Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Battle Damaged Mark 3 today and it's a fantastic figure. I missed out on getting the original Mark 3, so I had to get this. I already had the Mark 1, and now the only other Iron Man figure I want is the Mark 6 (and maybe the Mark 5 as well).

Just pick up mine at local store. He looks awesome but I might sell it back on ebay. I've already got war machine and mark iv on pre-order. Can't affort to have all of them.

So as I mentioned he arrived yesterday and last night I had a chance to unbox him and play around. I am very, very happy with him, and so glad that I sold my original Mark III and replaced him with the battle-damaged version. The Mark III figure was easily the most disappointing Hot Toys figure I have owned, while the battle-damaged version has shot right to the top as my favorite Hot Toys figure. The metallic finish is absolutely fantastic, and addresses one of my biggest issues with the plastic-looking Mark III. It makes him feel higher-quality too, for some reason. People have said that the battle-damaged version is far more fragile than the original Mark III, but I find the exact opposite to be true. I think the battle-damaged version feels sturdier and of higher quality, especially the flaps and panels (which actually stay in place — not true for my original Mark III).

He does have improved waste articulation (he can actually turn at the waste), although shoulder articulation has suffered due to the panels that hide the pop-out shoulder cannons getting in the way of the oversized shoulder pads. He can no longer look up at all, but now he can look down; probably because they moved the electronics for the eyes into the neck. The missile launcher on his left arm is greatly improved — the missiles look much better and are pointing in the right direction at all times. All of the new gizmos are of course great, and give this figure a huge boost in fun value. While it's still disappointing that we didn't get the real headsculpt intended for this figure, any head inside the helmet is better than the headsculpt that came with the original mark III figure.

Going to try and take some photos in the coming days.

Im worried about handleing this figure when I get it... Does anyone who has already owns one who has played around with theres do finger prints show up on the finshed Metallic paint??? This maybe the first figure a where gloves with when I handle it.... I dont feel like a dork saying that...

Picture Time

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Re: Picture Time

Must repost these absolutely Gorgeous pics from Spanbauer for those who missed it. VERY NICE work Spanbauer, this Piece looks incredibly Cool.
Thanks pjam! I am so very happy with this figure — he's easily my new favorite. With the new Iron Man 2 figures being announced I hesitated about whether or not I should get him, but I am so very glad that I did.

Great pics! Sigh... every time I think about skipping this in favor of the Mark IV... I see more pictures and I change my mind. I don't have the Mark III... I want a Mark VI... I'm just torn about getting both a BD III and the IV or one or the other... or just waiting until the VI eventually makes an appearance.

Great pics! Sigh... every time I think about skipping this in favor of the Mark IV... I see more pictures and I change my mind. I don't have the Mark III... I want a Mark VI... I'm just torn about getting both a BD III and the IV or one or the other... or just waiting until the VI eventually makes an appearance.
I think both the Mark IV and War Machine figures are short on features and polish for the price they're asking, which is the same as the Mark III battle-damage, who in my opinion gives you the most bang for the buck.

imbd1.jpg

This is what IM stuff I have displayed for now :p still waiting for the return of MII and MI coming out of hiding :D

Im sick that I dont have this yet... Its ordered at BBTS but its taking so long for them to get it... My Mark I and Mark II wont look complete until this bad boy is standing next to them...

so to people who already have this in hand, did you ordered them from a Hong Kong dealer or through US/UK dealers?

Back