Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I feel is that, if they haven't got the sculpt approved, then maybe they shouldn't have advertised it and get everyone excited about the new sculpt. Some ppl may have ordered it just because they saw the new head sculpt & it wouldn't be very fair to them when the final product comes out, it is totally different.

Of cos, one may argue that they always includes the clause *item shown is prototype, actual product may differ*

I agree that perhaps they shouldn't have been shown, but weren't they only published in magazines intended for the Asian markets (not that that means much in these days where an image is all over the net in minutes.

I will say though, if the other head doesn't get a release it'll be a damn shame as it looked pretty impressive.

Just posted on facebook-

Hot Toys

Dear fans, We do understand your concern on the final head sculpt. It is finally released because of licensor's approval.
We have submitted several head sculpts with different face expressions; however, this head sculpt is finally selected.
Hope you would like it. Thanks very much for your response!

Too bad :(
At least , and maybe it just looks like it to me , the new head has better paint then the MKII .

HT didn't have to include the mark 2 headsculpt from the choices and that would've made the selection down to one instead. :duh :banghead

to be honest, the original mk3 biggest let down was the so-so HS. Its disappointing to see HT didn't make any leap and bounds on that dept when they have massively improved the rest of the figure. Besides, if you really want to get screen accurate, you would still need a RDJ head without the helmet for those battle damage scenes in the movie. Its almost a perfect figure. Almost.

For those of us who are getting the mech test version as well, we could use the head from that, but the peg probably won't fit correctly right?

I'm wondering why they would even submit an older design with a recolor for approval.

thats complete bull crap if you ask me.

As I have stated on the FB page

the fact that HT hide and didnt show the final headsculpt until they have received all POs, and only show it during the release date of the figure really shows a very bad business ethics.

customers who wishes to cancel this should be allowed and have their deposit return to them. As this isnt the kojun sculpt like what they claimed when they open the PO, this is a repainted mark 2 TJ Cha sculpt.

this isnt the kojun sculpt that HT claims when accepting the POs. This is kojun;s blog, he always posted his work, especially ones with HT.

Guess what, this one isnt in his blog. Heres the link

https://blog.naver.com/kojun0422

shame on HT :(

Looks nice, not their finest work but I see it as a cool extra anyway.
I could be wrong but at first glance it looks like a repaint of the MK II face.
Mine will be displayed in faceplate down mode probably anyway as mech test Tony will be the representation of Stark on my shelf.

Wookster, I have the same opinion.

thats complete bull crap if you ask me.

As I have stated on the FB page

the fact that HT hide and didnt show the final headsculpt until they have received all POs, and only show it during the release date of the figure really shows a very bad business ethics.

customers who wishes to cancel this should be allowed and have their deposit return to them. As this isnt the kojun sculpt like what they claimed when they open the PO, this is a repainted mark 2 TJ Cha sculpt.

this isnt the kojun sculpt that HT claims when accepting the POs. This is kojun;s blog, he always posted his work, especially ones with HT.

Guess what, this one isnt in his blog. Heres the link

https://blog.naver.com/kojun0422

shame on HT :(

thats their universal answer to almost anything, dont believe them.

Thats not even a kojun sculpt, thats just a repainted mark 2 TJ Cha sculpt. They arent even being honest!

Wow, I haven't felt letdown by HT until this. Makes you wonder why the BD is taking so long.

Wow, I haven't felt letdown by HT until this. Makes you wonder why the BD is taking so long.

so that they can keep on accepting POs while falsely still giving the impression as if the people are POing the kojun sculpt.

well obviously Kojun made the prototype head, which they can't use.

and which they choose not to let us know, until they milk it dry.

I mean come on, they couldnt tell us that they decided to re use the mark 2 sculpt again, and Im betting that the mark 3 ND has been in production since last year, and they cant even update us?!

I am dissapointed as well. If I would have seen those prototype pictures I would have bought 2 IMBD but since I didn't I am glad I only POed one as I am not going show off his face. It is dissapointi g indeed and bad practice to wave a real nice headsculpt in front of us only to give us something inferior.
The Internet is great for voicing out opinion but again the FB posts again shows what I do not like. Ppl using this new medium in such vocal and irresponsible manner. I doubt hardly any of these would have the balls to say what they say in a face to face conversation. We as a society are going down the drain with this faceless communication which really makes the horror in the movie Gamers very possible :(

A letdown for certain however, I had no plans to pose this version with the face plate up. If nothing else changed then I will still purchase. :(

HT's other response:

The head sculpt that magazine introduced is not final. Though we have submitted it to licensor for approval, it is still not approved after amendment for many times by licensor and the actor himself. Finally they suggest us using the original head sculpt. Hope fans would understand.

i wanted the iron man to be displayed with open helmet so i am very dissapointed with their headsculpt...
i dont believe that their was licence problems...
movie combanies after get their money for licences permisions they dont give a crap for how a figure would look like...take example of videogames...all movie videogames are ____...
i cannot believe that even if they had to choose between the two heads they wouldn't choose the prototype...hot toys is playing with as badly...
ok no approval go to a different design and not to come at the last moment and throw something you have done in past and just repainted it...
even if they are telling the truth and they didn't get approval for the headsculpt their final head in my opinion will not get peoples approval...
i think we are going to see the prototype headsculpt on iron man 2 ..how else they could sell the next iron man figure...

Now this almost sounds like RDJ just didn't bother sitting down to approve this new sculpt and hence due to time pressure the old approved sculpt was used as a compromise. Maybe with this assumption being correct maybe HT can be convinced to still perdue this new sculpt until approval and provides it to all existing customers as a bonus?

Back