say this does not seem to be a good sculpt of Urasawa's art IMO. (though I probably would keep him on the hooded head anyway) HT always seem to just lack that last bit of touch that really captures 2D characters.

That is...by far...the single most retarded character I´ve ever seen.
What the hell is this!!?!??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_Century_Boys

If you read about it, this Friend character is kind of bad@$$. Well, not enough for me to be thrilled in buying one, but interesting nevertheless. It's quite big in Japan (spawning quite a few movies, etc), hence the reason why 2000 of 2500 will be sold exclusively to that country. The remaining 500 just seems like consideration for the few outside Japan who follow the manga. That alone indicates that HT knows that this figure won't garner global appeal, but would sell well in their intended target.

092256l7tmirls8araemai.jpg

That's a stacked set of accessories. 5 unique ways to display the figure. However Don't see anyone (who is a fan and isn't just a detractor) displaying any sculpt except the main hooded one.

I loved Urasawa's 20th Century boys as well as his take of Astro Boy (Pluto)...I'd love to see an entire set of figures based on his work...heck an Astro from Pluto would look amazing next to the Astro HT has already done...

As for the comic series, I'm glad they are getting into the Manga game. If you wanted anything from any of these properties Medicom was pretty much the only game in town. Heck I'd love to see a whole set of Tezuka figures (getting back to HT's roots). However what would really BLOW me away would be figures based on Matsumoto's Yamato universe (yes I know they are technically anime, but comics do exist for most of them...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back