Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love if this did indeed have the prototype sculpt ..but as stated b4 we will more then likely see it or something similar in the ironman 2 line.
I 4 one am not that annoyed as i never owned mark 2 and i wont end up with basically 2 of the same sculpt ..the figure will still be badass as its pretty much everything the m3 v1 should have been ..and from what i have seen of the mark 4 Armour and the triangle chested one ..mark 5 or Extremis Armor i think its called ..i still prefer the m3 ..but a may change my mind after seeing the film.

At this point I also prefer the Mk III armor over the Mk IV, we'll see if that changes after the next movie.

I wonder if the delay in other Marvel announcements is somehow related.

HT announced their Marvel license in July 2009. The only figure thus far is Blade II. Other Marvel character's such as Wolverine (announced in April) and Ironman (Battle-damage and Tech-Suit Tony Stark) were announced either before July or came from an exisiting line. I do not consider them part of the characters from the July announcement. Pics of Ghost Rider have been floating around awhile but no offical announcement.

HT announced the Terminator 2 line in January 2010 and they have two figures thus far (T-800 and Sarah Connor). Two figures in two months proves their ability to turn out product.

It makes me wonder why the delay in the Marvel area :confused:

Blade II? Be glad it came out then cause Wesley Snipes was in hiding for a long while from the IRS, not? He couldn't have approved it being a fugitive and all :D

Last edited:
lol! hopefully the royalties from the figure will help him come out of hiding. :D

haha well I hear the amount he owes is A LOT! well him being in financial trouble explains why his likeliness gotton approved so fast and having him being the first out of the gate then, he really needed every penny :rotfl

haha well I hear the amount he owes is A LOT! well him being in financial trouble explains why his likeliness gotton approved so fast and having him being the first out of the gate then, he really needed every penny :rotfl

Lol! I heard it was 14 mil, sheesh, those direct to TV movies didnt help. Haha yup i think he did need every penny, thats why it got out hella fast :rotfl

sad to think that his last movie released in a theater was Blade 3 :monkey2

I am glad I didn't preorder. The prototype sculpt may be reserved for Iron Man Mark 4,5,6 figures.

HT needs to reduce the price now.

It is not worth as much w an inferior recycled HS. I was jazzed about the badass HS, this, not so much. HT completely blew this.

The first prototype was much better. It was much closer to RDJ IMHO.

This is what should've been. Maybe HT is saving it for the DX version. :(
bdprotohead1.jpg

If I'm being honest I don't see a Downey Jnr likeness in that sculpt.
And seriously if you want a MK III get this one, because there sure as hell will not be a DX version

So is Hot Toys ever going to show the Stark head or is that just going to be a surprise when its released? :rolleyes:

That lack of a head sculpt reveal is really strange. I can only remember thus happening with the Kane figure and we know how that turned out...

I predict a 'backstage' pic of the Stark head from HT moments before the figure releases.

I'm not worried. If the mech test Tony sculpt is anything to go by, I'm sure this one will turn out fine.

Wow! Those were all said on the 9th! :lol

I now worry about the overall finishing of this figure, may look alot different from the prototype, worse I mean :horror

I ment the other one not the MarkII repaint.

I'm saying if they just used the repaint from the begining.

Well, if they had done the show & tell routine with the reused head from the beginning this would be a different situation. I'd have been less excited for the figure overall, but at least we'd have known what we were getting, yes? And whatever changes might have occurred from page 1 of this thread to now would have been for the better.

As it stands, what's done is done. Hot Toys showed that prototype sculpt, said it was a Kojun sculpt, and months later, what we're getting is neither of those.

I already paid off my pre-order for this in full, so it' isn't like I'm not willing to give it a fair shake once it arrives. But already I know my opinion on it has gone down a bit.

The sculpt never 'blew me away' anyways and for me not a selling point. A bit cheap to give us a rehashed sculpt after all this time. There'd be a lot of people pissed if HT did this with the Mech Test version and gave us a repainted version of the one that came with the MarkIII.

Back