Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as the suit appeared as Hot Rod Red in the Film, the Actual film worn suit was almost maroon, I saw it in person at the Arclight. Notwithstanding, the Suit SHOULD look as it appeared in the film.

Yeah, the abdomen was a slightly different shade of red.

Ah, glad its not just mine then.

A lot of people didn't like how dark the red armor was on the original HT Mark III. It was almost maroon when the film suit was more a 'hot rod red'. Also, almost the entire figure was simply cast red plastic, so there wasn't much paint, which made the figure look a bit too much like plastic and not a metal suit of armor. The Mark I and Mark II benefited from they're armor color (wrought iron and silver), but not so much for the Mark III.

I hope the BD IM is fully painted, head to toe, instead just colored cast plastic.

Thanks for the response. I must watch the film again, I thought the maroon was correct.

I'd like to be able to get this new figure aswell as the Mech Test suit Tony Stark but I'm trying to cut back on my "not a big fan but that looks cool" purchases, which these would be. I'm also thinking that if I were to buy this BD Mark III it would render obsolete my current Mark III. But damn its tough.

Indeed, maroon.

iron-man.jpg

Hey, I'm not complaining about the original HT armor color. I said there were people who were dissatisfied in that regard.

My complaints stem in the inconsistency of that color on the armor and how plastic and cheap it looked in some areas.

Oh I never realized the color in the movie was not hot rod red cause he did ask the computer to do a hot rod red and gold, not? But I have to agree seeing the MarkIII (ok please, I did not get II & III mixed up again?) in it's plastic colored maroon (another new word for me :D) it just does not convey that painted metal look as well as the painted plastics on MarkI & II and BD prototype pics to be trusted that paint job will look epic!!!
I don't think I have used this word epic this much in my life!!! Tumbler - epic, Batpod - epic, TS MW - epic, JC - epic, DX01 - ueberepic, DX02 - still very epic OMG!!! I gotto stop using this word if HT is going to continue to outdo themself!

mmm...now do I sell my regular M3 Iron Man?

Spanbauer, may I ask hoe cone your lights on M3 are so low?
Mine are far too bright and this looks way cooler.

Oh I never realized the color in the movie was not hot rod red cause he did ask the computer to do a hot rod red and gold, not? But I have to agree seeing the MarkIII (ok please, I did not get II & III mixed up again?) in it's plastic colored maroon (another new word for me :D) it just does not convey that painted metal look as well as the painted plastics on MarkI & II and BD prototype pics to be trusted that paint job will look epic!!!
I don't think I have used this word epic this much in my life!!! Tumbler - epic, Batpod - epic, TS MW - epic, JC - epic, DX01 - ueberepic, DX02 - still very epic OMG!!! I gotto stop using this word if HT is going to continue to outdo themself!

You got it right this time :D

I agree that the pictures released by HT makes the BD version look like painted metal - with a bit of a shine. This seems to be lacking in the first release of the mk III. Really looking forward to this and I hope it gets released before the Chinese New Year - however, I fear it will be after.

Check out HT website under "more reviews", 3 out of 4 figures in the space were released within a month of each other. I am holding onto the slim hope that means BD IM (the fourth figure) will be released soon.

I also hold onto the hope HT releases a Liev Sabretooth. Take it as you will :D

Check out HT website under "more reviews", 3 out of 4 figures in the space were released within a month of each other. I am holding onto the slim hope that means BD IM (the fourth figure) will be released soon.

I also hold onto the hope HT releases a Liev Sabretooth. Take it as you will :D

You might be right. I hope you are right. Need to see some pics soon. I want to pre-oreder this, but I want to make sure it looks good.

BD IM is my next purchase. I'm excited for this one. No info on release date? Anyone?

Getting my one from an american dealer ..saved shipping by getting dx batz and final battle conner shipped out with him ..it will be like Christmas that day 4 sure. ..but god damn the wait is killing me.

Battle-Damaged-Iron-Man-Mark-III.jpg

Any idea yet if this guy is gonna be a little heavier? I always felt like the first one was so ..... I dunno plasticy for me.

So do you guys thing the original Mark III will go down in price now or what?

I was thinking of selling my one off to finance this new one.

So do you guys thing the original Mark III will go down in price now or what?

I was thinking of selling my one off to finance this new one.

hmmm? ..i dunno i have 2 sell my one anyway but regardless .. i should get a decent amount 2 help pay off some pr-orders.

Hoy toys im Selling

Ironman M3 (perfect)
T600 V1 (Broken piston)
Abe sapien ( broken at knee)
Edward scissorhands (Perfect)

I posted this on the mark 3 photo thread but I think it's also relevant to post it here. :)

Crossing my finger on HT using a different paint or rubber on the battle damaged mark 3 coz the color on the first mark 3 release fades over time. I took a photo of my mark 3 and noticed the changes on the lower torso, neck and hand pieces. Notice on Photo 1 the right hand color is fading compared to the left hand color.

I hope it doesn't turn to white over time.
I lowered the contrast on Photos 1, 2 and 3 so you can see what I mean. Photo 4 is a normal shot.

htmark3color.jpg

I may wait and see which armor he'll be wearing in the Avengers movie and just buy that one. Which will probably be the Mark 6 or even a new one. Hopefully by then they'll have all these kinks worked out.

Back