Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fixed? I repainted all that was necessary. Stripped, cleaned, undercoated and repainted.

I Just finished off this one for a friend attached. It had a stack of issues as the original owner thought he could strip the abs and panties and accidently hit a lot of stuff. Also did a crap job trying and was a total idiot. Some people should just not do it.

My friend bought this for $100. I repainted the shoulder flaps (where the missiles pop-out), the right side of the back and hip, knobby parts of the back of the leg joints (where the panties sit on), the Abs, neck and panties. I'm about to add the Battle Damage shortly on this.

Fixed? I repainted all that was necessary. Stripped, cleaned, undercoated and repainted.

I Just finished off this one for a friend attached. It had a stack of issues as the original owner thought he could strip the abs and panties and accidently hit a lot of stuff. Also did a crap job trying and was a total idiot. Some people should just not do it.

My friend bought this for $100. I repainted the shoulder flaps (where the missiles pop-out), the right side of the back and hip, knobby parts of the back of the leg joints (where the panties sit on), the Abs, neck and panties. I'm about to add the Battle Damage shortly on this.

What color and brand of paints did you use?

Mr Hobby (Mr. Clear) GX111 - undercoat.
Gaia Clear Red 041.

Gold - apply until you cannot see red rubber through paint.

Red - apply a few layers until paint nearly matches. Do not over-do it in one go. Leave overnight to dry/cure. Apply final layer until it matches.

Note - you must level out the paint at about 30%.
Gaia Brushmaster T-06 is best for lacquer paints.

A 2.0 Die caste of this suit - while expensive - could possibly be my perfect suit!

If they went all out, made it a deluxe figure with new head sculpt, helmet reveal, battle damage & clean parts and a cool display base..... I shudder at the thought of the price tag, but I'd be hard pressed not to buy!

hi guys, i like the mark iii BD a lot, which is a reasonable price for a mark iii BD?, on ebay the cheapest price I've seen is USD 1,050, should I buy it? or wait out one reissue in the future? how much is the maximum price you would pay for the figure right now? thanks!!!

hi guys, i like the mark iii BD a lot, which is a reasonable price for a mark iii BD?, on ebay the cheapest price I've seen is USD 1,050, should I buy it? or wait out one reissue in the future? how much is the maximum price you would pay for the figure right now? thanks!!!

No way I would pay that much,i would say wait,there Gonna do a 2.0 eventually

No way I would pay that much,i would say wait,there Gonna do a 2.0 eventually

considering that they have already released two versions, I do not know when they might launch a third reissue with all the figures that are coming (cap america, avengers, bttf, robocop, predator), could be a diecast one but would be more expensive so...

Everyone has their limits, if you want something bad enough and have the coin then spend away.

You're right, we all have our limits, I also not would pay such a high price like that (USD 1,050), but they are offering me one at USD 625 including shipping brand new, I think it's okay but I want more feedback =)

Seeing as hes the only one from the first 7 that really needs a redo (mk 5 maybe but what evvs) Its not even like it would be hard, take mk2 2.0, paint red and gold, profit?

$1000+ for a BD version??? Totally not worth it! It doesn't even look that good compared to the first release. They're both off, but if I had to choose one, I would go for the first issue.
HT will most likely take the AU mkii and fill the rivet holes and slap some paint on it.

You're right, we all have our limits, I also not would pay such a high price like that (USD 1,050), but they are offering me one at USD 625 including shipping brand new, I think it's okay but I want more feedback =)

If their asking price exceeds your limit then pass, especially if this figure is not a grail for you. Collector's are pretty much in agreement the Mark 3 needs the 2.0 treatment but that discussion has been going on for years...

Back