Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed the boat on this one. Ended up getting the Mark VI instead. Given all the complaints on fading and proportion issues, I am glad I didn't try getting this in aftermarket. This is however, the only suit I will definitely buy in diecast! (Presumably, coming after the release of IP, Mark XLII & Heartbreaker)

Hi Fellows, I humbly ask your advice on my Iron Man 3 BD. Although I look after my items, somehow various bits on him broke anyway.

Negatives:
Pink panties and abs. I can maybe fix this...
Spring went in shoulder munition pod, so I removed the other too. They are included (fine if don't want to display them!).
Spring went in left shoulder pauldron (poses fine, just a little "loose")
Small metal flap broke from under back flap. (fine if you keep them closed!)

Positives:
Original box and all pieces (including awesome stand!)
Modded abs - extended width. Looks MUCH better than any BD I've seen.
Modded neckpost - removed ball joint. Head sits much lower now (and can bend lower too!).

I feel this would be an excellent "Hall of Armour" for someone not wanting to pay eBay prices. I see that people have bought it for £230 - £330 recently. I reckon the positives outweigh most of the negatives (particularly the ab widening). What do you think? Any advice on price? Anyone fancy having it?

20130918_222737.jpg

Hi Fellows, I humbly ask your advice on my Iron Man 3 BD. Although I look after my items, somehow various bits on him broke anyway.

Negatives:
Pink panties and abs. I can maybe fix this...
Spring went in shoulder munition pod, so I removed the other too. They are included (fine if don't want to display them!).
Spring went in left shoulder pauldron (poses fine, just a little "loose")
Small metal flap broke from under back flap. (fine if you keep them closed!)

Positives:
Original box and all pieces (including awesome stand!)
Modded abs - extended width. Looks MUCH better than any BD I've seen.
Modded neckpost - removed ball joint. Head sits much lower now (and can bend lower too!).

I feel this would be an excellent "Hall of Armour" for someone not wanting to pay eBay prices. I see that people have bought it for £230 - £330 recently. I reckon the positives outweigh most of the negatives (particularly the ab widening). What do you think? Any advice on price? Anyone fancy having it?

20130918_222737.jpg

The rarity of this piece is what makes it still valuable, despite its flaws, but it definitely looks outdated as hell proportions wise. I'm sure that one of the Freaks would be happy to take it off your hands in the sales area, but the looming chance of a diecast remake coming might make people be wary of paying market prices.

Hi All,
I have seen quite a few posts of Pink Panties, Abs and Neck and can sympathize with many trying to find solutions.

I am a massive Iron Man fan and have pretty much every armor and most versions released. I started fixing the panties out of personal preference but am now doing it for local collectors in Australia.

It can be done with just a little practice, patience and commitment. If members are in Australia, let me know. This figure is a quite a bit of work, but seeing the excitement on some collector's faces is fantastic. Here's a few of the last collector's Mark III BD completed yesterday.

Also attached is a before an after (my figure).

Back