Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing I don't understand is why the licensor have a say over the creative process/artists work? I think that's a little backward coz the licensor doesn't even have an eye for beauty/awesomeness and yet they get to choose and have the final say on the look of the final product? :confused:

yes i can imagine now rdj to go in his bed every night and cannot sleep because he had to decide what headsculpt hot toys can use for a figure...the same happens for all the approvals that he gave lately so he is with no sleep for the last two years...unfortunatelly the problem will go on for the next figures approval that he has to give permission...please hot toys don't underestimate our IQ...i believe ht had to hurry up to sell their figure before iron man 2 cames out on cinemas so they decided to go on with mass production of the old head which i thing is not so time-consuming to be built up...the same is happening with video games...

if is possible someone please put a link on the ht facebook page just to see peoples reaction

Just seems like a cop out to me. I'm waiting for IM2 before I invest in my 'ultimate Iron Man collectible'.

Oh dear..all this whining reminds me of just why i hate Hot Toys threads. If you dont like, dont buy...simple as a pimple

their is many people that has preorder the figure for the general look...(meaning the headsculpt) what is gong to happen now if people is no happy anymore with what it will take for their money?

What I don't understand is why they couldn't just go back to the drawing board after their prospective sculpts were rejected by the licensors. I mean, they approved the Mech Test sculpt. What's the difference there? Why would RDJ and the licensors approve that sculpt and not the one for the BD figure? Could they not just use the Mech Test sculpt and shove into a helmet? That would have been better, I think. It's not as if it would turn off potential customers of the Mech Test figure. There are people who only want a normal Tony sculpt and not a helmeted one.

Overall it isn't that big a deal to me, but still a slight let down. A lot of the frustration in here is warranted, I think. Chalk it up to not understanding the intricacies of license and actor approval, but this couldn't have been the only route for Hot Toys. It couldn't have been. Delay the darn thing if need be.

Also, the onus was on them to provide a good result after cockteasing for the last few months. Showing a preliminary sculpt when they shouldn't have, claiming it was from Kojun, and then removing it and replacing it with a blurred out image. What a tease and what a way to skyrocket expectations (especially after showing the quality that is the Mech Test sculpt).

I seriousely interpret the latest statement from HT that the studio or more likely RDj never gotton around on time to approve the new sculpts and hence HT ended up reusing the old approved one. Imagine you being RDJ shooting movies for millions may just not find the time during the day to approve a sculpt from some Chinese toy comany that he has not much interest in for money he is not keen on (I can't imagine it being a lot? compared to his movie salary that is)
Worse yet his agent never gotton around presenting this to him. I suspect like anyhting in this world you have to impress the other party with money or have a great pre-existing relationship in place in order to get anything accomplished and I doubt HT has strings to pull either one :( Now if RDJ is a collector already that be a differnet story but ....... not likely :(

Last edited:
Well now we know why it took so long to see the HS.

And maybe I'm late to the party, but what I don't get is if there's no RDJ HS sans-helmet, what's the point of the Sideshow Exclusive?

9005511_press02-001.jpg

Well now we know why it took so long to see the HS.

And maybe I'm late to the party, but what I don't get is if there's no RDJ HS sans-helmet, what's the point of the Sideshow Exclusive?

9005511_press02-001.jpg

There was never any word that there was going to be a helmet-less Tony sculpt included with the BD Iron Man figure. :confused:

The crushed helmet is just a bonus item.

I seriousely interpret the latest statement from HT that the studio or more likely RDj never gotton around on time to approve the new sculpts and hence HT ended up reusing the old approved one. Imagine you being RDJ shooting movies for millions may just not find the time during the day to approve a sculpt from some Chinese toy comany that he has not much interest in for money he is not keen on (I can't imagine it being a lot? compared to his movie salary that is)
Worse yet his agent never gotton around presenting this to him. I suspect like anyhting in this world you have to impress the other party with money or have a great pre-existing relationship in place in order to get anything accomplished and I doubt H has strings to pull either one :( Now if RDJ is a collector already that be a differnet story but ....... not likely :(

That's good speculation, but I don't know. You'd think HT and RDJ's and the Iron Man handlers would have a decent working relationship, especially after having gone through the license approval dance on how many figures already? And with Iron Man 2 on the way?

Ultimately, all that behind the scenes stuff with licenses shouldn't matter to us. What's brought to the table is what matters, and Hot Toys didn't.

That's good speculation, but I don't know. You'd think HT and RDJ's and the Iron Man handlers would have a decent working relationship, especially after having gone through the license approval dance on how many figures already? And with Iron Man 2 on the way?

Ultimately, all that behind the scenes stuff with licenses shouldn't matter to us. What's brought to the table is what matters, and Hot Toys didn't.

I agree that the prototype sculpt should not have been leaked but I suspect HT was confident that they will get it approved on time and hence proceed to proudly show it off in an interview. Tech Mech head did get approved so maybe RDJ was like "that toy company again?" I think HT needs to hire a smooth PR with great communicational skills to streamline this part of the process.
Like I said I didn't even see the picture of those real nice prototypes until now and I pre ordered mine based on just the stock images. If that prototype would have been included in those shots I would have POed two for sure.

Another thing I don't understand is why the licensor have a say over the creative process/artists work? I think that's a little backward coz the licensor doesn't even have an eye for beauty/awesomeness and yet they get to choose and have the final say on the look of the final product? :confused:

If someone released an action figure of you, and you thought it sucked, would you want a chance to stop it?

Seems to be a bit of outrage with the head sculpt, personally I'm happy with it, the teeth showing one would have been nice but to be brutally honest I've never seen a decent likeness on a figure I'd want to look at over a helmeted version.
My gripe is the damage marks on the helmet look like someone has drawn them on with a felt tip. :(

Still getting it though.

Back