Hot Toys' New - Comic Masterpiece Series: FRIEND

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys' New - Comic Masterpiece Series

I'm not from asia and I hate anime.

Figure looks like crap. It's strange, stupid looking and I don't like it. I could see if it was Dragon Ball Z or something, but I bet it's only appreciated by a niche audience.

The only thing decent about it is that new Comic Masterpiece Series icon. This could open the doors up to a comic Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Hulk etc. Those are actually WANTED, not weird pointy finger dudes with a strange mask and monkey head accessory.

They're not Movie/Comic/Music icons if you don't know who the hell they are. International or Worldwide.

Niche audience being all of Asia?! :cuckoo: Get over yourself. Hot Toys caters to a bigger demographic than western countries. I'm not interested either but guess what? Don't buy it. SIMPLES

American comics > Anything else from other countries. Also animé is for retard IMO.

Except for the sexy kind....:monkey3

Putting this thread in the Marvel section is just cruel.

Agreed, why through this in here when there isn't a Marvel attached to it? This thread belongs in general especially since if/when there is a Marvel it'll have seventeen threads in here already.

People never learn. Speculating HT intent is fruitless ie Dx 04 and the most recent teaser. A Marvel comic license would be cool but until it is officially announced with pics, I won't hold my breath.

Niche audience being all of Asia?! :cuckoo: Get over yourself. Hot Toys caters to a bigger demographic than western countries. I'm not interested either but guess what? Don't buy it. SIMPLES

No, you missed my point. Asia is by no means a niche audience. Whatever that thing is though, I'm sure it has a small following. Asians love western ____. Terminator, Batman, you name it. Compare it to this, this thing and it's hardly an icon.

Look at their facebook. Most of the comments were from Asian collectors and NONE of them guessed that the bent spoon meant this fruit cake. They guess and wanted Matrix 1/6 figures as much as we all did.

That thing is DUMB. Like I said, I could see if it was Dragonball Z or some other well known famous Asian stuff but that's pretty random.

Don't want. Won't buy. Hope it sells poorly.

Bring on Hot Toys Comic characters of Thor,Captain America,Dr.Doom,Iron Man we can dream right

No, you missed my point. Asia is by no means a niche audience. Whatever that thing is though, I'm sure it has a small following. Asians love western ____. Terminator, Batman, you name it. Compare it to this, this thing and it's hardly an icon.

Look at their facebook. Most of the comments were from Asian collectors and NONE of them guessed that the bent spoon meant this fruit cake. They guess and wanted Matrix 1/6 figures as much as we all did.

That thing is DUMB. Like I said, I could see if it was Dragonball Z or some other well known famous Asian stuff but that's pretty random.

Don't want. Won't buy. Hope it sells poorly.

Yeah true it looks crap and I have pretty much zero interest in any of these figures let alone that random one. All the same I just see it as money saved although i'm still gutted we've got no Matrix or Keaton Bats.

Bring on Hot Toys Comic characters of Thor,Captain America,Dr.Doom,Iron Man we can dream right

Hell give me my 1/6 Comic Galactus while we are at it. Go big or go home.

F%*K, F%*K, F%*K, still no HT Neo or Agent Smith!!!

:lol This thread has 3 pages, MJ's has 4, and the Batman/Scarecrow one has 20.

Gee, wonder why HT's keeps producing Batman figures?!?! Obviously no one cares or is interested in the least. :dunno

Are you freaking kidding me? No Neo? No Agent Smith? That's BS man!

m_agent_smith.jpg

American comics > Anything else from other countries.

Also animé is for retard IMO.

Before you call all manga and anime crap... might I suggest Battle Royale to you Shai?

i think you might like it.

I agree with Lerath. There are a lot of gems out there.

I'm actually fairly familiar with the series 20th Century Boys, from which this new figure is from, but I still think it's an odd pick for HT. It's something that I'd expect Medicom to do, since they are a Japanese based company, not Hot Toys (though Hot Toys does have a Japan branch).

I'm not sure how popular 20th Century Boys is in Japan, but I bet that it's nowhere as popular as most other contemporary Anime/Manga out there right now.

If HT is trying to make a big push into the Japanese market, they could have picked something better, imo. And teasing everybody with an image of a bent spoon is just cruel.

I'd like to see HT tackle Death note personaly.

I've got the medi figrures in storage, but I'm terrified they're gonna break, so I don't touch them.

It would be better if he came with a "flipping the bird" hand instead of the index finger. It would be appropriate too, after this spoon bull____.

Figure of the year ammirite?

39601_458698269752_521734752_5357472_6633777_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back